Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As a corollary to that, would it be possible to get the info on infractions added to the FAQ at some point? Not that many bother with the FAQ, but at least it'll make a handy place to refer folks.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
      As a corollary to that, would it be possible to get the info on infractions added to the FAQ at some point? Not that many bother with the FAQ, but at least it'll make a handy place to refer folks.
      Yeah I would like to see that... I didn't even know of infractions until it was mentioned to me, Good suggestion ShadowMaat

Comment

Basically what an infraction is...is a system that allows us to track who we are talking to. It creates a note in a separate thread for us to keep track of. It keeps a copy of the post we infracted, the post we wrote to the member and it adds a note to the members profile so we can see it *At a glance* if needed.

The main function of the Infraction system is to help us see who is creating the issues, who is creating issues of the same type even after we have asked them to stop, and who do we need to follow up with for any *other* reason ...other usually means just checking on signatures and such.

It is an upgrade from the Moderators having to log a post each time they moderate a person and then having to search back to see if the person had been in trouble for the same thing previously.

I do believe we are planning on having something added sometime soon
        Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

You said that last year when I got one and suggested the same thing In fact, it was almost exactly a year ago

Comment

The final resting place of the Bionic Woman folder has yet to be determined. The DVD set is coming out soon, which may generate continued conversation. And then there is the comparison to Firefly, which didn't air many more episodes before being cancelled, but which generated a strong fan following.

It may hang out indefinitely, since SciFi Stream isn't exactly going to be deleting its series guide. Or it may go invisible, so that links from SFS will still work but you won't see it on the folders list here.
            GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
            The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
            Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Originally posted by firefly827347 View Post
              You said that last year when I got one and suggested the same thing In fact, it was almost exactly a year ago
              Well see at least we are still telling the same story
              Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

If you report a post, does the author of the post know who reported it? Just curious. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar View Post
                  Basically what an infraction is...is a system that allows us to track who we are talking to. It creates a note in a separate thread for us to keep track of. It keeps a copy of the post we infracted, the post we wrote to the member and it adds a note to the members profile so we can see it *At a glance* if needed.

The main function of the Infraction system is to help us see who is creating the issues, who is creating issues of the same type even after we have asked them to stop, and who do we need to follow up with for any *other* reason ...other usually means just checking on signatures and such.

It is an upgrade from the Moderators having to log a post each time they moderate a person and then having to search back to see if the person had been in trouble for the same thing previously.

I do believe we are planning on having something added sometime soon
                  Thanks Tame That makes alot more sense...

Comment

Originally posted by marielabbott View Post
                    If you report a post, does the author of the post know who reported it? Just curious. Thanks.
                    No not unless you tell them you reported it...

Comment

I know there was a post about this for season 3 but I can't find it; and neither the FAQ or the Rules sections offer any help. Actually when I clicked on the link in the rules about spoilers it took me to the same page.

Spoilers for season four; now the season has aired in the US, when can they be posted (particularly images) openly?

Comment

Is there any chance that the gender (if given) of a poster could be put with post count and location and such. I know that there can be confusion when someone refers to someone as "he" who is infact a girl.
                        Nothing is permanent in this wicked world. Not even our troubles.

Spoiler:
                        Originally posted by ebethman
                        Look to the last page to find one of those strange little posts that no one sees at the end of a page. They are a strange creature. Denied attention from other posts they banned together. By day they are simple, unassuming posts. By night, they solve crime. One of them is called frank. He likes marbles. He has twelve of them. Each has it's own unique binary code which is related to several characteristics. Size. Colour. Public speaking ability....
                        Originally posted by Bray
                        *Bray wins*

Sorry RM....Game OVER!

And eBeth....you're weird

Comment

Originally posted by ebethman View Post
                          Is there any chance that the gender (if given) of a poster could be put with post count and location and such. I know that there can be confusion when someone refers to someone as "he" who is infact a girl.
                          if you're curious, just check out a person's public profile. there you can see however much info they wish you to see
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
                            I know there was a post about this for season 3 but I can't find it; and neither the FAQ or the Rules sections offer any help. Actually when I clicked on the link in the rules about spoilers it took me to the same page.

Spoilers for season four; now the season has aired in the US, when can they be posted (particularly images) openly?
                            Once Season 5 begins it airing run in the USA it will ok to post pictures and spoilerish items from Season 4. We are no longer holding to the past season and waiting for syndication.

To my knowledge we had updated the policy to the current season until the next one begins will be considered a spoiler.

Darren...other Mods..please jump in here if I misunderstood our discussion on that

Comment

Correct. As the FAQ not entirely clearly says:

Spoiler warnings are required for all episodes in the seasons airing in first-run on SCI FI Channel in the U.S., and in production.
                              That includes the rerun season, so even if SCI FI isn't going to rerun the entire season, let's wait until Season Five premieres before Season Four becomes fair game.
                              GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                              The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                              Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Since the question of photo manips has come up again recently in a thread would it be possible to add it to the FAQ as well? And/Or maybe start a thread which includes the original (and no longer visible) Alert thingy that discussed it? That way if folks do have questions there will at least be a place to point them so that various threads (I doubt the one I've seen is the first and it isn't likely to be the last) don't get further derailed? Or would you prefer all such questions to be addressed here or via PM?

Comment

Working...
                                X