This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by queen_hathor View Post
    Hi, just wondering if there's a list anywhere of all the GW members?
    We used to however the list became so cumbersome that it had to be shut off
    Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post
    Anyone doing that would be eligible for punishment as they'd show that they had not even bothered to read the original post before posting (thus, they didn't even bother to check what the thread is about). The OP is perfectly "non-immature".
    You are 100% correct.
    Originally posted by FallenAngelII
    If the thread ends up not using the word, penis, could the title be changed to:
    "Can John Sheppard stop thinking with his libido already?"
    This can most definitely be offered as an alternative

Originally posted by FallenAngelII
    No, I meant that usually when a post is edited by a mod, it says "Last edited by *insert mod name here*". I guess that's only for when the post itself is edited, not the thread title?
    That is true..it is only if a post is edited. Thread titles are behind the scenes and those edits do not show to the general public.
    Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar View Post
      We used to however the list became so cumbersome that it had to be shut off
      Oh, ok thanks

sigpic

Comment

I changed it. And then I had to deal with real life so things went on without me

my rationale was: I understand the term of 'thinking with his penis', and no, in and of itself, penis is not a bad word. However, as a title that is visible to any an everyone that might pop into the site, it was a bit too crude to be a title.

Is it wrong to use the term? No.

but, as a title of a thread, it was just a bit too crude and base so I changed it and then another mod changed it to the title you suggested.

Let's try to remember, with titles, not only can they not spoil, but they should be anything that anyone can read.
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I was wondering if I would be able to use this as my sig
          Spoiler:
          or if i'd have to make in non glittery to use it?
          sigpic

Comment

personally? i think the glittering makes it just as annoying as those flashy 'you're our 999,999th visitor, you've won' ads

Stuff like that drives processors crazy and stresses computers, especially those that may not have the biggest and fastest and newest puters with a ton of ram

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
              personally? i think the glittering makes it just as annoying as those flashy 'you're our 999,999th visitor, you've won' ads

Stuff like that drives processors crazy and stresses computers, especially those that may not have the biggest and fastest and newest puters with a ton of ram
              Ok, i'l make one that it's all glittery but without the flashing
              sigpic

Comment

What are the guidelines concerning artwork? I posted an original drawing (done by ScorpSik, not by me) in the Dan/Cam ship thread. I do have permission of the owner to post it if that matters.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Shelly View Post
                  What are the guidelines concerning artwork? I posted an original drawing (done by ScorpSik, not by me) in the Dan/Cam ship thread. I do have permission of the owner to post it if that matters.
                  it is the same as pictures when it comes to the size. And you have done correctly since it is someone else's work you should have their permission to display it elsewhere.

I know most folks believe that once something is posted on the Internet its fair game but most things are copyrighted and we do expect our members to respect those copyrights.
                  Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

it is the same as pictures when it comes to the size. And you have done correctly since it is someone else's work you should have their permission to display it elsewhere.

I know most folks believe that once something is posted on the Internet its fair game but most things are copyrighted and we do expect our members to respect those copyrights.
                    Thanks for the clarification!
                    sigpic

Comment

What about those we take from our own DVDs and post on the sight? Are they copyrighted?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by greytop View Post
                        What about those we take from our own DVDs and post on the sight? Are they copyrighted?

Thanks in advance.
                        screencaps are just that sceencaps and you did the work
                        you are saving them on your own storage site so if any copyright issue comes up that is between you and the DVD copyrighter

Comment

if i uploaded pics from the gw screencap gallery to a third party upload site. would i be within my right to post them on another site without breaking the copyrights of gw?
                          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                            if i uploaded pics from the gw screencap gallery to a third party upload site. would i be within my right to post them on another site without breaking the copyrights of gw?
                            you would need to credit GW if we are being technical

But once pictures end up on a third party storage site they really are out of hands and I know many people take pictures from sites all over and strip off the watermarks. So it all depends on you I suspect

Comment

To whom do we report to that forum clock is off about 5 mins fast?

Comment

mister greg i believe.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X