This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RodneyIsGodney View Post
    As I said, I was asking for a friend, a fellow GW member. When I go to certain members profile page's, to leave a public message, I have noticed that there is no Customise Profile option, I then look at there post count and rep and see that Oh, yeah they're too new to the forum, not enough postcounts or rep, which ever one counts towards this.

Heh, I didn't even know about the profile page until I got my first public message and at that point I was able to customize my profile page. Hadn't taken notice of my postcount or rep then.
    Ahhhh ok...let me go and do some research and I will come back and answer this one in a bit
    Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Ok here is what I believe you are seeing. Again anyone with a low post count please PM me and correct me if I am wrong

What it looks like is IF the member has customized their profile in some way it gives you the *choice* to view those or not. SO when you go to another member's profile and they have made it custom you will see the option to *Show User Customizations*, you can then click on that and you will see the custom profile. That option then changes to *Hide User Customizations*.

If the member has not done any custom changes that option does not pop up.

Does that make sense??

However I believe each member has the option on the right upper corner above *Contact info* to *Customize Profile*
      Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

You can hide customizations? Wow, that's a handy feature! Not that I visit many profile pages, but some of them make my eyes bleed...

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
          You can hide customizations? Wow, that's a handy feature! Not that I visit many profile pages, but some of them make my eyes bleed...
          Yeah I went to a wide variety of member profiles and all of the ones that had customized their profile had that option

and this is where I found that folks who were long time members but had made no changes did not have anything listed. So deductive reasoning occurred after that

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar View Post
            and this is where I found that folks who were long time members but had made no changes did not have anything listed. So deductive reasoning occurred after that
            You used deductive reasoning?? Are you sure you're on the right forum??

I should think of a real question. Hm. This one's for Darren, since he's in charge of folders: which of the new shows will be getting folders and when will they get them? I know sometimes they pop up before a show has even premiered, but I think the norm is probably to wait and see which ones take off. Any likely candidates, other than Sanctuary?

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
              This one's for Darren, since he's in charge of folders: which of the new shows will be getting folders and when will they get them? I know sometimes they pop up before a show has even premiered, but I think the norm is probably to wait and see which ones take off. Any likely candidates, other than Sanctuary?
              I think after last year's b####fest, YOU guys should tell ME what shows you want folders for.

Candidates (new and newish series):

Fringe
              Knight Rider
              Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles
              Pushing Daisies

... others?
              GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
              The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
              Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
                I think after last year's b####fest, YOU guys should tell ME what shows you want folders for.

Candidates (new and newish series):

Fringe
                Knight Rider
                Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles
                Pushing Daisies

... others?
                I saw Fringe last night and loved it. Suspending actual science aside I thought it had a good story and pace to it, not too much too fast. (The limited commercials really helped) It had some drama, conspiracy, scifi and a good hook at the end to make me want to tune in next week and see where the show goes. I like seeing stargate guest stars(the dad) in other roles too.
                I really hope it takes off, would be nice to see some sort of x files-ish show again.

Comment

I vote that Pushing Daisies needs its own folder, maybe I could get my friend to join up if that happened! We both LOVE that show. (By the way, what happened last year? I hadn't joined yet.) And maybe Red Dwarf as well?

Do these have to be on now, or can they be older? If they have to be on now, please ignore the Red Dwarf suggestion.

Edit: Was it really that good, Franklyn? I missed it, unfortunately, I don't get Fox.
                  sigpic

Comment

one other thing to consider in the profile issue....the bug is still there where you can't see all the options if you use IE7. If you use Safari or firefox you can see all the tabs.

And i don't think there's much we can do about a hack for it, at least not for the the being.
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

as to show folders, if darren has no issue with it, how about you suggest a show or two in here, then we'll make a poll, just to give him an idea. Don't go getting the idea that if something wins in the poll it automatically gets a folder.

Also, let's remember the original criteria:

active show - one currently or soon to be in production
                      Fits the general scifi genre
                      Sometihng that darren has an interest in (probably the most flexible part of the formula)

sigpic

Comment

Alright, my vote goes for Pushing Daisies, then.
                        sigpic

Comment

i changed my mind

to keep down the clutter in this thread

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...06#post8914006

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar View Post
                            Ok here is what I believe you are seeing. Again anyone with a low post count please PM me and correct me if I am wrong

What it looks like is IF the member has customized their profile in some way it gives you the *choice* to view those or not. SO when you go to another member's profile and they have made it custom you will see the option to *Show User Customizations*, you can then click on that and you will see the custom profile. That option then changes to *Hide User Customizations*.

If the member has not done any custom changes that option does not pop up.

Does that make sense??

However I believe each member has the option on the right upper corner above *Contact info* to *Customize Profile*
                            This is what I'm talking about...

Spoiler:

I hope this clears things up...
                            sigpic
                            Sig by ME.

Comment

Rodney, are you looking for the "Customize Profile" link on another user's profile?

You cannot customize other people's profile pages (or your view of them) -- only your own. With others, you can choose to view the customizations they have made to their own space, or hide them and see their profile in the default GateWorld / vBulletin design.
                              GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                              The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                              Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
                                Rodney, are you looking for the "Customize Profile" link on another user's profile?
                                I was, yes. Because I couldn't see it and the person doesn't think she can customize her profile yet and she wants to. Unless only you can only see the "Customize Profile" link on your own profile page and not others.

You cannot customize other people's profile pages (or your view of them) -- only your own. .
                                I know that! Like I said up there, she wants to customize her profile page and was wondering how many posts she needs to be able to do that. IF a certain number of posts is needed that is...
                                sigpic
                                Sig by ME.

Comment

Working...
                                X