Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey, a question - I just saw someone with 0 posts even though they did post in the general Stargate thread. How can that be? *is confused*
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      Hey, a question - I just saw someone with 0 posts even though they did post in the general Stargate thread. How can that be? *is confused*
      I am not sure possibly just a vbulletin glitch
      Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Not entirely sure, but I don't think that Post Count is real-time. vBulletin runs counter updates every night-ish.
        GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
        The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
        Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Oh... It'll probably sort itself out then.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

i got a violation for my sig i was using even though i didn't get a warning or asked to take it down

so i made a new one and PM'd the mod back but they never responded to me, is this new one OK to use??

http://www.members.shaw.ca/quade_1/FORUMSIG2.jpg

Comment

I thought i had e-mailed you back, but i guess i must have forgotten. Sorry about that.

The reason it initially took a bit to get an answer is because i was asking the other mods thier opinion.

Ouor concensus is, while it's certainly not in the best of taste and we will hold no responsibility at all if people take offense, there doesn't seem to be anything rule breaking in the sig, so use it at your own discretion and risk.

A side note about the infraction, please don't take it too much to heart. It's not something leading up to punitive measures. At its fullest level, the infraction system is meant to set things up for a 'rack up the points and get automatically modded'....however we don't use it that way. It's just a communication device that documents who talks to whom about what.
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Hi,
                I was just wondering what happened to the Did you bother Watching thread in the Tracker folder? If it got nasty or something I can understand it being removed, but I was curious if I had done something wrong by creating it?
                Thanks

Comment

It was an okay thread when you started it, but later it strayed from the subject and into bickerfest territory.

I'm not sure if it's salvageable, but if it is, it'll come back out, suitably pruned.

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W View Post
                    It was an okay thread when you started it, but later it strayed from the subject and into bickerfest territory.

I'm not sure if it's salvageable, but if it is, it'll come back out, suitably pruned.
                    Thank you for your answer. I didn't mean it to be confrontational. Sorry.

Comment

No need to apologise, my answer was brief because we try and avoid going into detail about specific mod decisions in public, not because I thought you'd been confrontational

Madeleine

Comment

I'd like to ask why some threads are deleted while others are simply closed.

Comment

Originally posted by Caldwell's 2IC View Post
                          I'd like to ask why some threads are deleted while others are simply closed.
                          No thread except for Spam is deleted. Some are moved out of the general public viewing ..others are merged. This could be why you are not seeing a thread you have seen previously.

The easiest way to find a thread that either you or another person you know has definitely posted in but you can not find is to look under My Controls > Find All Posts By <yourself or other member>. Then click on that post or the highlighted thread at the top of that post in order to locate where everything has been moved to.

If the thread has been moved out of the General Public viewing, it is probably being reviewed for a reason and may or may not be returned.

Side note - if the thread you are looking for has been removed from general viewing it will not show up under *Find all Posts By*
                          Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

^ Thank you !

Comment

Hello, mods! Not trying to be a PITA, really, but - how do I change my user name? Long story... thanks a bunch! :-D
                              sigpic

Comment

PM Skydiver, she has the power

Madeleine

Comment

Working...
                                X