This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hermiiod View Post
    Question about reputation: How do I view all of my reputations? At the moment it only shows the latest 20 or so. Also, how do I give bad reputation (I believe it is called 'red')?
    And, can I view other people's reputation?

Thanks
    -Hermiiod
    I believe you can only view the last 20, 30 or so. It depends on how large the messages are. After that you can ask to review a specific one and if a Moderator has time we can try to retrieve it for you to keep in a file. But it is not normally something we do.

We no longer offer the *red* option. There is a thread elsewhere in this Folder where Darren lists the changes of the Forum for 2009
    Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

For some odd reason, the vBulletin software doesn't allow you to visit an archive will all of your Reputation comments -- only as many as we set in the Options. I've increased that number in the past, and may do so again at some point.
      GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
      The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
      Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Originally posted by KatG View Post
        Red or neg rep is no longer available. It was being used to bully people rather than for it's intended purpose to express disapproval of a particular post.

As for viewing other people's rep - not an option.

Not sure on viewing more than the 20 rep messages showing - I'll leave that to someone else to answer.
        Originally posted by TameFarrar View Post
        I believe you can only view the last 20, 30 or so. It depends on how large the messages are. After that you can ask to review a specific one and if a Moderator has time we can try to retrieve it for you to keep in a file. But it is not normally something we do.

We no longer offer the *red* option. There is a thread elsewhere in this Folder where Darren lists the changes of the Forum for 2009
        That's disappointing about the red, but understandable how some people abuse it's use.
        I would love to keep track of all my reputation, and be able to view them all. Oh well.

Thanks for your help!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/carpentersam/
        MY ARTWORK -- ALL SIGNATURES BY HERMIIOD

Comment

**Poll Please?**

HERE.

Comment

Done !
            The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
              **Poll Please?**

HERE.
              in the future please, use the report post feature to request polls. then ALL the mods get an e-mail and you're not at the mercy of whomever happens to pop into this thread at any given point intime

thanks
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Hi there!
                just wondering can you green new members straight away? Or does the scale sign now go away if you've greened that person lately and need to spread more green around? Because I've just tried to green a new member and noticed the scale sign wasn't there.

Comment

That is bizzare - as far as I know the scales should be there irrespective of whether you need to green more or if the poster is new...
                  Not much help I'm sorry, but the others may have other insights

Comment

Chances are it's a glitch.

If you want to share the account we can look at it. Can't guarantee that we'll share what we find out, however, since the account status of those other than 'you' isn't really an appropriate topic, but we can look

you can PM me the name if you wish and I can look into it I just can't guarantee that I share my findings with you

sigpic

Comment

I encountered the no scales problem a year or so ago and was told you can't give rep points to people on moderation. Which I thought was odd since we're not supposed to know who is on moderation, yet that is a dead giveaway. And technically, newbies are on moderation.
                      sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

Originally posted by kiwigater View Post
                        That is bizzare - as far as I know the scales should be there irrespective of whether you need to green more or if the poster is new...
                        Not much help I'm sorry, but the others may have other insights
                        ok, thanks anyway
                        Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                        Chances are it's a glitch.

If you want to share the account we can look at it. Can't guarantee that we'll share what we find out, however, since the account status of those other than 'you' isn't really an appropriate topic, but we can look

you can PM me the name if you wish and I can look into it I just can't guarantee that I share my findings with you
                        i thought it might have been a glitch to but then i went back and looked and the scales still aren't there. I'll PM you then

Originally posted by Thunderstorm View Post
                        I encountered the no scales problem a year or so ago and was told you can't give rep points to people on moderation. Which I thought was odd since we're not supposed to know who is on moderation, yet that is a dead giveaway. And technically, newbies are on moderation.
                        oh, but all the other newbies still have their scale sign.

Comment

we're looking into it. thanks

sigpic

Comment

Hi, we've just found out that Wraithlord (aka Lordy) died a few weeks ago Would we be okay setting up some sort of memorial for him? If so, what would be best, a thread or a social group?
                            What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

Originally posted by CazzBlade View Post
                              Hi, we've just found out that Wraithlord (aka Lordy) died a few weeks ago Would we be okay setting up some sort of memorial for him? If so, what would be best, a thread or a social group?
                              I just answered this privately with a member of his threads and gave them the information they could use

All of our thoughts and prayers extend to his family
                              Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar View Post
                                I just answered this privately with a member of his threads and gave them the information they could use

All of our thoughts and prayers extend to his family
                                Yeah, Elfie just let me know, thanks Tame.
                                What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

Working...
                                X