This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Darren
    David is our top-notch avatar-maker. We'll make avatars for the new cast members (and big recurring characters like Caldwell) a high priority.
    WooHoo! I can't wait! Thanks to all involved, including those that asked for them!

Comment

Originally posted by S.G.C
      Im too tired to search the FAQ

What is the rule for quoting pictures??
      If I had a penny for every time someone uses this excuse...

We ask that you do not re-post a picture via the quote feature as pictures drain bandwidth and are the cause for slow-loading times, especially in the thunk threads. Simply copy/paste the link to the picture in your quote.

As far as spoilers are concerned the usual GW spoiler rules apply: if the picture gives away a part of the storyline then don't post it - provide a link instead and give appropriate spoiler warning.

Comment

Thanks Feli, I was just wondering as so many people do it

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily
          Darren... perhaps you can help me here... Is there such a thing as a GW logo that members can download and use as name tags at meets and cons...
          There is not, but it's something we could consider making available at least on the forum. My hesitation is that someone would use it to misrepresent GateWorld in some "official" capacity.

Rather than a straight-up GW logo, maybe we could make a little "I'm a GateWorlder!" graphic.
          GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
          The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
          Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Thanks for fixing the pm email notification
            gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
            so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
            love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Darren
              There is not, but it's something we could consider making available at least on the forum. My hesitation is that someone would use it to misrepresent GateWorld in some "official" capacity.

Rather than a straight-up GW logo, maybe we could make a little "I'm a GateWorlder!" graphic.
              That would be just as good...
              sigpic
              "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

My sincerest apologies, mods, for asking a question that has likely been asked a half million times before.

However, it wasn't in the FAQ, and I'm really too lazy to search the forum for a thread about it.

The question is: how does one become a moderator? Is it just whoever Darren decides should become a mod, or can members volunteer?

Comment

Originally posted by CovertOperative
                  how does one become a moderator? Is it just whoever Darren decides should become a mod, or can members volunteer?
                  Darren asked Major Clanger and Gipsy to be moderators years and years ago, when GW was a small forum. When the place got bigger and they wanted more hands around to help they chose the rest of us. We've all got quite different personalities and like different aspects of Stargate for different reasons, and we're in different countries and timezones - all that gives a bit of balance.

We're not currently recruiting, and haven't done for years. If it ever happens - if some of us were to leave, for instance - we'd choose people rather than asking for volunteers.

Madeleine

Comment

How seriously are the new "Ask a mod" thread rules Darren posted going to be enforced? Can chatter and non-mod answers be reported? And if they are, will anything actually be done about it, or are you trying to be more "user friendly" than that?

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                      How seriously are the new "Ask a mod" thread rules Darren posted going to be enforced? Can chatter and non-mod answers be reported? And if they are, will anything actually be done about it, or are you trying to be more "user friendly" than that?
                      I would also like to know the answer to this question at the start you deleted some of my posts but seem a bit lax now
                      gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                      so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                      love Torri

Comment

I guess it depends how busy we are and how badly off topic everything is.
                        You know we mods are really neat freaks, so we like to keep things tidy, and this thread would be awfully difficult to use if people had to wade through a load of OT.

So I guess the answer is: yes, we will still delete OT posts.

And since the idea of this thread is to get a clear answer from the mods, yes, please leave it up to us to answer.

I think these two "rules" do make the thread user friendly, rather than the other way round.

Thanks.

Major Clanger
                        GateWorld Moderator
                        In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily
                          Darren... perhaps you can help me here... Is there such a thing as a GW logo that members can download and use as name tags at meets and cons...
                          I'm a member of a craft list and several times a year, when we attend craft shows, we put on our name tags and exchange trading cards or pins. I'm not suggesting that we exchange trading cards or pins but I thought that name tags with the GW logo might suffice...
                          Wait, does GW even have a logo?

Also, would you mind closing this thread:http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=19852

need I say why?
                          Last edited by Colonel Sharp; 06 November 2005, 10:35 AM.
                          sigpic
                          Sig from Kat Logan VIA SilverRider

SIX YEARS OF ROLEPLAYING ON GATEWORLD!

Join the Aftermath RP

Comment

Could a mod please add a poll to the following thread:
                            What's your favorite Batman movie?
                            All the details needed are at the end of the first post
                            sigpic

Comment

Can you please sticky the ultimate furling thread
                              love Torri

Comment

When editing names to or from my buddy'ignore lists, why is the "View Memberlist" function disabled?

Comment

Working...
                                X