Deep Breath (3401/801)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
    Ach, I'm sick of the Daleks, give us some new enemies to worry about.
    "I killed you all in the time war, sacrificed my fellow timelords to do it as well, woe is me"

Oh look, a Dalek............

Give them a rest for gods sake, how much cheaper do you want to make the doctors sacrifice??
    I've heard their contract with the Terry Nation State says they have to use the Daleks every season, at least once.
    Besides, they also appeared every season in the Hartnell era and no one complained then.
    "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
      My understanding is that 1 cycle = 12 regenerations. The Doctor has been given a whole new set of 12 regenerations (like the Master in The Five Doctors).

So we won't have to worry about this again for another 30-40 years, until we get to Doctor No. 24.

Edit - Incidentally, I can think of a few instances where there has been mention of a 12 regeneration limit (one cycle) and then being given another cycle, but no instances of anyone being given unlimited regenerations.
      *cough* Rassilon *cough*
      "Unlimited perpetual regeneration. True immortality!"
      "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Originally posted by rushy View Post
        I've heard their contract with the Terry Nation State says they have to use the Daleks every season, at least once.
        Besides, they also appeared every season in the Hartnell era and no one complained then.
        Had he locked away a part of himself away because he was so ashamed of breaking his promise?
        That's my problem with having them all the time Rushy, what is the point of what he did?
        sigpic
        ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
        A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
        The truth isn't the truth

Comment

*cough* Rassilon *cough*
          "Unlimited perpetual regeneration. True immortality!"
          I'm trying to think of a general rule, rather than a one-off.

Comment

OK what about the ending. Where did the robot dude end up?

Will that tie into the rest of this season, maybe a cross over with the SS Madame De Pompadour?

hmmmmmmmmmm
            Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Jumping right into the conversation about the new Doctor's Age\Appearance of Age.

This is the first regeneration since he remembered the War Doctor so I wonder if that has something to do with him being darker than the last few. Also could be the reason he was able to kill (assuming he pushed).

Also, in regards to why he looks old. I think Madame Vastra answered that question when talking to Clara.

Clara: “He doesn’t look renewed. He looks older.”

Madame Vastra: “But he’s the doctor.”

Clara: “He looked young.”

Madame Vastra: “Who do you think that is for?”

Clara: “Me?”

Madame Vastra: “Everyone. I wear a veil the same as he wears a face. To be accepted.” “I do not wear it (veil) as a courtesy to such people, but as a judgment to the quality of their heart. The Doctor regenerated in your presence. He trusted you. Are you jugding him?”
              The Doctor appears to have some degree of control over his appearance and perhaps he decided that he didn't care about looking youthful. Perhaps there is a task at hand, a "darkness" that he knows he has to face to he felt warranted a more serious appearance for this incarnation.
              sigpic

Comment

I recall that it was said somewhere that the Regen Cycle for Time Lords kind of varies from Time Lord to Time Lord. It is affected by the circumstances of what caused it. Like trauma or accidents which kind of affects the "randomness" of the changes.
                But then there are other TL's like the Master who seem to not really vary that much at all.

And that back on Gallifrey the Regenerations are treated like a regular medical procedure. Where it could be controlled and helped to happen more smoothly. Whereas the Doctor is for all intents and purposes for the Doctor it gets handled like pulling a tooth by tying a tring to a door and slamming it.
                I like Sharky
                sigpic

Comment

The leak is more serious than I thought.
                  There are currently no less than five episodes online for watching. And no, I didn't.
                  Still, I wonder what's going on up there... I can just imagine Moffat tearing his hair out. "My spoilers! My beautiful spoilers!!"

Comment

Had he locked away a part of himself away because he was so ashamed of breaking his promise?
                    That's my problem with having them all the time Rushy, what is the point of what he did?
                    He didn't lock away a part of himself, he forgot because of the out-of-whack timelines. The memories he had were what his subconscious presumed to have happened when he had nothing else to go on. Kinda like the First Doctor remembering meeting a dandy and a clown.

Comment

Well that's fifty years with at least one Dalek every season. At some point people havte to be tiererd of them ;-) I personally still like them (more than the cybermen at least) But I can see, why people are tiered of them. And I agree with the point, that it starts getting lame, defeating all of tehm , and still they come back. But than again, maybe whats exactly what there is about them: You cant get rid of them, they are like some sort of cancer or fungi. You can cut it out, you can destroy it, but you allmost never can compleatly defeat it. There is allways one cell or spore left. And yes sure that is "anoying" .

The leak is more serious than I thought.
                      There are currently no less than five episodes online for watching. And no, I didn't.
                      Still, I wonder what's going on up there... I can just imagine Moffat tearing his hair out. "My spoilers! My beautiful spoilers!!"
                      Damm it, your right. Won't watch it though. I waitet for so long, some more weeks don't matter.
                      Nobody asked me, if I wanted to live. So don't anyone tell me how I shoul lead my life.

Comment

Half the fun is watching it "live" and coming here to discuss with fellow obsessives Whovians
                        sigpic

Comment

Don't get me wrong, I like a Dalek, or a cyberman, -ON THE ODD OCCASION-, but I just don't want to see a "dalek story" every season.

Stance one: "Oh look, it's a Dalek"

Stance 2: "OMFG, it's a DALEK, HOW did they survive!!!"

They are like seasoning, good and effective in small doses.
                          I'm not 100% sure but I think there's actually a part of an agreement with Terry Nations' estate that new Who HAS to use the Daleks at least once a year. It's one of the reason why they still appeared at the end of season six, despite not having anything to do with the story at all.
                          Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                            I'm not 100% sure but I think there's actually a part of an agreement with Terry Nations' estate that new Who HAS to use the Daleks at least once a year. It's one of the reason why they still appeared at the end of season six, despite not having anything to do with the story at all.
                            Ya, you are the second to mention that P-90.
                            Just grumbling dude, I hope they appear in this next ep, and that's it for the season though if that is the case.
                            sigpic
                            ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                            A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                            The truth isn't the truth

Comment

The Daleks have somewhat lost their lustre as an opponent
                              sigpic

Comment

How do they keep showing up?

Spoiler:
                                Didn't the Daleks forget the Doctor in the beginning of season seven?
                                sigpic
                                Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Working...
                                X