Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you don't type a few characters then any capitol letters default to lower case, which will make the smiley not work

even me, if i make another post, the will be small
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

:d
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
        If you don't type a few characters then any capitol letters default to lower case, which will make the smiley not work

even me, if i make another post, the will be small
        Good to know. Thanks.

And just to clarify, do you mean letters need to be typed first because I typed a negative sign and a couple of numbers before I tried the green smiley?

sigpic

Comment

Yes.
          The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Wonderful. Thank you.

sigpic

Comment

I just tried to reply to a visitor message, and I got this error message back:

Sorry, The Lady Blue! You do not have access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

If you've recently signed up, your new account may still be awaiting activation. Have you received your validation e-mail?
              Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
              Only advanced members may add items to the Calendar. Check the FAQ for more info.
              I don't understand. I think I've messaged this person in the past, and I was only replying to a visitor message they left me. Can someone please help? Thank you.

sigpic

Comment

The other Member may have their VM set to only allow messaging from Contacts and Moderators,or set their "Profile Privacy" to Friends only.

"Profile Privacy" ,is in your Control Panel under the "My Settings" sublist.
                Scroll down ,click and set the options to allow/restrict views of your messages and other details.

The options are : Registered Members (anyone logged in can read/post) ,Contacts and Friends.

(Setting the privacy to Friends only won't help keep something actually private if replies show on others' Profiles and Activity Stream.)

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                  The other Member may have their VM set to only allow messaging from Contacts and Moderators,or set their "Profile Privacy" to Friends only.

"Profile Privacy" ,is in your Control Panel under the "My Settings" sublist.
                  Scroll down ,click and set the options to allow/restrict views of your messages and other details.

The options are : Registered Members (anyone logged in can read/post) ,Contacts and Friends.

(Setting the privacy to Friends only won't help keep something actually private if replies show on others' Profiles and Activity Stream.)
                  Oh, okay. That makes sense. I think it's been a month or two since I posted a visitor's message on their page, so something must have changed. Now I know to ask the person about it first in situations like this. Thank you very much.

sigpic

Comment

You're very welcome!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                    Whilst I'm here ...

Answered this in several PM queries ,but if anyone's still wondering why the thread titles for the Grimm ( PTZD) and Agents of SHIELD (FZZT) eps are incorrect : vbulletin automatically defaults to display only lower case letters on all-caps posts,messages and thread titles.

The links to/from SciFi Stream and the Forum threads will work just fine so posting won't be affected.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Also ,regarding the Forum Mail system :

(See the Movin Movin Movin,our server's movin and the Probie Status threads.)

New "Probies" are still being contacted directly in PM asap.

Till the Forum Mailer's fixed,please feel free to PM me ,Skydiver ,jasminaGo or Rosehawk with any requests for Mod action.

(examples of "Mod Action" : Thread retitles,Polls,reports of rule violations,anything else you think needs a Mod's attention.)

Also : if you need to change your Forum E-mail address ,let me or Skydiver know in PM.

If we can't sort an issue out in-forum we may need to e-mail you at your current Forum Account address.

Comment

Hello.

I was wondering if there was any more info on the problem I previously reported regarding the uploading of images from Photobucket and my computer. Has any more headway been made in fixing this issue?

Thank you.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                      K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Nothing so far from Vbb.

Comment

Nothing so far from Vbb.
                          Hiya!!

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. Looks like I chose the perfect time to go replacing those three pics didn't I? lol

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

Did those 3 pics show up as "thumbnails" in the past? ( ie when you first uploaded them?)

Edit .Forget that q.I went back and looked at your original questions and the answers posted here in September.

No ??? symbols show for me when I view any of the pic links.

My view of the errant pics.JPG
                            ^ The attachment just shows as a plain link like the 3 pic thumbnail links, but the big versions show immediately once the buttons are clicked.

One for vbb....
                            Last edited by Bagpuss; 29 October 2013, 02:29 PM.

Comment

Did those 3 pics show up as "thumbnails" in the past? ( ie when you first uploaded them?)

Edit .Forget that q.I went back and looked at your original questions and the answers posted here in September.

No ??? symbols show for me when I view any of the pic links.

[ATTACH]38809[/ATTACH]
                              ^ The attachment just shows as a plain link like the 3 pic thumbnail links, but the big versions show immediately once the buttons are clicked.

One for vbb....
                              The view your getting in that pic there is what I'm getting...well except for that sort of "V" next to the "Logo (2012 -?)" image. The gray "?" only appear on the Manage Attachments pop-up window that appears when uploading images.

I'll leave it to vbb to sort it out and just keep on checking back and forth to see if there's been any fixes made. Its frustrating but I guess I'll have to deal with it for now.

Comment

Ok.

Comment

Working...
                                X