• Show
Clear All

Mods am I allowed a sig with the word
    Spoiler:
    hell
    in it?
    sigpic

Comment

I have no issue with it. If the word isn't starred out in our naughty word filter then it's fine in a sig.

And Hell isn't starred out.
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Hiya, mods!

I just got a visitor message on my profile and, when I went to respond, I got this message:

Is there a glitch or something else I need to do?
        Last edited by ladygris; 28 August 2013, 07:59 AM. Reason: Image too big. Sorry! :o

Comment

Looks like the system thought you'd logged out.

Have you got the "Remember me" checkbox ticked?
          The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
            Looks like the system thought you'd logged out.

Have you got the "Remember me" checkbox ticked?
            I did. That was the first thing I'd checked, and it was showing me as logged in.

Comment

Ok.

The security token on log-ins is an hour from last activity. Ie if you ( generalised "you") haven't been in or moving round BUT haven't logged out at the top of the forum,within 60 mins vbb thinks you left and logs you out.

The VM from Copter had been sent almost an hour before you asked here,so that's most likely what happened.

Renewing your activity reactivated the forum cookies,so you shouldn't have any problems,but I'll send you a test VM to see what happens this time.

Test sent.

( If you get the same system message,can you check you've still got the GW Cookies activated?)
              Last edited by Bagpuss; 28 August 2013, 08:25 AM.

Comment

Now that GW has let me back in.

It appears the only VM I get that message on is one person's. Everyone else, I can view the conversation.

Comment

I answered on VM re the Browser question.

VMs : can you and Copter check your Profile Privacy settings to make sure you've okayed reading each other's messages?

Comment

I answered on VM re the Browser question.

VMs : can you and Copter check your Profile Privacy settings to make sure you've okayed reading each other's messages?
                    Everything's good for me. I'll get with Copter and have her check.

Thanks! And sorry about the run-around just trying to reply.

Comment

No worries!

If anyone's wondering what I mean by "Profile Privacy" ,it's in your Control Panel under "My Settings."
                      Scroll down,click and set the options to allow/restrict views of your messages and other details.

Profile Privacy

If you would like to restrict the display of some of the blocks on your profile page, select a minimum relationship that other users must meet to see the blocks.

Note: Guests and users on your Ignore List will only be able to view the blocks on your page where you have selected 'Everyone'.
                      Contact Info:

Profile Picture:

Visitor Messages:

Albums:

About Me:

Friends:

Recent Visitors:

Social Groups:
                      Part of the vbb blurb is wrong .Everyone = logged in Members.Not lurkers from outside the Forum.They can't get into our Profiles at all.

Comment

Can there be some kind of autocorrect on the site that changes Ronin and Ronan to Ronon?
                        (just kidding, but not really.... )
                        sigpic

Comment

I doubt that'd be possible.

Ronon -the SGA Character

Ronan -Jaffa in SG-1 (The Lost City)

If anyone posts a typo in a canon character name,about all we recommend is a gentle correction.

Comment

I doubt that'd be possible.

Ronon -the SGA Character

Ronan -Jaffa in SG-1 (The Lost City)

If anyone posts a typo in a canon character name,about all we recommend is a gentle correction.
                            And do not forget that Ronin is a term used to describe Samurai without a master or simply wandering Samurai {normally used to describe Samurai that are masterless or teacherless, sometimes though used to describe wandering Samurai sent out by their master to learn the ways of the world}

Also a question; was it just me, or did the site think it time to head for Nassau in the Bahamas for a few minutes just getting to this thread ? For a second or two I was getting "No Data Received" through Google Chrome

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                            "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                            "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Chrome's been a bit glitchy for some during the latest updates.

Other than that : no major forum glitches or server peaks today.

Let's keep the chat down here folks.
                              The original question was asked and answered.

Comment

Chrome's been a bit glitchy for some during the latest updates.

Other than that : no major forum glitches or server peaks today.
                                Oki dokie, thanks Baggie!

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                                "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                                "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Working...
                                X