X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TameFarrar: Farewell and R.I.P.

Hi everyone.

Sad news time,as it's been confirmed by David Read via Tame's family that she very recently passed away.

Whenever I needed a friend she was there for me ,and always had a sense of love ,fun, and personal responsibility that carried over to modding the forum.

She generously gave her time to anyone and everyone who needed a "Come to Tame" private chat,or to seek her advice off-forum.

Never once did she complain about balancing her duty of care to you all with a very full career and family life or complain about her own ill health.

Never once did she claim to make flawless decisions nor did she expect others to achieve perfection,but she loved us just the same!

Anyway,in conclusion,farewell to one of our own: our beautiful,brave and kind Steel Magnolia.

The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Damn...

RIP Tame!
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

RIP Tame. You will be missed.

Comment

Rest in Peace Teame, hater of Pants, lover of the cantina and of the Forums.

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
        "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
        "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

I can hardly find words. TameFarrar's witty, friendly presence will be deeply missed. The Gateworld forum is part of her Fandom legacy. I will review her posts and keep her always a part of my favorite Stargate memories.

Rest well, TameFarrar.
          Last edited by Traveler Enroute1; 01 December 2022, 11:53 AM.
          MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
          sigpic
          Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

That's a lovely tribute. Thank you. It's sadly been a long time since I talked to Tame or indeed, visited Gateworld. So wonderful to see familiar names here still. Tame was one of the first people I made friends with in the fandom, many many years ago. In fact we were on Delphi and called Starguide at the time. Sending virtual love to her family and friends xx
            sigpic

Comment

That is very sad news indeed. RIP Tame

Comment

I just found out. I haven't been around GateWorld in quite a while. Tame was such a good friend. I wish I kept in touch with her. She will be missed dearly.
                No snurching any Pictures I post!! (without my permission)

sigpic

Comment

Thank you so much, everyone, for your posts and your memories of our dear friend and sister, Tame.

She was a real joy to know, and a wonderful and enthusiastic partner to have on the mod team! I have so many great memories of conventions, online goofiness, and visits together. Tame brought to fandom her best motherly instincts -- love, a desire to have fun, and a healthy helping of Not Putting Up With Your Crap(TM).

She was a good friend, a treasured part of GateWorld's family in those vital years, and I miss her dearly.
                  GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                  The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                  Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Working...
                  X