This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

report that stuff to [email protected]

the mods here have no power over there, darren is the only one that can mod to the best of my knowledge, so we can't do anything, he has to do it

and it's possible that he doesn't even know the issue is occuring
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Thanks Sky, I sent Darren an E-mail, hopefully something will be done about it.

ETA: Yea, some has been taken out.
      Last edited by Mandysg1; 18 October 2008, 08:13 PM.
      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

good

anything with the site itself, you need to take that to darren. And don't PM him here, please e-mail him at the webmaster address.

sigpic

Comment

Ouch that stinks about the comments. Maybe there should be a login tied to your forum account, by the same email you use to confirm a forum account, so people can held responsible for their comments there as well? I loved the comments feature when it came out but the way people use it I can see it getting taken away.

Comment

Hello. I'm new in the forum and I like to make a few questions.
            I'm from Greece and can I translate the transcripts which are posted to my native language?
            Is that an illegal action? Are there any copyrights laws which prohibit this?
            Can somebody else use the translated transcript to make subtitles?
            Thanks in advance for the answer.

Comment

I'd like to use this picture from Outsiders for a sig - is it spoilery, or is the text too...ya know...weird? (Text can be changed...I was thinking of having him tell the other that his fly is open. )

Spoiler:

das
              sigpic

Comment

lol

i don't see any spoilers there

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                  lol

i don't see any spoilers there
                  Okay, thanks! Now, I will go disillusion everyone about the Wraith...

das
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gfmetro View Post
                    Hello. I'm new in the forum and I like to make a few questions.
                    I'm from Greece and can I translate the transcripts which are posted to my native language?
                    Is that an illegal action? Are there any copyrights laws which prohibit this?
                    Can somebody else use the translated transcript to make subtitles?
                    Thanks in advance for the answer.
                    I am not sure if we have any proprietary interests if GW has the done the transcripts. Since we don't own the original product. However your best place to ask this question would be [email protected]

Main site content is Darren's domain.
                    Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by Franklyn Blaze View Post
                      Ouch that stinks about the comments. Maybe there should be a login tied to your forum account, by the same email you use to confirm a forum account, so people can held responsible for their comments there as well? I loved the comments feature when it came out but the way people use it I can see it getting taken away.
                      This would be an ideal solution, if there was any way to do it. I don't think vBulletin offers that sort of HTML plug-and-play module, but it's worth a look.

Our main problem is that we are limited by the tools available. We're just not willing to convert the entire site over to a CMS like WordPress or Joomla just so we can get a better commenting system.
                      GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                      The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                      Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

At the end of the day, if folks want to be gits and be rude on the comments, there's not a whole lost that can be done preventatively.

What can be done is, if you see someone really breaking the rules...and i mean nasty and icky not just a difference of opinion, report the comments to darren.

Don't reply to them, don't engage the troll. Just ignore them, report them, and move on. It gives darren less to clean up.

and, a lot of times, what the troll wants is to 'fight'. they want to rile people up and get angry responses. By ignoring them, you kinda take the punch out of their little game.

sigpic

Comment

How come Tom gets an animated avatar and mine shows up without the animation?It says I can't have one.
                          no means no, and so does pepper spray
                          Sig by The Carpenter
                          sigpic

Comment

you're both officers class so you should have the same permissions

however, was your gif

60x65 and less than 8K (ormaybe 65x60, i always get them confused, that's why i always make my avs 60x60)

if it was too big then the forum won't allow you to upload it

sigpic

Comment

Problem! I uploaded a new sig and now I can't delete it! I just changed my sig but I did it the wrong way(I inserted signature picture) and now I can't make it go away so that I can put the sig in the way I usually do it.(copy and paste the url) I checked the box that says "Delete current picture?" but it's not letting me delete it.

My sig is supposed to be above the spoiler, not below it! GAH!

Please help me!
                              Last edited by RodneyIsGodney; 21 October 2008, 08:11 AM.
                              sigpic
                              Sig by ME.

Comment

The best answer I can give you here is clear your cache. It may be that your system is still pulling up old information and the change won't happen until that has been updated.
                                Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Working...
                                X