• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

at this point in time, i'm not seeing an offense
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

How does a person delete their account? I have no wish to be on a forum where such blatant sexism occurs.

Comment

we don't close accounts.

If you wish to leave, what you can do to disable it is to change your password to something you won't remember, then delete the site from your browser/computer favorites, and stop posting.

sigpic

Comment

we don't close accounts.

Why is that? If the account is closed, do all of my previous posts disappear?

If you wish to leave, what you can do to disable it is to change your password to something you won't remember, then delete the site from your browser/computer favorites, and stop posting.

Sarcasm doesn't become you.

Comment

I'm not being sarcastic. The only way to disable an account is to change the password to something the poster doesn't know, which effectively locks them out.

If an account is deleted, the posts remain, but are changed to "guest"...and, as you can imagine, if that's done for more than one person, we'd have a mess of 'guest' comments, all done by others.

Also, if that person changes their mind further down the line - and many have - it's impossible to restore them.

You can delete your own posts, if you choose to do that, it's your right.

sigpic

Comment

Just wondering, what is the rationale for leaving the Jewel Staite/P90 thread in the General Stargate Discussion section? As far as I know she's fairly specific to Atlantis. In addition couln't this be classified as a character and relationship thread? I'ts all either drooling or spewing...
              sigpic

Comment

probably cause no one had gotten around to noticing it yet. culling the general discussion folder for misplaced threads is a daily task that sometimes gets overlooked when things get busy.

In the future, if you see a thread where it shouldn't be, please report a post in it to draw our attention to it. In this case, I've moved it to the C&R area.

sigpic

Comment

OK, thank you!
                  And thanks to the moderators for all the hard work you do.
                  sigpic

Comment

I don't exactly where to post this or if I'm just being redundant, but clicking on Log Out makes a pop up box appear (which is normal) stating, undefined (which I don't think is normal).

Anyone else get this?
                    sigpic

Comment

no, i dont' get it. what browser and version of browser are you using?

sigpic

Comment

Mozilla Firefox 3.0.1
                        sigpic

Comment

mmhm, i have 3.0.1 and i just logged out with no issue.

so i don't think it's across browsers, but maybe a plug in that you have/don't have that is making the issue

the popup box might be javascript, i wonder if you have that turned offr (or no-script turned on) that it's causing it not to run

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                            mmhm, i have 3.0.1 and i just logged out with no issue.

so i don't think it's across browsers, but maybe a plug in that you have/don't have that is making the issue

the popup box might be javascript, i wonder if you have that turned offr (or no-script turned on) that it's causing it not to run
                            It does run.

I assume that the pop up box should say something along the lines of Are you sure you wish to log out? and then have the buttons OK and Cancel.

Well I have the box and those buttons and this round question mark icon on the left hand side, but all it says is undefined.
                            sigpic

Comment

I remember I used to be able to see if mods were online or not. It was a list of all the mods from Darren on through to the fanfic mods with a color code, was really nice. I tried using "who's online" and that didn't work as it only shows members or guests or search bots? (don't get that) Are all mods invisible now or did I just not use the right feature?

Comment

If you go to the front page and click on "View Forum Moderators" immediately under the list of who's online you'll see a list of all the mods, and those who are currently online have the dot beside their name lit up green.

Comment

Working...
                                X