This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holding on to my hat!

I had a post disappear! It was weird. But I have faith in you!
    Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Comment

'holds fez tight'
      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

ok i'm all done and going to bed. If you still have speed issues, i vote it being your ISP and not Gateworld.

Server load is half of what it was yesterday and the forums are loading instantly for me and i'm in Australia.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          I don't know if its just me but GW is really slow and I keep on losing the connection to the website. Maybe pass it on to Greg please?
          This is true for me today, as well.
          sigpic
          Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

It loads about 90% for me and then just spools and spools. Looks to be stuck on the ads?
            sigpic

Comment

Are you using adblockers?

Comment

Originally posted by CheekyBeckett View Post
                It loads about 90% for me and then just spools and spools. Looks to be stuck on the ads?
                Huh, it's been doing that for me for weeks, I assumed it was my browser (Opera).
                And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                sigpic
                Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Ok everyone ,looks like Greg's done his best to fix the Servers/Apache and the ads may be causing the latest problems.

If that's the case,then it could be browser-related,or you might need to find out which ads are causing the lag so you can add them to your adblockers OR post the details to the "Annoying ads" thread.
                  The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

I use firefox 4.0.1 , with the latest addblock plus deactivated on gateworld and it gives me the "page not load" .I tried with the addblock plus on and it still give the same results .

The only way to post this was to stop it from loading .
                    sigpic
                    Stargate Mods List

I am webxro , google me .SG,ST,SW,B5 Fan since forever.
                    StarTrek Excalibur enthusiast and Pardus player .
                    GW member infractions : 1

Comment

There's a url that has invitemedia.com in it that appears to be holding up upload of pages.

Comment

I think this has already been mention, so I mention it again doubtless.

the ablitiy to minimise certain forums does not work, nor does hiding the little sidebar on the main index page. Personally I like the little tabs that allow one to minimise areas they do not visit in order to give as little scrolling as possible. however this merely refreshes the main index page now. I assume this is merely a temporary glitch ?

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                        "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                        "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

works for me

plus the forums flying fast right now.
                          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Consider these glitches as temporary, pending Greg getting some rest and he and Darren taking a look at everything.

I can collapse the forums ,using FF 4.0.2 and IE ,so some of you could be having browser problems ,or as Greg stated : ISP speed could be the cause .

Comment

My ISp is kinda under water.. at least one of their call offices are

Anyhow I think it was just a browser issue, cleared cache, works fine now. and thanks Atem folr the screen shots. that is exactly what I speak about

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                              "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                              "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Another thing to add ( too late to edit my previous post):

Photobucket has been experiencing some issues ,and as that site is one of the most popular third-party hosts for a massive amount of the graphics,.gifs, signatures and other images posted to threads,groups,Profiles and profile Walls,it's a contributory factor that can't be ruled out.

Comment

Working...
                                X