This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
    What does the little + mean next to certain user names at the bottom of the main forum page?
    It means they are on your friend list.
    no means no, and so does pepper spray
    Sig by The Carpenter
    sigpic

Comment

I think the plethora of SGA and SGU threads right now are a combination of the mods (half of whom are currently away at conventions) not being able to keep up with all the activity and new members, and us not wanting to come down too hard on people who are upset.

We'll continue to corral them together. I'm off to make the SGU folder now.
      GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
      The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
      Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

So.... who was the 5 millionth poster?

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
          We'll continue to corral them together. I'm off to make the SGU folder now.
          Can I start pitching a hissy fit about all the threads you've missed? Or do I have to wait until you actually miss them?

Comment

I have to actually move them before I've missed them.

Now you can pitch. Except about the News folder.

Comment

Why did you move "Characters and relationships" folder at the bottom? It's the most popular folder!

Comment

Originally posted by silly sally View Post
                Why did you move "Characters and relationships" folder at the bottom? It's the most popular folder!
                this is a Darren question since he is in charge of the forum set up (however I wanted you to know your question was seen )
                Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Can you somehow upload an avatar from your hardrive or can you only take the ones that are given by the forum?
                  The very young do not always do as they are told.

sigpic

Comment

until you have about 2000 posts, you can only choose from amongst those provided
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by silly sally View Post
                      Folders are arranged in some sort of logical order, not necessarily by popularity. As you can see, I've combined, renamed, and reordered some threads so that we now have dedicated areas for each of the three shows.

As wonderful as "Characters and Relationships" and other folders are, I think the show folders ought to be sorted first in the stack.

Comment

and since he pays the bills........

sigpic

Comment

Why did someone move the Save Atlantis thread to some backwater place?

Comment

I configured Outlook 2007 with RSS2 for the board and the normal RSS for the news but I have a feeling I am missing something because I do not get that many feeds. Is this normal? Considering the size of the board...

Cheers,

Ervin

Comment

since we now have many shows we're covering, we've gone from 'season specific' folders to 'show specific' folders, thus you will notice - and likey continue to notice - single show specific threads being moved to that specific folder as we try to reserve the general discussion folder to threads that simply don't fit elsewhere or threads that cover 2 or more of the shows.

save atlantis is specific to that one single show, thus the thread is in that specific folder

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
                                I configured Outlook 2007 with RSS2 for the board and the normal RSS for the news but I have a feeling I am missing something because I do not get that many feeds. Is this normal? Considering the size of the board...

Cheers,

Ervin
                                Try using a normal RSS feed for both and see if there is a difference in the amount of information. If not then you are getting what the feeds are sending, if there is a difference then you need to review your set up
                                Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Working...
                                X