This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Kali!

Once you're past "Probie" status ,you'll be able to access any forum features and control panel settings you can't reach right now.
    ( Don't worry,you won't need thousands of posts to get onto normal access!)

For a fuller explanation of what Probie Status is,and why it was introduced in 2008,take a look at the first post here :'Probie' Status for New Members

Only option I can offer re threads is to set you to auto-sub to all threads you post to from now till you come off Probie.After then,you can delete extra subs and adjust any notifications.

Will that help?
    The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
      Nothing's been altered/upgraded here lately.

Is it happening on a specific thread or page?

( I've switched to Chrome and Adblocks to see if I can find anything and so far : no luck!)
      No, it seemed to happen randomly. So far, I haven't encountered it today so maybe it was just a glitch and won't occur again... If it does happen again I'll try to make a screen cap, but hopefully that won't be necessary.
      Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
      Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
      On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Hi Kali!

Once you're past "Probie" status ,you'll be able to access any forum features and control panel settings you can't reach right now.
        ( Don't worry,you won't need thousands of posts to get onto normal access!)

For a fuller explanation of what Probie Status is,and why it was introduced in 2008,take a look at the first post here :'Probie' Status for New Members

Only option I can offer re threads is to set you to auto-sub to all threads you post to from now till you come off Probie.After then,you can delete extra subs and adjust any notifications.

Will that help?
        Fair enough. Thanks.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
          No, it seemed to happen randomly. So far, I haven't encountered it today so maybe it was just a glitch and won't occur again... If it does happen again I'll try to make a screen cap, but hopefully that won't be necessary.
          Thanks,fems.
          Could've been a Chrome hiccup,but time'll tell.

Originally posted by Kali View Post
          Fair enough. Thanks.
          Done! Hopefully the posts I just cleared will sub you to those threads.If not,it'll "take" next time.

Comment

Done! Hopefully the posts I just cleared will sub you to those threads.If not,it'll "take" next time.
            It seems to be working so far. I have two threads subscribed to under the control panel. Much thanks.
            sigpic

Comment

You're welcome!

Comment

i don't know if this is something that you deal with, but what happened to the Omnipedia? the search box is different and can't look up things like planets, characters, ships, etc. if you don't deal with this who can i ask about it. i think it sarted sunday afternoon.

Comment

I'll look into this, lame moose. Thanks for the head's up!
                  GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                  The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                  Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

That search box and navigation there has never worked for me and I kind of figured those were known errors! It does seem worse now, though, since I can't access any kind of information there and the navigation links are gone (replaced with 'portal-url|portal' etc).
                    Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                    On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

The Omnipedia takes a fair while to load ,then the sidebar links are shown as plain text.Usually those are hyperlinks.

The main links and interconnections between pages do work,but give Darren time to get the faults diagnosed and fixed, folks.

Thanks.

Comment

Further to that ,and this is intended as a general message and fyi for members who don't/can't check out the Main Site or Twitter : Darren and David are off to San Diego CC to cover the event.

If any further issues/glitches arise concerning the Main Site,let us know,or mail Darren at webmaster-at-gateworld-net,and wait on his answer.

If you aren't sure whether something's a GW Home or Forum matter,just tell us here,or via PM,and we'll do what we can.
                        He may have internet access problems ,as is often the case when travelling,so please don't think any mails will be ignored.
                        He'll reply or apply fixes as and when he can.

Comment

The Omnipedia takes a fair while to load ,then the sidebar links are shown as plain text.Usually those are hyperlinks.

The main links and interconnections between pages do work,but give Darren time to get the faults diagnosed and fixed, folks.

Thanks.
                          I know that's how it supposed to work, but it has never worked for me. The links in the sidebar or even the search box weren't clickable, so I could never even enter a keyword. Hence me hardly ever using the omnipedia.

Don't know if it's browser (I use Chrome) related or that perhaps I need some extra plug-in or whatever, but figured I should mention it since Darren seemed surprised it wasn't working now.
                          On FFnet or AO3

Comment

Noted. If those Omni links never worked for you,have you asked Chrome for advice on fixes or tried other browsers?

Comment

Noted. If those Omni links never worked for you,have you asked Chrome for advice on fixes or tried other browsers?
                              Nope, sorry. I just use the lexicon on RDA's website instead... I never thought the problem lay with Chrome so never tried other browsers and am not planning to, as IE and FF both give me trouble and I can't work with Safari or Opera well.
                              On FFnet or AO3

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
                                While the lags seem to finally be gone, I'm now experiencing some kind of white/gray blocked screen (covers either the top or lower half of my screen) when I'm opening a thread or specific (sub)forum. It only lasts a second if not less, but it's really irritating and confusing. Could that have something to do with the temporary fix or some other new thing (it started today)? It only happens on this website, I'm using Chrome (up to date) and adblock in case it matters.
                                Nothing's been altered/upgraded here lately.

Is it happening on a specific thread or page?

( I've switched to Chrome and Adblocks to see if I can find anything and so far : no luck!)
                                Just an FYI, nothing more.

I have the same issue here. I'm using Chrome without Adblock, and it happens when I open the forum on my phone OR computer.

Either way, if I don't scroll through the forums too fast, it doesn't occur. Just thought it might help anyone dealing with this issue reading this thread.

Comment

Working...
                                X