This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TameFarrar View Post
    Normally once the housekeeping is complete the thread is placed back out for the General Discussion once again.
    Out of curiosity - any cases that didn't happen? Cause last time I remember there was a heated conversation going on in that thread.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      Out of curiosity - any cases that didn't happen? Cause last time I remember there was a heated conversation going on in that thread.
      I am not exactly sure what you are asking here, so I am going to answer what I think you are asking.

1) If there was a heated discussion going on in a particular thread it will be moved in order for the Moderator to review it and stop any further posts from being added during the review. If the thread in question has had a long standing *General Discussion* with no issues and only parts of it need to be reviewed and possibly removed. That is what will happen and the thread will be returned to its original location.

2) if a thread does not have a long standing discussion and has from its inception been hostile, virulent and/or borderline rude and there is almost no way to salvage the thread and keep any of the posts intact, the thread will most likely never return.
      Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Oh sorry... I was talking about the same thread as FAII, but you answered the question so that's okay. Thanks.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I saw the latest SGA thingiemabobs...Do I have to be quiet as a mouse? Even with spoiler tags?

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
            I saw the latest SGA thingiemabobs...Do I have to be quiet as a mouse? Even with spoiler tags?
            Until we have some definitive information.... Yes no talking for you
            Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Done. Forgot everything about it.

Comment

Until we decide what to do with it, i am declaring any and all spoilers from Vegas or Enemy at the Gate to be a NON TOPIC

I see no reason for those of us that didn't download the illegal copies to be punished by having to dodge spoilers for the next 3 weeks.

so yeah, keep your peace please people. if/when we decide to allow discussion (since this is clearly from an illegal source) we'll start a dedicated thread. But we're still discussing and trying to find out if this is a press screener that's been leaked or if it's Ark of Truth all over again and someone involved 'stole' a copy to put up.

that determination will effect how we allow discussion
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

If I may give my 2 cents. Allowing any discussions of a leaked episode except for speculations and approved spoilers and pics is promoting illegal downloading, imo. I understand some countries takes a year to get these shows, so it's a grey area, but don't brag about it in the open if you do. People should wait till the show has officially aired on it's home country network channel, which is the U.S, and SCI FI. I hope Darren will make a decision to limit the discussions. The show is less than 2 weeks away, and I think people can hold their excitement or dissapointment till then, if they did download it. It is the most respectable thing to do, and I know that is what GW is striving for, to have a place where members are more respectable to eachother.

What do you think?
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                    If I may give my 2 cents. Allowing any discussions of a leaked episode except for speculations and approved spoilers and pics is promoting illegal downloading, imo. I understand some countries takes a year to get these shows, so it's a grey area, but don't brag about it in the open if you do. People should wait till the show has officially aired on it's home country network channel, which is the U.S, and SCI FI. I hope Darren will make a decision to limit the discussions. The show is less than 2 weeks away, and I think people can hold their excitement or dissapointment till then, if they did download it. It is the most respectable thing to do, and I know that is what GW is striving for, to have a place where members are more respectable to eachother.

What do you think?
                    I think Brian that you have selected an inappropriate thread for your discussion topic.

We have already clearly stated that for the time being there is to be NO discussion, NO spoilers and Darren will let us know if and when we should create a thread.

This topic is not up for discussion.

Comment

For any and all asking yes we are allowing discussion regarding the unsanctioned released final two SGA episodes.

Please confine the discussion to ONLY this thread UnSanctioned Release of SGA Final two Episodes

Comment

Why has everybody's name and rank suddenly got "Probie" written under it? Have I missed something?

Correction - mine just changed to "Chief Master Sergeant"
                        sigpic

Comment

I have no idea!

Comment

Changed the user title scale to something new.
                            GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                            The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                            Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

oooooo, OK!

Comment

Is there something wrong with the forum search function?
                                Every time I use it it gives me the entire forum

Comment

Working...
                                X