Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At the moment - nope.Just been testing that out amongst other things.

This will affect several functions till Greg can fix it :

e-notifications of Private messages (only if enabled in members' options.)
    e-notifications of new messages to subbed threads.
    e-reports of rule violations/requests for action.

Best advice is to pm a visibly online Mod with a brief description and links to violations/request for action.

Only use this thread for generalised requests.No names- no pack drill.

Edit : The report feature etc was fixed several hours ago,thanks to Greg's perseverance .
    Last edited by Bagpuss; 11 October 2009, 12:03 PM. Reason: Updated information.
    The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Hello, I can't understand if that's site issue, or my browser gives glitches: each time I try to reach gateworld.net browser gives me strange redirect: www2.gateworld.net I understand that site may be down, but that's kinda strange address.
      Homo sum et nihil humani a me alienum puto, sic quod feci quod potui et sic potui, faciant meliora potentes. (c)

sigpic

Comment

Try this address : http://www.gateworld.net/

Also check out this thread ,as the connectivity issues may be related to the Site/Forum Updates going on .

Comment

That address don't work as well as any other variations & gives the same odd redirect, that's the problem. OK, I'll go see a thread.
          Homo sum et nihil humani a me alienum puto, sic quod feci quod potui et sic potui, faciant meliora potentes. (c)

sigpic

Comment

How can i delete my Account ?

I am involved in so many Forums and Social Networks that i want to make the List a little bit more slim!

Please send me a PM if oyu have some Questions about this issue !

Greets Baba
            Sanctuary for all !!!
            https://www.instagram.com/meistersere/

Comment

Hi Baba.

We don't delete accounts,but if you're absolutely certain you won't need your account again,just follow the instructions here :
              Originally posted by Forum Forum Rules
              How can I delete or close my account?
              If you've decided that you need to leave the forum, we are sorry to see you go! There is no need to do anything to close your account -- just visit the My Controls panel and unsubscribe from threads to avoid receiving further notices. If you are sure you will never want to return and access the account again, you can also change your password to a random string of characters and then log out.

We do not delete accounts, since our forum software would then reset all of your posts to "Guest" and wreak havoc on current and past discussions.
              You can also go into your controls and disable e-mails ,private messages and admin-mails .

All the best,whatever you decide !

Comment

Baggy sweetie....you wouldnt happen to know exactly how many infractions there are for gateworld would you? spamming and sig violations i have....

aw hell ill admit it. im bored. and i wanna collect infractions. cause im wierd. how many are there?
                sigpic

I'm not dead. Yet.

Comment

My Dear Mods,

I want to start a SGC Sports Channel Thread, for general discussion of all sports and anything relating to sport connected to SG1/SGA. Do I go for General discussion or Off topic?

Cheers
                  My FF.netStories -Stargate Atlantis Allies-Colonel Ted Hasluck Bio
                  sigpic "Weedle" 27/09/1987-16/09/2010 RIP Soldier

Comment

Originally posted by susanne View Post
                    Baggy sweetie....you wouldnt happen to know exactly how many infractions there are for gateworld would you? spamming and sig violations i have....

aw hell ill admit it. im bored. and i wanna collect infractions. cause im wierd. how many are there?
                    Some things I and the other Mods can speak freely about..others are a no-go.
                    Answering by Pm.

Comment

Originally posted by puddlejumperOZ View Post
                      My Dear Mods,

I want to start a SGC Sports Channel Thread, for general discussion of all sports and anything relating to sport connected to SG1/SGA. Do I go for General discussion or Off topic?

Cheers
                      off topic
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                        off topic
                        Thanks Sky
                        My FF.netStories -Stargate Atlantis Allies-Colonel Ted Hasluck Bio
                        sigpic "Weedle" 27/09/1987-16/09/2010 RIP Soldier

Comment

this is the first time i've ever wanted to avoid spoilers (doing this with sanctuary too), so...

i've noticed some sgu threads being named with spoilers in the title. now, i know i could just stay out of the sgu threads until i see the newest episode, but i always use the 'new posts' button, and that's where i'm getting the sgu threads in there. and some are giving away spoilers.

kind of hoping something could be done...
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

report them and tell us where to go

we try with the SGU area. That said, we have hundreds of threads begun there each week... many of which end up merged into others because they are duplicates...)hint for people to try using the search function, or READ the existing threads before they run off starting a new one)

Anyway, we're trying sally, but if there are any threads that someone feels are too spoilerish report them and we'll look into it

sigpic

Comment

This has been happ[ening to me pretty much since the premire of SGU.... either the forum (and the main site) are very very very VERY slow, or they don't load at all, or --in the case of the forums-- I get a 500 Internal Server Error and a blank white screen. This happens generally around 130-3 PM with the site then slow until around midnight or later when everything is freed up again and speeds are normal. (this usually lasts until three or four am when I go to sleep)

All times are Atlantic/Eastern Military Time

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                              "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                              "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

i think everyone is experiencing it. All i can say is that greg knows and he's working on it.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X