Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As to the last question about when you create a new thread...

I m'self have encountered that and have found that if I browse backward I can return to the page w/the text and then add a period or two that the thread will be created.

Onward ho!
    Can we get another forum started for SciFi MiniSeries? I'm curious as to what people will be thinking about TRIANGLE given SciFi's past history with original films.
    "The Clarke Postulate - One's ability to correctly explain advanced theoretical thermodynamics as applied to string theory within a fictional context is directly related to one's ability to cook the perfect lemon chicken with mushrooms in a nice garlic butter sauce. While some use this unexpected correlation as proof of intelligent design, I believe that its all about the person's choice of mushrooms.

I also believe that there is a tear developing in the space-time continuum which if left uncheck will allow Microsoft to become a world power. I suspect that unless we all download Firefox 3 on the same day, thus sealing the tear, that life as we know it may be over and children will have their teddy bears and blankets ripped mercilessly from their arms.

Comment

I haven't had these thread creation problems, so unfortunately I can't comment

On the sub-forum front, I'm afraid those choices are up to Darren, and reflect the shows he both enjoys and thinks there is enough interest in to sustain a folder. I suspect Sci Fi miniseries won't qualify, however, you are more than welcome to create a thread about it under the "General" folder in the "Alternate Universes" subfolder.

Comment

Sooo.... no moderators online for 8 hours? Or is there some technical problem as to why only my posts don't show up? Laziness?
        I'm a TrustNo1/Weir shipper Also TrustNo1/Carter shipper and TrustNo1/Teyla Shipper. In fact I'm a TrustNo1/Weir/Carter/Teyla shipper. Yes, that would be good Throw in some Vala in tight leather. Is this sig PG? Oh well

Thank you L-JADE for the sig, it ROCKS!!!

Waiting for my posts to be approved.

Comment

Your posts will show up once we've had a chance to look at them. Naturally we'll do our best to make this swift, however we can't guarantee any set time, given that each of us gets onto the forum when we can rather than at a fixed hour.

Madeleine

Comment

About the thread creation problem, if anyone is desperate to start a thread and can't because you're getting the character error message, post your opening post in here instead and give it a title, and I'll shift it out so it makes a new thread of its own.

Madeleine

Comment

Oh I was just asking because I saw three mods on at any one time and thought there might be a technical problem.
              I'm a TrustNo1/Weir shipper Also TrustNo1/Carter shipper and TrustNo1/Teyla Shipper. In fact I'm a TrustNo1/Weir/Carter/Teyla shipper. Yes, that would be good Throw in some Vala in tight leather. Is this sig PG? Oh well

Thank you L-JADE for the sig, it ROCKS!!!

Waiting for my posts to be approved.

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W
                About the thread creation problem, if anyone is desperate to start a thread and can't because you're getting the character error message, post your opening post in here instead and give it a title, and I'll shift it out so it makes a new thread of its own.
                ok thanks, im not having much of a problem because im 'used' to it but i think if newer member are for example creating their first thread it might be a tad frustrating. it been like it for at least a month now and there was a thread about it somewhere.
                sigpic
                You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                Stargate : Genesis |
                Original Starship DesignThread
                Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                11000! green me

Comment

I think that I can help with this thread creation problem as I had it a few days ago, its all to do with this
                  When posting messages to the forums or other members, there are three interface types available to you. The simplest of these is a simple text box, while the last is a fully-fledged WYSIWYG editor, which allows you to format your text as you want it and see the results immediately.
                  Depending upon the capabilities of your web browser, you may not be able to use all of these options. If you experience problems when posting messages, try switching to a different interface type.
                  Message Editor Interface:
                  You need to have it on standard, as the higher option doesnt seem to let you post threads, when I changed back to standard I was able to post a thread again. I am sure some one else will tell you where it as I have to leave fast
                  Last edited by Stricken; 06 December 2005, 11:56 PM.

Comment

oh good, actually that makes sense the problem started when i switched from IE to firefox, thanks SGC.
                    sigpic
                    You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                    11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by S.G.C
                      I think that I can help with this thread creation problem as I had it a few days ago, its all to do with this

When posting messages to the forums or other members, there are three interface types available to you. The simplest of these is a simple text box, while the last is a fully-fledged WYSIWYG editor, which allows you to format your text as you want it and see the results immediately.
                      Depending upon the capabilities of your web browser, you may not be able to use all of these options. If you experience problems when posting messages, try switching to a different interface type.
                      Message Editor Interface:

You need to have it on standard, as the higher option doesnt seem to let you post threads, when I changed back to standard I was able to post a thread again. I am sure some one else will tell you where it as I have to leavge fast
                      Thank you for that.

Madeleine

Comment

i have another question, i just clicked on 'view forum leaders' button for the first time ever and found i was in the officer slass section at the bottom, what does this actually mean?
                        sigpic
                        11000! green me

Comment

After a certain amount of posts the member is classified as an *Officer* behind the scenes
                          Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Im glad that I could help, and the menu is at the bottom of the "Edit Options" in your control pannel under the title of Miscellaneous Options

Comment

Hey mods, just thought I'd post this as I got on quickly: Do I get any new goodies with 600 posts? Just wondering, and thanks again!
                              sigpic
                              Sig from Kat Logan VIA SilverRider

SIX YEARS OF ROLEPLAYING ON GATEWORLD!

Join the Aftermath RP

Comment

Gads ...I don't remember ... I think there is a list somewhere...if one of the other Mods hasn't answered you by the time I locate it I will post it here for you...I think it is just a name or *status* change at that point
                                Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Working...
                                X