Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has any moderators noticed that my total posts have been 614, and have not changed for a long time? I have a lot more than that. Anything you can do about this?

~Dave

Comment

Originally posted by ~Dave View Post
      Has any moderators noticed that my total posts have been 614, and have not changed for a long time? I have a lot more than that. Anything you can do about this?

~Dave
      It appears that you've been posting quite a bit in the Off Topic folder and those posts don't add to your post count.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

not us, but if you post a lot in the off topic area, your posts do not 'count' towards your post totals

to increase your post count you have to post outside of the off topic area
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Didn't know that. Thanks very much.

~Dave

Comment

Originally posted by silly sally View Post
            I don't know if the mods are most qualified to answer this qs or Darren: how is the number of 'views' of each thread determined: only different IPs count or one user with the same IP visiting the thread at 2 different moments in time is counted twice?
            Also, only members are counting or the guests are taken into consideration as well...
            I don't think vB discriminates IP addresses, or Guests vs. registered members, when tallying the thread views number.

I'm pretty sure it's just the number of times it has served the thread, but I could be wrong. There have been times when I've created a new thread and gone back 10 minutes later to see that no one has even looked at it yet. So I'm not quite convinced.
            GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
            The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
            Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Any chance of getting a list of the rep levels so I can modify the X-treme Guide please?

Comment

User has been dishonourably discharged.
                User has been suspended from active duty.
                User has been reassigned to the basement of Area 51.
                User has to retake the Academy entrance exam.
                User is an up-and-coming trainee.
                User is being considered to join the Stargate program.
                User just got transferred to Stargate Command.
                User is a back-up SG-team member.
                User is a permanent member of an SG-team.
                User is a popular officer at Stargate Command.
                User has their pick of any assignment at the S.G.C.
                User is an SG-team leader!
                User is commander of SG-1!
                User is in charge at Stargate Command!
                User is top brass at Homeworld Security.
                User has a Daedalus-class battle cruiser named after them.
                ... and one more.

Comment

Interesting... but if there are no more neg reps why bother with making up neg rep levels?

Comment

Some users are still down there, so I wanted to keep the new labels uniform to the USAF / S.G.C. theme.

Comment

Is there anywhere where i can find out how many rep points you need to get to a certian ranking as listed above?
                      Carl Sagan on Nuclear self Destruction

Comment

Here I am again.. asking yet another question..

First of all, I am not sure of the exact date so I am just hoping the mod that did this stumbles onto this question and answers it..

I made a thread in the Star Trek section about Klingons and their language, I figured that was a good topic.. I made it and checked back a couple of days later no new posts.. I figured I would wait a couple of weeks and check back to see how the discussion is going..

the thread is gone..

I am pretty sure it wasnt in violation unless there is a "no Klingon" discussion rule I am aware of..

If anyone knows anything about this please let me know..

Thanks
                        sigpic
                        I love the big hairy fuzzy men on TV, mmmm
                        "I'll Be Your Freyr Elrad, Wait For Me!!!
                        Me On YouTube! http://www.youtube.com/airricksreloaded

Comment

well it seems very odd that it would be removed. Can you give me a date? the thread title? I've looked back to October but there's no Klingon threads that have been removed from the main forum or deleted in that time. We don't delete threads usually only those that are spam, and even those that are deleted are kept in a list so it is easy enough to find out.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GateGipsy View Post
                            well it seems very odd that it would be removed. Can you give me a date? the thread title? I've looked back to October but there's no Klingon threads that have been removed from the main forum or deleted in that time. We don't delete threads usually only those that are spam, and even those that are deleted are kept in a list so it is easy enough to find out.
                            Thx for the response.. is it possible there was an error in posting?

Eh, I dont know.. LOL if a Klingon discussion thread isnt again guidelines I will just make a new one..

I didnt see one and thought it would be worth wild to make one..

That is, if Klingon discussion is alright
                            sigpic

Comment

I can see no reason at all why a Klingon thread would be against the rules. Unless you're starting a thread about how rubbish Klingon is or something.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GateGipsy View Post
                                I can see no reason at all why a Klingon thread would be against the rules. Unless you're starting a thread about how rubbish Klingon is or something.
                                Nope, my thread was/will be about the language the culture.. things like that..

More of a discussion about the race than anything else..
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X