X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    it's a glitch

what you have to do is delete the last message you've received, then the notification should go away

dunno why it happens, but that seems to fix it
    Oh right, thanks Jel just said as much just now

WAIT....Don't tell me he really is all knowing Sweet lord, he'll be insufferable now
    sigpic

Comment

I have a question. if your email addrese changes will you not be able to accese your account here because i am switching internet services which mean s a new email addres and im just worried my account will be deleted or i wont be able to get on
      Carl Sagan on Nuclear self Destruction

Comment

I don't believe that it should still be an issue. Also, if you want to change the e-mail address that is linked to your GW account you can do that in your control panel.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy View Post
          I don't believe that it should still be an issue. Also, if you want to change the e-mail address that is linked to your GW account you can do that in your control panel.
          I knew i could change it but now my worries are gone. thank you for the help. but if it dose beco me an issue is there anything i can do?

Comment

Like I said, it shouldn't be an issue because you've already activated your account, which is mostly what you're e-mail address is used for. If that account is no longer active you won't be able to receive notifications from the site of new PM's or anything else but you should have no problem logging in and off the site. If there is an issue for some wierd reason then I would suggest changing your e-mail address in your controls.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

what you need to do, once you get the new addy, is get into your control panel and change it here. that way if you ever get logged out or forget your password you can get send a password reminder to get back in.
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Also remember that, after you have changed your e-mail address in your control panel, you must verify the new address through the automated e-mail (like you did when you first registered) before you can post again.
                GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

This may be unhelpful and difficult to manage, but would it help at all to have a separate thread for suggested revisions to the Vision Statement/Code of Conduct? I know there have been plenty in the VS threads already, but they can get a bit lost in all the panic, flailing, questions, accusations, cheers and paranoia. Just a thought...

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                    This may be unhelpful and difficult to manage, but would it help at all to have a separate thread for suggested revisions to the Vision Statement/Code of Conduct? I know there have been plenty in the VS threads already, but they can get a bit lost in all the panic, flailing, questions, accusations, cheers and paranoia. Just a thought...
                    Not necessarily at this point. Darren is already working on his next version and has been keeping up with the thread, just not responding since many of the questions still being raised have already been asked and answered a few times over

I believe at this point he is still reading all suggestions and moving on.
                    Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Can we add our own fonts to the 'reply to thread' section?

Comment

can you, so to speak, override the forum fonts and insert your own?

I don't think so. I think the forum is set to accomodate only so many fonts. adding more may be something on greg's end with the programming

sigpic

Comment

Question. Is useing the word 'Bloody' in the place for the you know what explitive considered offinsive language?

Comment

I'm afraid that word is one of many that loses its meaning across cultures. It's not offensive anywhere else but the UK countries. There are some cases when we simply ask people to censor themselves because we can't add every single word to the filter.

For example, last year i suggested that pussy be added....however since it's most commonly a name of a pet feline we didn't.

When it comes to modding words that have different cultural meanings, we'll just have to judge each post as we see it

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                              I'm afraid that word is one of many that loses its meaning across cultures. It's not offensive anywhere else but the UK countries. There are some cases when we simply ask people to censor themselves because we can't add every single word to the filter.

For example, last year i suggested that pussy be added....however since it's most commonly a name of a pet feline we didn't.

When it comes to modding words that have different cultural meanings, we'll just have to judge each post as we see it
                              So if its in the context (and this is and example and ill change it if needed) Like what i said last night about a game "Nothing but a bunch of bloody team killers" then it is subject to modding?

Comment

To be honest since Ron Weasley uses it so much in the Harry Potter films I think it's pretty much accepted these days.

Although I am trying to break my 10 year old of the habit of using it - sometimes it is a flippin' great word to use.

Personally I wouldn't mod the above example - but I think it could be left out or another word used without taking away any of the strength of meaning.
                                In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X