This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Caldwell's 2IC View Post
    I'd like to ask why some threads are deleted while others are simply closed.
    sometimes it depends on the thread.

if one has descended into a bickerfest, making the 'angry words' go away is often teh best way to chill things out.

But if someone just starts an extra, unneeded thread, we can close it.

sometimes, like with episode threads, if darren makes his official one late, then we can't merge a fan made one into it, or hte fan one will have the first post instead of darren's, so it's a time and neatness issue
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Hi!
      I'm kinda "forum stupid" so maybe I missed it...but I chose a pre-set avatar pic when I set up my account and I would like to change it to a custom pic. I can't seem to find any sort of custom link/directions/ability. Do I need to wait for my newbie probation time to end before I can do this? Thank you for any assistance anyone can give!
      "You look absolutely...delicious!" (Last words heard by several various Atlanteans.)

Comment

Originally posted by The Primary View Post
        Hi!
        I'm kinda "forum stupid" so maybe I missed it...but I chose a pre-set avatar pic when I set up my account and I would like to change it to a custom pic. I can't seem to find any sort of custom link/directions/ability. Do I need to wait for my newbie probation time to end before I can do this? Thank you for any assistance anyone can give!
        Having a custom avatar is a perk to more long time poster so you will need to wait a bit longer then that I am afraid

It normally becomes an option around post 2000 or so
        Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

i,d like to post some paintigs ive done of the sg1 cast, where wud it be appropriate to post it, and how do i do it. can i post from my computer, or do i have to do it from photobucket

Comment

You can post from either - from your own computer would be as an attachment to the post, or you can link to photobucket.
            I think the most appropriate place would be in the fandom section of the forum. There may be an existing thread there, if not you can start your own

Comment

Originally posted by kiwigater View Post
              You can post from either - from your own computer would be as an attachment to the post, or you can link to photobucket.
              I think the most appropriate place would be in the fandom section of the forum. There may be an existing thread there, if not you can start your own
              gulp, thanks,.. start my own thread. am not pc literate, but i,ll have a try......thanks for replyin so quick

Comment

I've been getting this error message intermittently when I try to give rep points or when I post.
                When I get it, I'm frozen out.

Your submission could not be processed because a security token was invalid.<br />
                <br />
                If this occurred unexpectedly, please <a href="">inform the administrator</a> and describe the action you performed before you received this error.
                sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
                May we all be so well loved.

Comment

Be honest - you guys really decided to not allow the quoting of pics/gifs in order make more bandwidth for the retarded amount of useless/ugly/stupid/ smileys & emoticons, right?

Comment

no, just because it was tuesday and we had nothing better to do
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

In my user control panel it keeps saying I have 1 new notification, a new profile visitor message; but there isn't. Is there any way to get rid of that?

Comment

Originally posted by scifithinker View Post
                        I've been getting this error message intermittently when I try to give rep points or when I post.
                        When I get it, I'm frozen out.
                        Mmmm the best option I could say here is clear your cache and log out then log in again and hope this clears the issue. If not it sounds like an intermittent error that only some but not all are getting so it is not a forum issue but rather an Internet issue. If that makes sense.
                        Originally posted by smurfettedoesnotshare View Post
                        In my user control panel it keeps saying I have 1 new notification, a new profile visitor message; but there isn't. Is there any way to get rid of that?
                        The only way we have found to get rid of this so far is for you to delete the last message you received.
                        Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar View Post
                          The only way we have found to get rid of this so far is for you to delete the last message you received.
                          I'll try that. It cleared right after deletion! Thank you very much for the help!
                          Last edited by smurfettedoesnotshare; 27 September 2008, 10:48 PM. Reason: correcting my inability to type

Comment

The thread that I needed to post this is closed, so I'll post it here. There is slow-loading from the GW Homepage to the forum, and navigating thru the forum is slow-loading.

Comment

Why was this thread on the the SG movies closed (it had been up for days and then suddenly, poof)?

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=59570

yet another thread started on the same yesterday wasn't?

If you want one thread, could you blend them together please.
                              Last edited by prion; 29 September 2008, 09:01 AM.

Comment

Hey mods, i'm trying to unsubscribe from the threads, i've done the Edit options thing and got rid of the 'receive email notification' to no emails, and i'm still getting them on subscribed threads. Any clues how I can unsub it? The email notifications that is, not the actual threads i'm subscribed to.

Thanks
                                Last edited by Pegasus_SGA; 29 September 2008, 10:19 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X