This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forum is still slow for me
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
      darren knows about it so i'm sure it is.

what could complicate things a bit is if the fix is beyond darren's skill/ability and greg is on holiday at the moment.

we may just have to deal with being rep-less for the time being
      Thanks Skydiver...guess we'll just have to watch and wait.

Comment

Question For The Mods:

Why do many of the threads I start (particularly the most current one) get moved to 'Off-Topic' when threads dealing with similar topics get to stay in their respective forums? I am not necessarily complaining... just curious as to why.

Comment

Question for anyone who's willing to bat for it:

Ok, I just reached 801 posts, but I still don't have any new avatars (in my list) is the limit of 801 up to 1,000 posts? Hm...?

Stargate Gateworld RPG. All are welcome!|Jim Andersons Bio.

Comment

Originally posted by KayMan2k
            Question For The Mods:

Why do many of the threads I start (particularly the most current one) get moved to 'Off-Topic' when threads dealing with similar topics get to stay in their respective forums? I am not necessarily complaining... just curious as to why.
            without knowing the specific threads, i can only give a general reply and that is that someone (a mod) categorizes your thread as not stargate enough to remain in the general discussion.

general discussion should 'only' have threads dealing with aspects of the show, sometimes folks don't realize that, other times the threads waunder off and become off-topic

if you can point out specific threads we cna look into it and give you a more specific answer
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Aye, the board was moving a bit slow yesterday for me too, and I have DSL..

Edit:
              Hey, though I didn't originally create the board could you make this board, in the RP section, a poll?

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=20274

And could the two options be:
              1. Jynjyr's PoO
              2. Colonel Sharp's PoO

Thanks!
              Last edited by Colonel Sharp; 24 November 2005, 04:06 PM.
              sigpic
              Sig from Kat Logan VIA SilverRider

SIX YEARS OF ROLEPLAYING ON GATEWORLD!

Join the Aftermath RP

Comment

Originally posted by Colonel Sharp
                Aye, the board was moving a bit slow yesterday for me too, and I have DSL..

Edit:
                Hey, though I didn't originally create the board could you make this board, in the RP section, a poll?

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=20274

And could the two options be:
                1. Jynjyr's PoO
                2. Colonel Sharp's PoO

Thanks!
                consider yourself polled

sigpic

Comment

Is the no of post points needed for a custom avs now 2000? Also the forum can be slow for me and when I use QR everything just freezes for ages and alot of the time I never see the post come up unless I leave the thread and then visit it again.
                  sigpic

Comment

yes, the number of posts needed for custom av's has changed

as to the rest, i'm afraid that i don't know what to tell you. the forum was horribly slow earlier this week but seems to be doing ok now.

i don't have any suggestions for the slowness issues, i'm sorry

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Weir
                      I use QR everything just freezes for ages and alot of the time I never see the post come up unless I leave the thread and then visit it again.
                      That was happening to me when there was some vbulletin upgrade a few weeks/months back.

Im also having speed problems with the forum, it takes ages for a page to load up completely and sometimes it wot load up a 100%

The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

I was wondering perhaps about a sub-board somewhere for movie talk - stargate movies
                        sigpic
                        Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                          consider yourself polled
                          Thanks!
                          sigpic
                          Sig from Kat Logan VIA SilverRider

SIX YEARS OF ROLEPLAYING ON GATEWORLD!

Join the Aftermath RP

Comment

Is it easier for you mods if people post "please close this thread" or "please merge these threads" or "make this a poll" here in the Ask a mod thread, or is it better if people just report the threads in question (even if technically they aren't a bad/vulgar/spammy)? *cough*hint*cough*

Speaking of which, is the report post feature fixed yet? Kinda makes my other Q moot if the feature isn't working.

Comment

when people report a thread it's always handy to say why, and what you want done.

I think it's not fixed yet, btw.
                              In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

to the best of my knowlede the report posts feature hasn't been fixed yet.

as to having threads fixed/merged/closed....it's six one way, half a dozen the other.

reporting the post does work and, when the post system is ok, we all get an e-mail notifying us of the post. however, we all may not be on all the time. if you put the request in this thread, we'll check it and do what needs to be done.

but i'll second what MC said, we need to know what you want done. does the post have bad language, is it rude? do you just need it closed?

the more info you can give us the easier it'll make our jobs

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X