This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi everyone,

I have a quick question on behalf of my mom - she has an old account on GateWorld but doesn't like her username and would like to change it. Is there anyway to disable her old account so she can register a new account on the same email address? Or any way to just change her username?

Thanks very much!

Sam

Comment

Originally posted by Triskele925 View Post
      Hi everyone,

I have a quick question on behalf of my mom - she has an old account on GateWorld but doesn't like her username and would like to change it. Is there anyway to disable her old account so she can register a new account on the same email address? Or any way to just change her username?

Thanks very much!

Sam
      Not really unless there is a major reason beyond *not liking* the previous username we normally don't change the names. However, Your Mom is more then welcome to PM either Darren or Skydiver and request it as well as the reason for the change. It would need to be the actual user doing the requesting and not a third party

Also as for disabling that would need to be requested by the actual user as well while on that account so we know it is actually them making the request
      Last edited by Darren; 26 August 2008, 03:57 PM.
      Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Sky_diver can change it, but like Spiderman says -- "Everybody gets one." Be sure you like what you are asking it to be changed to.
        GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
        The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
        Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Folks need to have a very good reason to have thier name changed. Ones i've said no to have been things like role players that want to have their name changed every time they move up in the game's ranks or people trying to 'sneak' in icky words after the fact
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Might be a silly question, but is there anyway of adding a "next subforum" button at the top of the page - I always miss the subforum I mean to press on and find myself either at the one before or the one after and then I have to scroll down and choose it again - and yes, I know I'm lazy, that's why I'm asking this!
            Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
            Yes, I am!
            sigpic
            Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
            Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
            Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

None that I know of. It would require a hack, if one even exists for this.

You'll just have to click more carefully.

Comment

Please let us know if anything has been missed.

Comment

Everyone, please don't miss this announcement:

http://forum.gateworld.net/announcement.php?f=48

Comment

Definite trouble-makers are banned. Probable trouble-makers are now Moderated and under further evaluation.

Not sure which one you see, but you can PM me.

Comment

Yo yo yo mods, me has a question.

What are your thoughts on the Stargate Universe General Discussion Thread? I see no point to it anymore now that we have an entire forum to separate the various threads of discussion that would've been crammed into that single thread. Do you think it's time it closed up shop?

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                        Yo yo yo mods, me has a question.

What are your thoughts on the Stargate Universe General Discussion Thread? I see no point to it anymore now that we have an entire forum to separate the various threads of discussion that would've been crammed into that single thread. Do you think it's time it closed up shop?
                        As long as people keep posting in there its probably not going anywhere

Comment

Yes, but if it's our idea then people get mad. Now that it's your idea, I think we can close it.

Comment

I see no obvious problem with that.

But seriously, a few days ago I got hold of some info, and was wondering where I'd put it; would I just post it in the General Discussion Thread, or start my own? Eventually I chose the latter, and upon reflection, I really don't see why I'd ever post anything in the Discussion thread again now that we have a whole new forum to fill.

Comment

Dr Jennifer Dex started an Anti-Carson thread in Characters & Relationships. I pointed out that a similar thread already existed so she said she would ask for hers to be merged or closed.

When I've looked this morning I've found the thread both merged and closed.

Please can someone re-open the thread? I will probably have some comments to make post Whispers.

Thank you.

Edit - Thank you for sorting it Tame.
                              Last edited by Blencathra; 31 August 2008, 03:34 AM.

Comment

I have a quick question, sorry if it sounds stupid. I was planning on updating my location to
                                Spoiler:
                                In your mind (kinda roomy, aint't it)
                                and would like to know if it's ok, of it's not allowed as some people may consider it flaming, and not a harmless joke
                                sigpic
                                Follow me on Twitter

Comment

Working...
                                X