Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm having a problem with many of my posts being double posted by the forum. I then have to delete the second post.

I'm just wondering if it's only me that's having this problem?
    sigpic

Comment

Hi Bev!

It's a universal random database glitch that's been hitting all types of messages.Not a lot we can do except to advise y'all to delete the extra copies.
      The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Thanks for the answer, Baggie. I'm glad it's not just me it's happening to.
        sigpic

Comment

Y'welcome Bev!

Afraid the glitch is one of those irksome gifts that keeps on giving.Just had it happen to me again!

Comment

Greetings oh wonderful mods...question. I managed to add a photo to my sig. and now I want to change it. After checking the delete box then what do I do? I am sure I have to check something else...but I don't know what....help please.
            sigpic

Comment

If you are just deleting the old image you will need to check 'Delete current image' box and probably need to also delete the [sigpic][/sigpic] tags from the editor before hitting Save signature. If you want to change the image with another one, check 'Delete current image', find the new sig (from your computer or the web in the Upload Signature Picture field) and then hit the Upload button.
              sigpic

Comment

Thank you very much. You have been most helpful.....
                sigpic

Comment

You're welcome. But you want to be careful with that height. The limit is 200 pixels tall and 700 pixels wide in total which includes text. You can see how that looks here. Your sig looks a bit too tall now.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
                    You're welcome. But you want to be careful with that height. The limit is 200 pixels tall and 700 pixels wide in total which includes text. You can see how that looks here. Your sig looks a bit too tall now.
                    As a suggestion to the modly crew - maybe good time to repeat the sig-rule to the whole forum as I'm fairly certain a whole bunch of us are starting to take up a wee bit more than just 200px size.

Even if we're trying not to.
                    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Something to put on our 'todo' list....although honestly, considering that it's usually long timers that keep doing it, folks that sure know better, i'm honestly not sure what good it'll do.
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Is the religious thread gone for good or will we get it back soon?
                        sigpic

Comment

That particular thread was pulled because of the level of bickering,daily complaints to the Mods ,and the general intolerance amongst some contributors in June.
                          Hardly a "Help Desk",unfortunately.

I'd call it dead as a Dodo ,but a good compromise will be this : I'll put out the closed RHD as an archive ,then one of you can start a new Religious Discussion thread to carry forward the actual topics and reference points.

That seems the fairest solution,and a fresh re-start.

Success of threads here ,as ever ,depends on whether the debate(s) stay civil within the Forum Rules of course.

Comment

See link : Religious Help Desk and read the final post.

A lot of posts were deleted back in June,but if others need to be zatted too : please utilise the report feature,folks.

Comment

Any chance of getting this thread stickied in the Fanfic subforum? It would provide a good place for beta readers to get connected up with authors requesting their services. Thanks in advance!

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                              Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
                              sigpic
                              now also appearing on DeviantArt
                              Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

Done!

Comment

Working...
                                X