This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I lost over 1000 posts!!
    The 43,728 Chevron Thread shouldn't be moved, Muh_tutels, said that you would be have to say like; chevron 2345, how was your day?or so.
    In that thread you'ld have to say something afterwards, so I think that it should be moved back to Fun&Games.
    Oh, and like the post above, couldn't you just copy it?!
    And then lock the threads?!
    sigpic

My fan-fic, swedish outpost

Comment

Are there still problems with the server?

Omnipedia doesn't seem to want to load.
      sigpic

Comment

Darren, give back my posts!
        I vent from a Major to a First Leutenat!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SeaBee View Post
          Are there still problems with the server?

Omnipedia doesn't seem to want to load.
          Nothing up there wants to load... even the homepage is "taking too long and the server has timed out or stopped."

Another server fart?
          sigpic
          Sig by ME.

Comment

As has been mentioned previously the small "benefits" of a higher post count were intended by Darren to be a "reward" for involvement in the GateWorld community. This is why non-Stargate stuff stays in Off Topic and doesn't count. With the proliferation of the counting games the mod team had to evaluate whether we felt these games fit the guidelines laid out by Darren, and we decided they did not. Hence their move to OT. I'm sorry your post count has dropped, but that shouldn't detract from your enjoyment of the game - if ramping up your post count was the ONLY reason for your participation then that merely re-enforces our decision.
            I might add that polite discussion is much more likely to get you somewhere than indignant raging....

Comment

Please disregard my previous question.

I just tried it again and it worked perfectly.

It just did that to make me look silly.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kiwigater View Post
                As has been mentioned previously the small "benefits" of a higher post count were intended by Darren to be a "reward" for involvement in the GateWorld community. This is why non-Stargate stuff stays in Off Topic and doesn't count. With the proliferation of the counting games the mod team had to evaluate whether we felt these games fit the guidelines laid out by Darren, and we decided they did not. Hence their move to OT. I'm sorry your post count has dropped, but that shouldn't detract from your enjoyment of the game - if ramping up your post count was the ONLY reason for your participation then that merely re-enforces our decision.
                I might add that polite discussion is much more likely to get you somewhere than indignant raging....
                I was never trying to "up" my post count with those games, never even took notice of it in fact. Just happily counting chevrons and chatting with my friends.

I'm over it now.
                sigpic
                Sig by ME.

Comment

Same here RIG.
                  sigpic

Comment

I thank everyone for expressing their views. We knew that people wouldn't be happy.

That being said, what's done is done. The suggestion to copy and close can be considered and discussed, but there are no promises towards any action we might or might not take.

Let's get this thread back on the topic of questions please. If you wish to express your opinions about the moving of the chevron threads, PM a mod of your choice.

thanks
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Well the forum was down hours today!
                      sigpic

Comment

and the 'why' is that we had a hardware failure. nothing you can do about that but fix it, which greg has
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                          and the 'why' is that we had a hardware failure. nothing you can do about that but fix it, which greg has
                          I don't think it's fixed! The forum is still crawling...

Comment

I was unable to bring up the homepage or forum most of this afternoon (EST) if this is of any help. It only just restored in the last 30 minutes.
                            ---------------------
                            sigpic
                            Another theory on the expansion of the universe collapses!

Comment

Is it possible to make a subsection for just twitters? I've noticed that more and more twitter posts are being added to the news section to the point that well, everything else gets shoved off the page (and face it, most twitters are inane ramblings, not news). In fact, many tweets get posted twice, which is a bit much...

Comment

What would people think about merging all the Stargate cast/crew Twitter threads into one big "Stargate Twitters" thread?
                                GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                                The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                                Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Working...
                                X