Clear All

How long does "Probie" status last?

Comment

You aren't on Probie.
      (You verified yourself already.)
      The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        Forum kicked me off after having signed in, and served me with this friendly notice:

Unable to contact server. Please try again.

If this error continues please contact the site administrator.

error_information_x-1

Logged back in and found myself neatly on the page I had clicked to before being kicked out.
        I hope it's not happening all over again -- you know that which we no longer speak of.
        Could be a browser thing,or just vb5 hiccuping.
        I tried repeatedly and haven't been able to hit that glitch.

Anyone else getting error codes?
        Might be fastest to mail Darren with a screencap.

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
          You aren't on Probie.
          (You verified yourself already.)
          I think they mean their title: that lasts until I believe 20 something posts....

Baggie may correct me if I am wrong

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
          "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
          "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

They weren't able to use their original account so there wouldn't be any point keeping them on "Probie Status" (Moderation of newbies) BUT...here we go regarding post titles - otherwise known as Post Counts/Levels:

0-24: Probie
            25-49: Airman
            50 -99: Staff Sergeant
            100-249: Chief Master Sergeant
            250-499: Second Lieutenant
            500-999: First Lieutenant
            1000-1999: Captain
            2000-2999: Major
            3000-4999: Lieutenant Colonel
            5000-7999: Colonel
            8000-9999: Brigadier General
            10000-14999: Major General
            15000-19999: Lieutenant General
            20000-34999: General
            35000+: Air Force Chief of Staff

Comment

With regards to the hiccup error... haven't gotten any more of those so I'm going to assume it was a hiccup. All is well.

35000+: Air Force Chief of Staff
              What?! Nothing higher than AF CoS?
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Glad the glitch hasn't revisited!

The top title was set originally at 50K posts,but was lowered quite a while back to 35K because that allowed more Members a chance to reach that particular title.
                Nobody thought up any higher ranks,however fictional/factual they might be.

Under the 50K limit only 6 Members would have the title - under the change another 10 have reached it.

All the ranks:

Probie
                Airman
                Staff Sergeant
                Chief Master Sergeant
                Second Lieutenant
                First Lieutenant
                Captain
                Major
                Lieutenant Colonel
                Colonel
                Brigadier General
                Major General
                Lieutenant General
                General
                Air Force Chief of Staff

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                  What?! Nothing higher than AF CoS?
                  Daedalus Damage Source ?

"The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Originally posted by Princess Awinita View Post

Daedalus Damage Source ?
                    I plead the 5th.

Comment

Anyone know why you have to resize a photo to a very small image from either a digital camera or a smartphone?

Comment

Originally posted by ScifigirlSG View Post
                        Anyone know why you have to resize a photo to a very small image from either a digital camera or a smartphone?
                        Too heavy otherwise?

Comment

Could be a browser thing,or just vb5 hiccuping.
                          I tried repeatedly and haven't been able to hit that glitch.

Anyone else getting error codes?
                          Might be fastest to mail Darren with a screencap.
                          It's taken me this long to reply, because this is the first time, since whatever September date it was that I've been able to write a message and not get rebooted off my computer (not just the browser, but the entire computer, and as recently as last night!). Not sure if there was a hiccup occurring or a browser issue. I tried different browsers and got promptly rebooted off the computer each time. So, I have no error code to highlight and make note of.

Anywho, it could have been another program like viewing you tube videos prior that kicked me off during my next internet visit elsewhere. Or, certain ads would pop up and seem like they were taking over. Just to note... we have uninstalled Firefox at least twice and got the same rebooting problem. Other browsers would do the same thing, sometimes, just after logging in. And we've even changed anti-virus softwares, so both of them had the same issues with the entire computer shutting down and rebooting. Also, no "malware" was found in deep scan searches. When attempting to return to my browser, I chose to "start new session" than restore previous tabs/internet sites to what might never work anyway.

Just happy at the moment to be able to share this dilemma, but unfortunately, I cannot screen grab anything when the computer immediately shuts down into a reboot.

Comment

For about 48 hours gateworld was not accessible for me, Cloudflare thankfully posted a cached version of the forum, {no images, but the last post timestamp was the day before yesterday {in this case thursday 3rd November}} I just logged in just now and everything is working.

At least cloudflare is ontop of things and dont require a constant verification page to refresh

Comment

Yes, I came to look at this thread because I've been having lots of trouble accessing the forum. I'm re-watching SGU and after each episode looking at the episode discussions here. Over the last 24 hours in particular it seems to be nigh impossible to reach the forum, with lots of Cloudflare errors interspersed with brief access to a thread but try to access the next page or next thread and it's back to errors. Logged in during a brief window of connectivity.

I work in IT, and I've run some forums in the past (2005-2015) including one using vBulletin. vBulletin is a resource hungry pig, so if there's maybe a need for some more cash to upgrade the server happy to contribute, I love Stargate and I like being able to come here and read the thoughts and opinions of fellow Stargate fans.

Comment

Thanks for your feedback/reports everyone!

I've been testing in firefox and chrome and it looks like this is still random glitching.Unfortunately I didn't run across any lags or server fails but it could re-occur.

Referred the issues to Darren so he and Greg can check it out.

Comment

Working...
                                X