This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's something a bit odd.

I was adding my vote in one of the "First to 50" games when this happened. One of the lines appeared in the grey surround of the reply box.

I clicked on Post Quick Reply & everything went back to normal. I thought it might be a one off glitch but then it happened again on the next game I played.

Might be something you want to keep your eye on.

Comment

Hi Blen.

Thanks for the cap. It looks like your cache is holding part of the game list but overlapping past the thread template.

Which version of Windows/Browser are you using? ( Pm it if you like.)
      The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

I'm using Windows XP & Firefox.

It did cross my mind that it might be me. I have the most ancient computer that is only kept going by Mr Blen tinkering with his innards every so often.

Comment

Thanks,Blen.

Could be XP in FF that's causing the problem or that some Updates haven't been sent through by MS.

MS are ending Support ( And Automatic Updates) for Win XP come April so it doesn't look good for a lot of people right now who can't afford to buy new computers and/or the latest versions of Windows.
          Upgrading isn't cheap and some computers haven't got the room to hold the programs for Win 7/8/8.1!

There's a link here you might find useful -windows/end-support-help

I'm not sure how many of us rely on XP,but I'll ask Darren if there's any help we can offer.

Comment

Dear Baggie

I have had increasing problems with my "windows"
            I have tried a little Chrome, and Even some "firefox", but all my windows keep closing.
            Should I switch to MacOS, or perhaps some Linux??
            I hear Mac is smoother, but Linux gives you far more control?
            Perhaps I should run both??

Kind regards
            Gatefan1976
            sigpic
            ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
            A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
            The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
              Thanks,Blen.

Could be XP in FF that's causing the problem or that some Updates haven't been sent through by MS.

MS are ending Support ( And Automatic Updates) for Win XP come April so it doesn't look good for a lot of people right now who can't afford to buy new computers and/or the latest versions of Windows.
              Upgrading isn't cheap and some computers haven't got the room to hold the programs for Win 7/8/8.1!

There's a link here you might find useful -windows/end-support-help

I'm not sure how many of us rely on XP,but I'll ask Darren if there's any help we can offer.
              Cheers. Thanks for the info Baggie. I hadn't realised that.

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                Dear Baggie

I have had increasing problems with my "windows"
                I have tried a little Chrome, and Even some "firefox", but all my windows keep closing.
                Should I switch to MacOS, or perhaps some Linux??
                I hear Mac is smoother, but Linux gives you far more control?
                Perhaps I should run both??

Kind regards
                Gatefan1976
                Test different browsers and go with whatever combination works best for you.
                ( Vbb's Optimum Browser is still Firefox,but even FF has it's limitations.)

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
                Cheers. Thanks for the info Baggie. I hadn't realised that.
                You're welcome,and good luck checking your computer!

Comment

Just a small note, I am personally using Windows XP Professional edition {service pack three}, support ends for it on 14 April, however as far as I understand it, I can upgrade to Seven, but honestly, XP Professional works perfectly fine, I've asked on a forum called Bleeping Computer Forums for advice, they said it'll run fine, {I had a Windows Server 2000 computer back when XP first came out. Ran like a dream even though support for it ended like a year or so before I got the machine}

I personally find that Google Chrome works perfectly with Windows XP and Gateworld forums just fine. It just takes some rutine cleaning of the cache in chrome and things work smoothly.

There is also wireless troubles, but I wont mention those

HAPPY NEW YEAR MODS

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                  "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                  "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

I'd guess we have a fair percentage of XP users here so can you re-post that in Members helping Members.

Comment

Have any changes to the forum been made recently? I suddenly can't add an image anymore via 'insert image' because my cursor can't click on 'select files' under computer. It just remains a cursor and only turns into a pointing hand on the edge of the button but then clicking doesn't work as it interprets it as clicking outside of the button... Or would this be a browser thing? I'm on Chrome but had some trouble with my browser earlier today...
                      Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                      Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                      On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Hi fems!

Nothing new on our end ,so try clearing your Chrome history,then reboot it.

If that doesn't help,clear your cache,cookies and browser.

Comment

i just had the same trouble as Fems, I am on FF, but if you click the basic uploader, in the bottom right of that same popup, it should upload, i will try
                          ban hammer.gif
                          yup
                          sigpic

Comment

If fems is trying to upload an attachment from her saved computer files,that might work.

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                              Hi fems!

Nothing new on our end ,so try clearing your Chrome history,then reboot it.

If that doesn't help,clear your cache,cookies and browser.
                              Nope, didn't work. Problem still occurs.

Originally posted by pookey View Post
                              i just had the same trouble as Fems, I am on FF, but if you click the basic uploader, in the bottom right of that same popup, it should upload, i will try
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]39108[/ATTACH]
                              yup
                              Yeah, this works! happy.gif
                              Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                              Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                              On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Quick question: Is there some work being done on the Omnipedia?

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

Working...
                                X