Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, can I share a screensaver that was on a dvd? It was an extra that came with the dvd. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by SciFiFan View Post
      Hi, can I share a screensaver that was on a dvd? It was an extra that came with the dvd. Thanks
      you are welcome to host whatever you like on your own webspace and share a link with anyone you would like to privately. If this is proprietary to MGM then you need to ensure that all copyrights embedded are intact and credit is given to them. We would prefer that you do not post it here on GW though and instead urge folks to buy their own set of DVDs
      Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
        and for me, if i post using the quick reply, with a capitol S, it defaults down to little S...so it may not be an issue with the smilie but maybe the quick reply
        I've been having the same problem with the smiley. Even through the regular reply, the capital D often defaults to a lower case d. I even tried clicking on that smiley in the smilies menu, it still defaulted to a lower case d. Been a problem for several days.
        sigpic

Comment

if you are only using a smiley that is a colon and a capitol letter the Forum will default it to a lower case letter. In order for the smiley to actually materialize you do have to type something.

The reason other smilies work as stand alone posts is because the HTML used for them is lower case letter as in the case of eek or mckay or mad..... the word is stored as a lower case.
          Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Capital letters also default in abbreviations as in this post.
            sigpic

Comment

any post that is written in all caps will default to all lower case

Comment

Thanks. Glad to know I'm not being singled out for humiliation.
                sigpic

Comment

I've accidentally clicked on unsubscribe for one of my threads... how do I resubscribe? I'm not seeing any links or "subscribe" button anywhere on the page.
                  Sorry, still a real green newbie!
                  sigpic
                  Thanks to Draco-Stellaris for the gorgeous Todd avatar

Comment

probably a place to get a speedier answer is the 'members helping members' thread. I've never subscribed to a thread so i'm afraid that i have no idea
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

There's a button "thread tools" at the top of each thread, near where the gold stars are for rating the thread.

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W View Post
                        There's a button "thread tools" at the top of each thread, near where the gold stars are for rating the thread.
                        Found it! Thank you for that.
                        sigpic
                        Thanks to Draco-Stellaris for the gorgeous Todd avatar

Comment

Just a clarification since Tame said on the "Vision statement" thread that taking quotes from one thread to another isn't allowed... really? Because I'm sure I've done that before, usually when I found a particular something in a thread I wanted to discuss separately and thus started a new thread quoting the relevant bits with linkbacks to the appropriate places and usually a link in the original thread to say that I'd started a separate discussion. Or at least I know I've done it once. And that's against the rules?

(BTW, Darren, "vision statement?!" Really? You couldn't come up with a less cheesetastic corporate doublespeak name for it? )

EDIT: Oops, am I now guilty of that " unconstructive negativity" you're trying to eliminate??

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                            Just a clarification since Tame said on the "Vision statement" thread that taking quotes from one thread to another isn't allowed... really? Because I'm sure I've done that before, usually when I found a particular something in a thread I wanted to discuss separately and thus started a new thread quoting the relevant bits with linkbacks to the appropriate places and usually a link in the original thread to say that I'd started a separate discussion. Or at least I know I've done it once. And that's against the rules?
                            If it is your own post you are welcome to repost it

However it is a violation to repost another member's post somewhere else without their permission

Links are not in question and are not a violation.

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar View Post
                              If it is your own post you are welcome to repost it

However it is a violation to repost another member's post somewhere else without their permission

Links are not in question and are not a violation.
                              In this case I think it was a conversation between myself and another poster or two which was dragging the original thread seriously off topic so I quoted all the relevant bits in the new thread AND linked back to the old thread AND linked to the new thread on the old one. But that was a couple of years ago so I've no idea where the thread is now.

For what it's worth, though, I'm pretty sure the people I quoted moved over to the new thread and continued the discussion with me without any "OMG! POST THIEF!" comments.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                                In this case I think it was a conversation between myself and another poster or two which was dragging the original thread seriously off topic so I quoted all the relevant bits in the new thread AND linked back to the old thread AND linked to the new thread on the old one. But that was a couple of years ago so I've no idea where the thread is now.

For what it's worth, though, I'm pretty sure the people I quoted moved over to the new thread and continued the discussion with me without any "OMG! POST THIEF!" comments.
                                ok but we will add it to your file....just in case

Comment

Working...
                                X