Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can this thread be renamed as it is kind of annoying?
    http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=21256
    and maybe moved to the S9 Area?

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
      Unless things have changed drastically since I left for work this morning, then I beg to differ. Folks might have PM's turned on and you can still access it by clicking on their name in a thread like this one, but the PM link in user profiles has been MIA for quite a while, now.

Is Greg still on vacation?
      yes greg is still on vacation.
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by S.G.C
        Can this thread be renamed as it is kind of annoying?
        http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=21256
        and maybe moved to the S9 Area?
        renamed and moved

sigpic

Comment

Thanks Skydiver

Don't know if this has ever been suggested but how about rewards for getting pasts the point where there are no more avatar groups to unlock or the custom avatar, something like the ability to what you are called under you name (The Goa'uld Lord Part ) Its that I was thinking that the members (Qaisim, SkyDiver etc.) that have a "large" number of posts who the majority have posted sensible aren't rewarded unless I have missed something?
          Last edited by Stricken; 14 December 2005, 05:20 AM.

Comment

that's something we can put forth to darren since only the admins can edit those titles

it could be a nice reward for those that have reached a certain level of participation

sigpic

Comment

The PM link on member profile pages has been restored! Nutty vBulletin changed the code on us with the last upgrade.

If there are any users who have PMs turned OFF and this link still appears on your profile page, please let me know.
              GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
              The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
              Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

when will the bug stopping some folks from creating threads be fixed do we know?

Comment

about the time i become a regular on SG1 i think...its been a bug for about 3 months.
                  sigpic
                  You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                  Stargate : Genesis |
                  Original Starship DesignThread
                  Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                  11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep
                    about the time i become a regular on SG1 i think...its been a bug for about 3 months.
                    tell me about it, ever since the upgrade i havent been able to make new threads.

Comment

Hi all,

I've done some hunting on our "your post is too short" issue that is preventing some users from being able to create new threads at vBulletin.com. There is no fix for it that I can find; the board owners who are having this problem are still trying to convince the developers that it's an issue.

These possibly related suggestions have been offered, if anyone who is having this problem wants to try them out and report back on what, if any, works:

1) Clear your browser's cache (Temporary Internet Files) and restart the browser.

2) Temporarily disable any browser extensions or plug-ins you are using.

3) Make sure you are using the standard editor, not the WYSIWYG editor to compose your message. (Toggle with the "Switch Editor Mode" link in the editor's top-right corner. The standard editor will show the bracketed tags for things like type formatting and links.) There is a suggestion that the error may be related to the WYSIWYG editor.

Thanks!
                      GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                      The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                      Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Question. I read this today and here's the link:

Attack Targets Mozilla - Yahoo! News

http://news.yahoo.com/s/pcworld/20051213/tc_pcworld/123910

could this be the reason why the forum is running slow?

Comment

i just switched to the basic editor and was able to make a new thread so that seems to work for me!

Comment

same, firefox only works with the extra and basic modes, not WYSIWYG mode.
                            sigpic
                            You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                            Stargate : Genesis |
                            Original Starship DesignThread
                            Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                            11000! green me

Comment

Hi I just want to say that the sight is intresting and informitive. I don't know all of the area's but the info is quite good. I know or quess this is for asking questions? So if you could help or if I'm in the wrong area. Could you tell me if the people from Stargate Atlantis take any new story ideas from fans? Or can we just discuss other ideas with other fans in the chat rooms? Thank-you. For any help and information. Also sorry if I'm in the wrong place.

Comment

Originally posted by jdit2
                                Hi I just want to say that the sight is intresting and informitive. I don't know all of the area's but the info is quite good. I know or quess this is for asking questions? So if you could help or if I'm in the wrong area. Could you tell me if the people from Stargate Atlantis take any new story ideas from fans? Or can we just discuss other ideas with other fans in the chat rooms? Thank-you. For any help and information. Also sorry if I'm in the wrong place.
                                Hello, and welcome.

The Stargate Atlantis creative team don't take story ideas from fans. They'll take submissions from professional scriptwriters, through their agents, I believe.

But to discuss story ideas, try our General Discussion folder for ideas that extend from existing concepts in Atlantis, or our Atlantis s2 and Atlantis s1 folders for discussing themes or plot-points specific to a particular season, or the Fan Fiction folder for any new ideas that you come up with.

Madeleine

Comment

Working...
                                X