X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Colonel Sharp
    Wait, does GW even have a logo?
    The circle-GW is something of a logo, but really only because I had an immediate need for something a couple of years ago and whipped it up. David took a shining to it, but I don't really care for it. I don't like seeing it in print, and we'll be phasing it out in the future.
    GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
    The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
    Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
      Can you please sticky the ultimate furling thread
      I'd rather not. The General folder already has three stickies, with the potential for more.

Comment

Merge them? I think that would be a giant mess, I think you should just close all furling threads and put a link to the big one (Which is what your doing now I think..)
        Nope, the redundancy of the multiple Furling threads makes them idea candidates for merging.

As for the 'Caption This' threads -- as soon as they become to annoying (too many still active / on the front thread list page at once), I'll push to consolidate. Right now they're in the category of "minor nuisance."

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
          OK...I can't PM again. I have nothing below the Post Icons section under the message box.
          Originally posted by Eoin
          Ive been havin a problem all day with the quick post feature, I click it and it doesnt post my post. I have to refresh the page to be able to post what i was posting.
          Without more details (or reports from multiple members that the same thing is happening to them), I would guess that both of these problems are browser-specific. Clear your cache ("Temporary Internet Files" in Internet Explorer), close and restart the browser, and give it another try.

We also heartily recommend Firefox for those still using I.E.

Comment

I thought about merging the caption threads, but as they all started around the same time and were getting posts at the same time, and as these posts were made without quoting the picture cos people were responding to a single-picture thread it seemed like it would turn things into one giant mishmash of confusion and annoy the threads' redidents to merge them far more than it's currently annoying the rest of us.

The downside is that we've more threads than we really need, the upside is that fewer quotations of the pics need deleting by us officious moderators . Once the threads start to die we can do some re-thinking.

Madeleine

Comment

Hello I read in here a while back that it is possible to have a comment removed from a red repp if it is, can someone remove the comment from the one I just received it is very long and well once read?

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Drwho'srose
                Hello I read in here a while back that it is possible to have a comment removed from a red repp if it is, can someone remove the comment from the one I just received it is very long and well once read?

Thanks.
                i'm presuming you're talking about the last rep comment you received. it's gone now
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                  i'm presuming you're talking about the last rep comment you received. it's gone now
                  Thank you And I have only had two but the other one assumes me. Thanks again.

Comment

How much bandwidth does the site and forum use each month?
                    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                    love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Darren
                      Without more details (or reports from multiple members that the same thing is happening to them), I would guess that both of these problems are browser-specific. Clear your cache ("Temporary Internet Files" in Internet Explorer), close and restart the browser, and give it another try.

Thanks , im just gonna presume its a problem with my browser (I.E doesnt really like me ), so im gonna switch to firefix.

Thanks again
                      The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

Originally posted by Darren

I'm using Firefox.

Basically what's happening is that when I open a PM window, I see everything down to the "Post Icons" box below the "type your message" box and then nothing else underneath.

Is there some sort of bug related to this?

ON EDIT 09 NOV 05 : I just wanted to add that this problem is still going on. I can receive PMs but cannot reply to them.
                        Last edited by Uber; 09 November 2005, 12:26 PM.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

I have a question for the mods, would one of you please come into the "Zee PM or Zed PM" thread in the Atlantis Season Two Forum and settle this? One of the users in there continues to come into the thread and criticize me without thoroughly reading my posts. Please some help would be appreciated.

I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to address this, but I have sent PMs to mods in the past and replies took awhile. I know how busy you guys are and how many PMs you must get. We really need a third party to come in and cool things off and I figured this would be the fastest way.

Thank you.

Comment

Dont worry, that is the knida thing this thread is made for! Now give me their user names and I'll go get my smacking stick...

Also mods, while I'm here, I might aswell ask: In addition to the new avatars are there even more new avatars you can get when you reach a certain post lvl?
                            sigpic
                            Sig from Kat Logan VIA SilverRider

SIX YEARS OF ROLEPLAYING ON GATEWORLD!

Join the Aftermath RP

Comment

Dont worry, that is the knida thing this thread is made for! Now give me their user names and I'll go get my smacking stick...
                              Hehe thanks for the enthusiasm, but the idea is to calm things down. If you go in and start beating people up, things will, as Teal'c would say, "calm up".

I thought it was an interesting discussion we were having in the thread, but the user simply refuses to read what I say, and when they do they take things out of context. I would just prefer a mod come in and put their foot down.

Comment

Also mods, while I'm here, I might aswell ask: In addition to the new avatars are there even more new avatars you can get when you reach a certain post lvl?
                                that's another question for darren. i'm afraid that i dont' know who gets what when. if i was told, i'm afraid the memory has faded
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X