Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You have to go into My Controls and set the default subscription feature to "no email" or whatever. Otherwise I think it automatically subscribes you to everything you reply to. Or that's what I've assumed, anyway. Never tested the theory.

Comment

To set subsctiption options, go to Quick Links>Edit Options. Scroll down to Messaging and Notification, and you'll see Default Thread Subscription Mode, with a dropdown box.
      http://files.photojerk.com/gatehorse...scriptions.JPG
      Setting that should work if you don't want to subscribe to threads. Although personally, I find thread subscription a very useful feature.
      gatehorse

lj here if you're interested.

Comment

I did not know where to post this question but who does the episode threads? Because each time they upgrade, the need to reupload (or what ever they do) the first post of the threads. It is all gibbish to me.

Comment

Originally posted by greytop
          I did not know where to post this question but who does the episode threads? Because each time they upgrade, the need to reupload (or what ever they do) the first post of the threads. It is all gibbish to me.
          If you're talking about the HTML problem, scroll down to Darren's first post on this page and read from there.
          http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...t=18261&page=7
          He explains it.
          gatehorse

lj here if you're interested.

Comment

Originally posted by spg_1983
            i couldnt help myself. i tried. i really really tried, but i had to find out what it was.

"Boudreaux's Butt Paste® was specially formulated by a pharmacist with direction from a respected pediatrician to provide effective diaper rash care. It spreads on easily, cleans off quickly, and has a pleasant scent."

do i really want to know why it is important a babies tochis has a pleasent scent?
            Obviously none of y’all are from Louisiana where it’s a staple product since it was created in Covington, LA. And it has more uses than the name implies. Maybe someone was telling a Boudreaux and Thibodeaux joke. Otherwise, I don’t want to know why it popped up as an ad....
            IMO always implied.

Comment

Can a person (me) request to have the name of a thread changed? Or does it have to be the person who started the thread?

It has been brought to my attention that some people are a little confused with the McKay/Sheppard Shippers? thread in the Characters and Relationships section some were thinking it was a friendship thread but we have one of those, and a discussion thread.

So I was hoping the title of this thread

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...074post4591074

could be changed to be clearer eg.

McKay/Sheppard Shipper (slash) Thread

(or something similar). Is this possible?

Thanks.

Comment

Okey dokey.

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W
                  Okey dokey.
                  Thank you.

Comment

At how many rep points, can you give someone multiple rep points? Just wondering
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos
                      Just wondering
                      Is that because you want to ask them to give you rep
                      gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                      so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                      love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Darren
                        Posts in this section are counted. After the folder restructure is finished, all posts will go toward your post count except those in the Off-Topic Chatter and Testing Ground folders.
                        Hi Darren. Why count posts here and not in OT?
                        Hatshepsut, Queen Pharaoh

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
                          Is that because you want to ask them to give you rep
                          No, I plan to give Green to the first person who posts a link to the 60-sec SG1 Opening Credits, that premiered yesterday in the U.K.
                          sigpic

Comment

A question about the forum...

Is the "Subscribe" function ever going to be fixed on the forum, since I know there were problems with it, and it still doesn't work for me, no matter what browser I use...

~*Beanie*~ | No mountain too high, no gutter too low... | Ar scáth a chéile a mhairimid uilig...
                            "It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."

Comment

Originally posted by Hatusu
                              Hi Darren. Why count posts here and not in OT?
                              Here's your answer:
                              Originally posted by ShadowMaat's X-treme Guide to Gateworld
                              Q: How does my post count affect my status on Gateworld?

Post count is tied into your user level and your avatar level, neither of which makes your actual posts any more or less interesting. As the saying goes, "Stop worrying about your post count and just make your posts count."
                              Source: X-treme Guide to Gateworld (for newbies)

Does that answer your question?
                              sigpic

Comment

Probably not.

Posts in OT don't count because Darren wants people to STICK TO THE SUBJECT, which is Stargate.

The Help section counts probably because it's forum-related and Darren doesn't wanna punish newbies & others for asking questions.

Comment

Working...
                                X