Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On some forums they let you close your own threads once you reach a certain level any chance of that being implemented here?
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
      I'm using Firefox.

Basically what's happening is that when I open a PM window, I see everything down to the "Post Icons" box below the "type your message" box and then nothing else underneath.

Is there some sort of bug related to this?

ON EDIT 09 NOV 05 : I just wanted to add that this problem is still going on. I can receive PMs but cannot reply to them.
      Here's another update.

I can PM if I use IE, but NOT in Firefox and I've been desperately trying to get away from IE too but no matter what I do, there are some things I can only do on IE.

I feel like Michael Corleone here..."Just when I thought that I was out they pull me back in!"

I could really use your help before I spiral into a mad movie quoting spree...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Can you add-on a feature to the signup form that rejects insane people
        gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
        so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
        love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Colonel Sharp
          Also mods, while I'm here, I might aswell ask: In addition to the new avatars are there even more new avatars you can get when you reach a certain post lvl?
          Yep. The way it works it that avatars are sorted by category (Main Cast, BONUS Main Cast, Allies, Enemies, Tau'ri, Aliens, Tok'ra, Ships, Technology, General, Ori, Wraith, etc.) and when you are promoted to the second and third membership levels, entire categories are opened up.

We've added new avatars this week to almost every avatar category. Some got one or two new avatars, some got a few dozen.
          GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
          The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
          Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
            On some forums they let you close your own threads once you reach a certain level any chance of that being implemented here?
            Nope. We regard thread closing as a mod's discretion thing.
            GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
            The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
            Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Pardon me, could you close a couple of threads in the Role Play section? The people who created them are not enrolled in the RPG.
              Thanks.
              Wondering what's happening? Updates for Everything
              sigpic

Comment

Since both SG-1 & SGA have been renewed, I think it's time to start up the Pro/Anti SG-1 Season 10 and Pro/Anti SGA Season 3.

I'm planning on starting up the threads, before I did I wanted to check out the Pro/Anti SG-1 Season 9 threads and I noticed this in the pro thread:

Originally posted by norriski
                (Thanks to Mod. Madeleine for giving me the OK to start this thread.)
                So I'm wondering if it's okay for me to startup the Pro/Anti SG-1 and SGA threads? And if you do okay my request, I'll create them as soon as I get the word.
                sigpic

Comment

what i would suggest, start your threads, and in the cast of the anti-s9 one, post a link in there and invite folks over.

i don't think there's a pro-anti s2 thread to deal with, but we can see if the s9 one continues or if everyone moves onto the s10 one

the only reason someone felt they needed to ask permission was because, up to that point, we'd not had a 'anti' thread that wasn't tailored to a specific pairing
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                    what i would suggest, start your threads, and in the cast of the anti-s9 one, post a link in there and invite folks over.

i don't think there's a pro-anti s2 thread to deal with, but we can see if the s9 one continues or if everyone moves onto the s10 one

the only reason someone felt they needed to ask permission was because, up to that point, we'd not had a 'anti' thread that wasn't tailored to a specific pairing
                    Thanks, for green-lighting me.

And by the way, I'll be adding the links to sig, so others can access it.
                    sigpic

Comment

S10 (SG-1) and S3 (SGA) hasn't even started yet! Why make "Anti" or "Pro" now? Why kick up dirt and negativity when we don't even know what's going on in S10 (SG-1) or S3 (SGA)!

Comment

Because people want something to talk about.

if you, or any 'you' don't like them, don't post in them. if there's an interest, the threads will survive, if not, they'll sink to the bottom and die.

sigpic

Comment

While you are being such a great Mod, why don't you head down to the PRG forum and deleted those two threads Gen Blue ask you so nicely about.

Comment

if i knew what threads they were, i would be happy to delete them. However given the number of threads there, i do not have time to go through every single thread to find the ones that need to be deleted.

Give me links or titles, and sure, i'll be happy to delete them

sigpic

Comment

Both threads started by "RodneyMckay" in the RPG forum, as he is not enrolled in the RPG (as already stated by Gen Blue).

Comment

I've noticed something that strikes me as a little odd: I've looked at a lot of people's profiles, and they all say, "[Insert username here] is not a member of any public groups." What do you mean by "public groups", and how do you add a group to your profile if you are a member? Just curious.

Member of W.A.S.P. ~ My Fan Fiction ~MySpace ~ Thanks to *E*K*R* for the sig!

Comment

Working...
                                X