Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi! Can you tell me what happened to the 'Funny Pix' thread? It used to be in Characters&Relationships but not anymore. I've checked the OT Chatter and Fun sections, but drew a blank there as well. Thanks!

sigpic
    Check out my SGA and Fringe fanfics on fanfiction.net

Comment

Originally posted by starg8fans View Post
      Hi! Can you tell me what happened to the 'Funny Pix' thread? It used to be in Characters&Relationships but not anymore. I've checked the OT Chatter and Fun sections, but drew a blank there as well. Thanks!
      Did you try searching the Forum or looking up *Threads Started by* if you know who started the thread
      Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar View Post
        Did you try searching the Forum or looking up *Threads Started by* if you know who started the thread
        LOL, I'm such an idiot. This thread was inactive for so long, I didn't even think to look for it on the first page - and yesterday of all days somebody posted.

Thanks for the tip, anyway, I am sure it will come in handy some time!

sigpic
        Check out my SGA and Fringe fanfics on fanfiction.net

Comment

I'm sorry if this has been asked before but it's not stated in the forum Rules section and I couldn't find anything on the subject after doing a search. Is it allowed to write a reply in any language other than English?

I've seen that in the Graphic Artwork thread and I don't think it is fair to the other members of the forum. I think if someone wants to speak to another member in their own language, they should PM them instead of posting it directly in the thread. People use the Spoiler tags in order to hide their answer when they write in another language.
          "Great... Last time I came face to face with myself, I ended up kicking my own ass..."

- John Sheppard

Comment

If it's a foreign language thread - we have German, Dutch, Czech and others here who have started threads in their own language - then foreign language posting is expected.

In threads started in English, it's poor form to carry on conversations in a different language, unless you post the same thing in English also so that it's not too exclusive.

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W View Post
              If it's a foreign language thread - we have German, Dutch, Czech and others here who have started threads in their own language - then foreign language posting is expected.

In threads started in English, it's poor form to carry on conversations in a different language, unless you post the same thing in English also so that it's not too exclusive.
              Thank you for your prompt response, Madeleine. But that's just it, it isn't a foreign language thread. If the entire thread was, let's say, in German, then I wouldn't have said anything. But it isn't. Here's an example of what I'm referring to:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....postcount=1172

If you click on the "spoiler" paragraph, you'll see the part that was written in German. I find that a bit rude to the other posters.
              "Great... Last time I came face to face with myself, I ended up kicking my own ass..."

- John Sheppard

Comment

The problem hasn't repeated itself over the past few days though, it seems to have ceased

Madeleine

Comment

I've just checked my PMs, and I don't have any of the ones I had after Mid April, I was wondering if there'd been some technical hitch or what not?

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
                    I've just checked my PMs, and I don't have any of the ones I had after Mid April, I was wondering if there'd been some technical hitch or what not?
                    I know we had to do a restore a while back but I am unsure of what all that affected. Unfortunately I have to empty my PM box almost daily that I am not a good litmus. To my knowledge there has been no recent issues. However I will ask Greg to review your question
                    Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

I am also having the problem with the smilies, when I hit the more button nothing happens. I use IE 7 I believe, and turned off the pop up blockers without any effect....

this is the URL of the "more" link, if that helps, it just takes me back to the body of the message, not more smilies:
                      http://forum.gateworld.net/newreply....te=1&p=8663512#
                      sigpic

Comment

A few folks are having this issue..I will alert Greg again that this is happening. It does not seem to be a Forum issue though since not everyone is experiencing it ... Hopefully the expertise of Greg will be able to give us all some insight into what is happening

Comment

Re the 'Continuum for S/J shippers' thread.

Do we really need yet another thread about Continuum? Where will this end, should all of us anti shippers start our own. Or the slashers? Or the D/V shippers, T/S shippers? Etc. After all, if the shippers want to post about Continuum they can do it in the general threads and if they want to post about ship they have a thread for that too. That is what the spoiler tags are for.
                          sigpic

Jack and Daniel...the old married couple.

Comment

Originally posted by flynn1959 View Post
                            Re the 'Continuum for S/J shippers' thread.

Do we really need yet another thread about Continuum? Where will this end, should all of us anti shippers start our own. Or the slashers? Or the D/V shippers, T/S shippers? Etc. After all, if the shippers want to post about Continuum they can do it in the general threads and if they want to post about ship they have a thread for that too. That is what the spoiler tags are for.
                            Since we allow threads for all other specific topics regarding Continuum this one is considered no different in reality. There is no reason for *retalitory threads* .
                            As long as folks are actually discussing a specific topic we have always allowed a new thread for an episode, so there is no difference here.

The only real difference is folks sense of entitlment. If there is a specific topic that you feel is not being addressed you are welcome to begin a thread However, it must be legitimate.

Comment

Just a reminder that if you have an issue with a moderator decision such as closing of a thread and/or deleting of a post then please take it to PM. Ditto with any personal issues with another member. Thanks.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Well generally we try to keep episode discussions to the general discussion thread so as to keep the folder and clutter free and easy to navigate as possible. If there is a specific topic that doesn't fit in to the episode discussion then we'll usually allow it to remain it's own thread. If a thread is merged with the main thread then it's because a moderator felt it was something that could fall in to general discussion. Although if there is a thread that you feel deserved it's own space for discussion seperate from the episode thread you can definately PM a mod about it.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Working...
                                X