Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just made spelling mistake in a thread title, is there any way I can correct it?
    sigpic

Comment

Edit the post go to the advanced thingy and edit the title box
      gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
      so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
      love Torri

Comment

Thx.
        sigpic

Comment

The log-in mechanism has been rather erratic of late...
          On some days it seems like I have to log-in every hour and other days, it's like I hardly have to.

And today, for some reason, I have to log-in every few minutes...

Can anyone shed some light on this...
          sigpic
          "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

it might be a cookie issue.

if you use IE, when you're here do you see a little red circle with a white bar while you're surfing here? if so, when you see it, right click i think, then tell IE to trust cookies from here

staying logged in only works as long as the cookie identifying you remains on your computer. if that cookie is deleted or if it's blocked, then your signin is temporary

also, whenever you toss out cookies and clean out your temp folder (something that is good to do every so often) you will have to re-log in
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
              it might be a cookie issue.

if you use IE, when you're here do you see a little red circle with a white bar while you're surfing here? if so, when you see it, right click i think, then tell IE to trust cookies from here

staying logged in only works as long as the cookie identifying you remains on your computer. if that cookie is deleted or if it's blocked, then your signin is temporary

also, whenever you toss out cookies and clean out your temp folder (something that is good to do every so often) you will have to re-log in
              I use Firefox actually and have done so for several months... I'm not sure if this is relevant but this problem only arose after this recent upgrade... Not sure if there's a connection.

It seems okay now but earlier today it seem to want me to login after every new post.
              sigpic
              "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

I'm having trouble editing and adding images with this new system. Why can't I copy and paste anymore? Is there a tutorial anywhere?
                Hatshepsut, Queen Pharaoh

Comment

You shouldnt be copy/pasting - hotlinking steals sites bandwidth

Right-click on the image --> select properties and copy/paste the location of the image go to http://imageshack.us/?uploadbyurl=yes

Paste the image location into the box and click host

Copy the link for forums (1) link
                  gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                  so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                  love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily
                    It seems okay now but earlier today it seem to want me to login after every new post.
                    Yes! I'm having the same problem! I do use IE, but always have, and I haven't altered any of my settings or anything. Suddenly, starting about a week ago, I've had to relog in with every post...sometimes more.

Just now, as I came to Gateworld, I typed in my username and password and hit Remember Me (as I always do lately - hoping it will cut down on my relogs). I got the "Thank you for logging in, thistledown" window and waited to be "redirected" back to the forum. As soon as I was, I noticed the forum STILL said I wasn't logged in! I did the same thing again, and that time it "took".

As I said, my settings haven't been altered lately, and I have Microsoft Updates turned off (so my settings haven't been automatically altered either).

Glad I'm not the only one!

AT
                    thistledown
                    sigpic

Comment

i cant seem to create new threads everytime i try it says my message is too short and i need to add at least 2 charchters and it does this no matter how long the post is.

Comment

Originally posted by spg_1983
                        i cant seem to create new threads everytime i try it says my message is too short and i need to add at least 2 charchters and it does this no matter how long the post is.
                        Try adding a few charaters to your thread title?
                        The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

Its a problem with the new forum software affecting only some people
                          love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Eoin
                            Try adding a few charaters to your thread title?
                            nah i did that, its gotta be a forum problem because ive made plenty of threads before with out a problem

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
                              Its a problem with the new forum software affecting only some people
                              hmmm is there a solution for it?

Comment

hmmm is there a solution for it?
                                Not at the moment

You could ask someone else to start a thread for you

On some other boards admins can start threads in your name - I dont know if it can be done on vbulletin and even if it can Darren is probably the only person who can do it and hes not around much
                                love Torri

Comment

Working...
                                X