This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the mythbusters is just as big. It's 80K, and your cantina one is 70K
    try using paint and see if it'll 'save as' a gif. those are sometimes smaller
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I hide the signature from others but if I just want to see one person's sig how do you find it on the personal page instead of unhiding all the other sigs.

Thank you very much in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by greytop View Post
        I hide the signature from others but if I just want to see one person's sig how do you find it on the personal page instead of unhiding all the other sigs.

Thank you very much in advance.
        You could try looking at the person's profile and clicking on the "about me" tab. The person's signature will show there as well

However I am not sure if the *hide signatures* affects that as well.
        Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by Pegasus_SGA View Post
          Nope, it's still happening. I've cleared out cookies, temp folders, history, logged out then back in, and i'm still getting the email notifications even though I changed my options to no mail. ;(
          What you need to do is un-sub from each thread, and then re-sub.

This is because the e-mail settings of your sub thread are defined by what you chose at the time you subscribed, so changing the settings will only affect the threads you subscribe to in future.

Sorry, it might be a timeconsuming thing, but it's the only way.

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
            try using paint and see if it'll 'save as' a gif. those are sometimes smaller
            May I add that it's better to save it as a .png than a .gif cause the latter will screw your quality over big time, while the first will reduce filesize without much quality loss.
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W View Post
              What you need to do is un-sub from each thread, and then re-sub.

This is because the e-mail settings of your sub thread are defined by what you chose at the time you subscribed, so changing the settings will only affect the threads you subscribe to in future.

Sorry, it might be a timeconsuming thing, but it's the only way.
              OMG Mads, you do realise that i'll be out of commision for ages? Maybe that's your nefarious plan. *tries to wade through 168 subscribed threads* I'll give it a go, fingers crossed that'll work... if not, I shall be back. *insert manical evil laugh*
              Last edited by Pegasus_SGA; 30 September 2008, 07:32 AM.

Comment

Oh great mods, I request your expertise on all things technical since my skill are novice at best. Would you happen to know why GW would be slow for me but other sites are running at normal speed
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                  Oh great mods, I request your expertise on all things technical since my skill are novice at best. Would you happen to know why GW would be slow for me but other sites are running at normal speed
                  Actually it seems to be only some users experiencing this problem. I myself am having no speed problems and I know others are not as well

However, Greg has been made aware that other members are having some real problems with GW being slow.

At this time we are unsure as to the reason
                  Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

How many points to you need to get before you get another green box? 100 for every box? Thanks for your help!

Sig by me

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar View Post
                      Actually it seems to be only some users experiencing this problem. I myself am having no speed problems and I know others are not as well(
                      Add me to the list of those where GW is crawling. Only this time is not the same as past problems. When I click to go to another page, the ad at the top disappears (that part of screen is blue) but the rest of the page stays and then I wait, and wait and wait then finally the new page loads all at once. I also noticed that when I clicked on the number of posts (to see who the posters for that thread and their posts counts), It was the same slow load.
                      sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

I was going to save this question until I'd reached 2500 posts figuring the limit had changed for a custom avatar, but seeing that the limit is indeed 2000. I'm unable to upload a custom avatar. When I go to "Edit avatar" there's no download dialogue box. I tried changing to a different category, thinking when it refreshed one would show up. Has the limit changed or am I just broken?

Sorry, for having to ask, and thank you in advance.

*Dodges stones for asking custom avatar question.*
                        Last edited by smurfettedoesnotshare; 30 September 2008, 04:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                          magnets

(actually, tame gave the best answer, it seems to be a random thing

Originally posted by Jack_O'Neill_fan View Post
                          How many points to you need to get before you get another green box? 100 for every box? Thanks for your help!
                          last i knew
                          100 per each normal green box
                          200 per each nuclear green box

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jack_O'Neill_fan View Post
                            Also I saw that you asked this I think over in off topic and your post got merged into the existing thread about reputation over there
                            Originally posted by smurfettedoesnotshare View Post
                            I was going to save this question until I'd reached 2500 posts figuring the limit had changed for a custom avatar, but seeing that the limit is indeed 2000. I'm unable to upload a custom avatar. When I go to "Edit avatar" there's no download dialogue box. I tried changing to a different category, thinking when it refreshed one would show up. Has the limit changed or am I just broken?

Sorry, for having to ask, and thank you in advance.

*Dodges stones for asking custom avatar question.*
                            The best thing I can say is keep trying. Darren has not given out the *exact* number of posts required for a Custom Avatar so you just have to check back for it

However, I will give you the tried and true *other* answer as well . You may need to reset you cache. So log out, clear out your cookies and cache reboot, then log back in. You may find with the full reset you have the ability to create one. It never hurts to try

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar View Post
                              The best thing I can say is keep trying. Darren has not given out the *exact* number of posts required for a Custom Avatar so you just have to check back for it

However, I will give you the tried and true *other* answer as well . You may need to reset you cache. So log out, clear out your cookies and cache reboot, then log back in. You may find with the full reset you have the ability to create one. It never hurts to try
                              Thank you. I tried the *other* method, and I'm still unable. So, I'll just wait patiently until it becomes available.

Comment

i know why

custom avs aren't just based on post count. they're also based on length of membership. There is a minimum amount of time since a join date until one is eligible for a custom av.

so you'll just have to be patient and wait for that deadline to pass.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X