Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just noticed that there is no report feature for comments on articles when I saw something reportable. Is a report feature going to be introduced or is that feature going to be completly policed by the mods??
    Nothing is permanent in this wicked world. Not even our troubles.

Spoiler:
    Originally posted by ebethman
    Look to the last page to find one of those strange little posts that no one sees at the end of a page. They are a strange creature. Denied attention from other posts they banned together. By day they are simple, unassuming posts. By night, they solve crime. One of them is called frank. He likes marbles. He has twelve of them. Each has it's own unique binary code which is related to several characteristics. Size. Colour. Public speaking ability....
    Originally posted by Bray
    *Bray wins*

Sorry RM....Game OVER!

And eBeth....you're weird

Comment

Comments on news stories, videos, and interviews on the main site are not part of the forum and are not policed by our mods here. If you see a deletable offense, please just shoot an e-mail to webmaster @ gateworld . net!
      GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
      The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
      Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

just to clarify to no one has any hurt feelings .....ie me

it is ok if i copy and paste questions in here and answer them in the members helping members thread ... right ??
        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

we're not crazy about copying and pasting stuff from one thread into another. you could link back to the post or PM the person the answer
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Not sure why you would copy-and-paste. That the forum and the comment threads are two different animals, with different sets of users, is kind of the point. I think that a tremendous number of people who read and post there don't visit the forum here, so "Members Helping Members" doesn't really work.

Comment

why were you guys looking at the cantina? are we doing anything wrong?
              Vice Admiral and occasionally the Acting Leader of the Gateworld Cantina
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tombombadail View Post
                why were you guys looking at the cantina? are we doing anything wrong?
                If there is something going on in a thread that needs to be addressed we will leave a post in that thread.

We try not to use this thread to much for that sort of thing
                Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

I have a few question for you...
                  It's possible that 2 of my post on J.Mallozzi blogs thread are been deleted? And if yes, why? They wasn't rude.
                  It's fair that a mod is an active member of an anti thread? To me no, but it's just my opinion.
                  Again, it's fair that a member with reputations disabled give me a red? Since I can answer or red him/her..
                  One last thing, can you take a look on season 10 anti thread? I think there is pure hate there...
                  Thanks.
                  sigpic
                  Sig made by slizzie1986

Comment

It's possible that 2 of my post on J.Mallozzi blogs thread are been deleted? And if yes, why? They wasn't rude.

eta: I stand corrected. I deleted one, another mod another because that comment started a bicker match in the thread...and in cleaning up the bickering, we deleted all the posts that pertained to it. I didn't remember because it was last week sometime.

It's fair that a mod is an active member of an anti thread? To me no, but it's just my opinion.

to follow the logic of your opinion than no mod should ever post in ANY polarized thread, be it pro show, pro character, pro ship or the matching anti. illusions of Bias is illusions of bias and it doesn't apply to just 'anti' anything. This is why we have a team of mods with varied interests. So that no one singular opinion becomes 'law'. Mods are members too and can post wherever they wish.

Again, it's fair that a member with reputations disabled give me a red? Since I can answer or red him/her..

You can give someone with grey points rep. they just don't see what you've given them.

One last thing, can you take a look on season 10 anti thread? I think there is pure hate there...

If you see something that breaks the forum rules, please report it.
                    Last edited by Skydiver; 20 March 2008, 09:24 AM.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post

to follow the logic of your opinion than no mod should ever post in ANY polarized thread, be it pro show, pro character, pro ship or the matching anti. Bias is bias and it doesn't apply to just 'anti' anything. This is why we have a team of mods with varied interests. So that no one singular opinion becomes 'law'. Mods are members too and can post wherever they wish.

You can give someone with grey points rep. they just don't see what you've given them.
                      Thanks for the answer, still I think that is unfair for a mod, that in my opinion should be almost impartial, be an active member of an anti or pro thread.
                      And, if I've understood well, what is the utility of my red if someone with grey point can't see what I give him?
                      sigpic
                      Sig made by slizzie1986

Comment

Mods are charged with enforcing the rules and doing so in an unbiased way. They're still forum members who are excited to play here, though, and we don't by any means ask them to not have (or share) opinions. As long as they are able to keep them separated from modding duties, I'm all for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
                          Mods are charged with enforcing the rules and doing so in an unbiased way. They're still forum members who are excited to play here, though, and we don't by any means ask them to not have (or share) opinions. As long as they are able to keep them separated from modding duties, I'm all for it.
                          But that's the problem for me, sometimes I think that they aren't able to separete their duties. There are mod that write quite ugly things in certain thread and how can I think that they can be unbiased? To me every mod should be less involved in anti and pro thread, simply because, to me, they lose their credibility. It's just my opinion, no offense, and sorry for my english I hope I explained myself well enough.
                          sigpic
                          Sig made by slizzie1986

Comment

i do see where you're coming from, however, to stretch out the logic...that would also mean that no mod can ever post in a 'i like the character' thread, or a 'i like the ship' thread, or a thunk thread or a wow thread, or anywhere that is open to one point of view.

That's not very fair to the mods..to tell them that a good 50% of the forum is off limits. Not to mention that some might have the point of view that, if a mod never plays in the Smallville thread, then they could be seen as discriminating against the show, when all it really means is that they don't happen to watch the show, thus have no interest in the fandom. Doesnt stop them from modding it since we mod to the rules, not our personal preferences.

If at any point in time people feel that a mod is being unfair, you are always welcome to take it to another mod and ask their opinion. We don't keep secrets from each other and we discuss things, with any mod being more than welcome to voice his/her opinion

sigpic

Comment

In regards to posting news in the NEWS thread. Just how many times is too many? I ask only becuase I see a new thread created for an article, and then the article is again reposted under actor news, MGM news, and even SciFi news sometimes. In other words, shouldn't it be posted ONCE in the news thread, and not 2-4 times?

I asked once before of a mod but never got a reply back, so figured I'd try here. If multiple posting is allowed in that section, just verify please.

Comment

There should be only ONE THREAD for any news item that merits a thread. However, if it doesn't meet the overall standard for a thread but rather just a post... it is permissible to post that news item in applicable threads. However, if the person posting it *spams* every thread that has that actor or episode name in it ...we will delete the posts and say something.

Example:
                                For a Thread
                                SGA is going to Network TV...... this would probably merit a thread of its own. and ONLY ONE THREAD. all other posts relating to this item should be a link back to the thread and not re-post of the news item

For a Post
                                SGA [actor of your choice] will be signing autographs at Barnes & Noble across the country. This would merit a News Post and possibly a post in the Actor/Character thunk/Discussion thread - thus it would be posted in two places.

Is that more clear?
                                Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Working...
                                X