Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i would like make a suggestion to add under the sci-fi shows that we add Eureka and Sarah Connor Chronicles to a section of science fiction shows thanks
    sigpic
    May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

Has Sarah Connor Chronicles even been renewed? I don't see the point of making a folder for a show that doesn't have longevity.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
        I probably love it just as much, you really can't compete with it, but... at this point it probably blonges in the General Sci-Fi and Fantasy category, in terms of activity.
        From what I know of vBulletin and other what not, it doesn't make any major difference if it has its own folder or if the threads are folded into another.
        The Stargate Character Facebook/Twitter Status Page

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=69210

Comment

TSCC will get a folder if it gets picked up for the fall.
          GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
          The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
          Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
            TSCC will get a folder if it gets picked up for the fall.
            Which will be known in May or June - I think.
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
              Which will be known in May or June - I think.
              Lets be honest though. My opinion of TSCC aside it very unlikely that this show will be renewed based on the ratings and the the loyalty Fox has shown in the past.
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                Lets be honest though. My opinion of TSCC aside it very unlikely that this show will be renewed based on the ratings and the the loyalty Fox has shown in the past.
                I'm hoping it will, but knowing Fox it probably won't.
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Anytime a show is canceled in the first couple of seasons, let alone the FIRST season - Jericho - I always think of these two snippets from the history of television...

Shortly after the cancellation of [Star Trek:TOS], the staff of the marketing department of the NBC TV network confronted the network executives and berated them for canceling Star Trek, the most profitable show on the network in terms of demographic profiling of the ratings. They explained that although the show was never higher than #52 in the general ratings, its audience profile had the largest concentration of viewers of ages 16 to 39, the most sought after television audience for advertisers to reach. In other words, the show, despite the low ratings, had the precise audience advertisers hungered for, which was more than ample justification to consider the show a big success. - imdb.com

In its first season, MASH never ranked higher than #46 in the Nielsens while it consistently made it to the Top 10 9 out of the next 10 seasons - the one off season placing it in the Top 20 not to mention that no other series finale has carried the same ratings (106 million Americans which was roughly 3/4 of the those of us watching television that night).
                  Last edited by HAL2100; 13 April 2009, 06:30 PM.
                  The Stargate Character Facebook/Twitter Status Page

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=69210

Comment

make a separate section for counting threads. they bog down off topic.
                    Vice Admiral and occasionally the Acting Leader of the Gateworld Cantina
                    sigpic

Comment

comparing shows of the past to shows now is apples to oranges.

back when mash was on, the 70's, there were 4 channels to watch, abc, nbc, cbs, pbs. no vcr's, no dvd's...you watched live or you didn't watch, because there was no other way.

shows today will never get the same ratings as shows then, because there's a huge difference between the 'big three' duking it out and a singular show competing against a couple hundred other stations
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tombombadil View Post
                        make a separate section for counting threads. they bog down off topic.
                        Deleting them would not only clean out off topic but also empty dead weight from the database (not that they're that "heavy", but...)

Comment

Why is their a limit of 11 rep blocks? I've seen vbulliten boards where you can have 20+, and after you go past radioactive green you get to yellow! Couldn't we have that here too? As a lot of people are at 11 blocks and it just stops, even though the messages you get when you hover the mouse over them still changes.
                          Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

I don't think we've made any changes to the vB factory settings on the reputation blocks. If other sites have more, I'm not sure how. Maybe an add-on or hack (or a setting I just haven't found).
                            GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                            The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                            Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forums this is the board. some user's have blocks that flash
                              Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

I think you need to create an artificial intelligence here on the board that will *automatically* edit out the people you have on your ignore list when someone else quotes them!

See I only have a few on my list.... and as the mods suggested you should do if you don't want to read what they say!

BUT!!! *puts up index finger*

It makes no sense if other people can use the quotes from those on my list in their posts as well and then I end up scrolling past people I do like just because the are using quotes from people I don't like...

Uh, maybe it should be a Psychic Artificial Intelligence!!!!
                                Why did you do such a thing, you mediocre dunces?

Comment

Working...
                                X