This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NI Urbex View Post
    many thanks for that, i found the stickied thread literally seconds after posting the original message lol
    will check out the other one too tho
    You're welcome!
    You might find the links in my reply to Lady Midnight useful too....
    Originally posted by Lady Midnight View Post
    Hello to the Moderators who govern this cyberspace realm. I am Lady Midnight and a grunt among the masses. I have attempted to understand the rules without running to the leaders. I know you are busy. My major confusion is what is showing up on my control panel.

Two long standing members have visited me...mad_gater and Girlbot. Upon their arrival I received points for reasons unknown. I do not question this...but, I would like to thank them for the greeting, as to not do so is rather rude on my part. Since their visit in not, shall we say, main stream and I am not allowed to PM...how do I accomplish this. Should I just go to the greeting/new comer thread and mention this? I am not sure what the boundaries are for this....thank you (LM)
    Hi. The points you recieved are "Greens" aka Reputation Points.They're a way of sending short positive messages to other members about their posts.
    You see the green blocks under everyone's usernames?
    That gives you an estimate of that person's reputation ( aka popularity or approval from others.)
    Consider points you recieve as a pat on the back for a good post,or as a personal gift.
    Whether you choose to return a point is up to you entirely,but it's a feature you'll be able to use soon.

More useful information here for you and other "Probies" : Probie Status for New Members

Once you get past that stage you'll be able to use forum features such as Visitor Message ,Reputation-giving and Private Messaging.

Other handy threads :
    "NEWBIES: Handy-Forum Tutorials!"

X-treme Guide to GateWorld (for newbies)
    ( Don't be put off by the "Newbie" part of some titles.It's meant affectionately, as everyone was a Newbie once.)

There are other "Stickied " threads in this section too,covering different aspects of forum life and the rules and guidelines.

A particularly handy one is "Members helping Members" ,because we have plenty art and computer whizzes aboard who enjoy helping with such things as browser problems,signature creation,and so on.
    A good thread to post to if you're unsure whether you need a formal Staff answer!
    The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Thank you Bagpuss for the heads up...also many thanks to Nolamom for the visitor message and the instructions on how to thank the members that have been kind enough to give me green, but alas I can get to their page, but not leave a visitor message at this time. I guess I haven't posted enough yet....so to mad_gater, Girlbot and pookey....many blessing to you this day for the green...my favorite color, and no it has nothing to do with money.
      sigpic

Comment

hey guys long time no see
        why can't i enter this http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/8...l-three-shows?
        sigpic
        Ohhhhhhhh WHAM BAM THANK YOU MA'AM

Comment

Because that thread isn't in a general area of the forum anymore.
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

sorry?
            sigpic

Comment

The thread has been pulled, for reasons I can't recall at the moment. It may/may not be returned out to general visibility.

sigpic

Comment

kk thks
                sigpic

Comment

Many thank you's to TPTB for their trust in me. I am thrilled that I am now able to contact members, my post go direct and I can add a few things about myself.....(ML)
                  sigpic

Comment

Is this the place to question the poll? If it is then i was about to vote in the poll (just about the time I was finishing watching the season and I couldn't help to notice that all I got was a date for when the poll ended, not the time just the date. I wasn't aware that the poll would close exactly on the 30th and not on the 30th at exactly 23:59:59.

Is there any way you can make the poll end times clearer or make it end just a little bit later?
                    Back from the grave.

Comment

Originally posted by Lady Midnight View Post
                      Many thank you's to TPTB for their trust in me. I am thrilled that I am now able to contact members, my post go direct and I can add a few things about myself.....(ML)
                      Y'welcome.Happy posting!

Originally posted by Zombies Rise from the Sea View Post
                      Is this the place to question the poll? If it is then i was about to vote in the poll (just about the time I was finishing watching the season and I couldn't help to notice that all I got was a date for when the poll ended, not the time just the date. I wasn't aware that the poll would close exactly on the 30th and not on the 30th at exactly 23:59:59.

Is there any way you can make the poll end times clearer or make it end just a little bit later?
                      Questions and suggestions re the Rewatch Polls and other GateWorld Main Features are best taken directly to Darren c/o the webmaster (at) gateworld(dot) net address.
                      Head your mail "Season 1 SGA Rewatch Poll".
                      (Suggested that header as it'll catch his eye amongst the umpteen mails he recieves daily!)

Comment

Thanks, Baggy!

Zombies: The goal is always to post the results before the end of day on the last day of the month, so I need to get a jump on creating the post (it takes a few hours). I usually leave the polls open right up until the results are published (since the last few votes don't change the outcome).

Polls will always close early in the afternoon the last day of the month, U.S. time. I'm in the U.K. and try to get it published before I go to bed. The closest you'll get to a "time's almost up" notice is if you follow GateWorld on Twitter!
                        GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                        The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                        Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Why is the Gamekeeper thread in Stargate SG1 Season Two locked? The most recent comments seem innocuous enough.

Seaboe
                          If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Glitch.Now reopened.

I'll let Darren know,because this has happened a few times to innocuous threads lately.

Comment

hello one of the members cant leave me VM's, my account is set for all to use it, this morning i had the same problem with Geekwraiths VM's any help is appreciated, thankyou
                              sigpic

Comment

If that person is a probie, then they can't use the VM system until they graduate out of the probie status

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X