No announcement yet.

Deep Breath (3401/801)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love Clara's difficulty in adjusting to there new Doctor. "I am cross!" as much as she loved 11, 12 is so different that she has completely human difficulty in adapting. I liked Madame Astra's veil interlude to demonstrate acceptance.
    sigpic

Comment

Definitely need to watch it again. Not sure PC was settled into the role enough. A second viewing may help assuage me.

For those who didn't see the Q&A, had you realised the actor playing the tramp (from whom the Doctor negotiated the smelly coat) was Elizabeth (Mary Jane Smith) Sladen's RL husband? A bit of a behind-the-scenes tribute.

Comment

^nice! Although he claims that he bought it in a shop. He attempted to get the coat from Sladen's husband, but that was unsuccessful. That's why he sold his watch.
        sigpic

Comment

I don't think I'm a hugging person now

I don't think you have a vote
          sigpic

Comment

*grumbles*

I was also looking forward to more T-Rex stuff....

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

A minor point. It would have been interesting, but really, unnecessary
              sigpic

Comment

Ok - my best guess for this mystery woman...

I'm going to go with a version of one of the multitude of Clara's from the future.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Finally watched it late last night, though I was half asleep at the time. Better than expected but still a bit lacking in areas. I like the new (old?) tone and feel, but it did feel a bit lumbering at times.

Quite liked the moral ambiguity and Hartnell-esque trickiness of the new Doctor but I think Capaldi needs a few more episodes - he didn't really get a "Hello, I'm the Doctor. Basically... run" moment that for me absolutely cemented Matt Smith in the role.

"That's not the question" - is that Capaldi's catchphrase? Clara is definitely better defined now, which is definitely a plus.

Sort of kinda like the new theme, thought the original fan-version of the new credits was slightly better but still impressive, and of course Strax... though am I the only one who would prefer he got a few more non-comic relief lines or scenes?

I will rewatch it at some point after I finish work I think.
                  And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                  sigpic
                  Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Good plan.

The supporting characters and story have the better part of this episode. You can't help but adore Strax. Madame Vastra and Jenny are excellent. AClara resists the renewed Doctor, despite the fact that she saw his regenerati
                    sigpic

Comment

Did the other companions hit it off with the new regeneration of their Doctor right away?
                      sigpic
                      Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Originally posted by rushy View Post
                        Thumbs up for alien invasions in Glasgow!
                        There's so many weird looking people in Glasgow anyway, no one would notice the difference.
                        sigpic
                        Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                        To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                        And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                          There's so many weird looking people in Glasgow anyway, no one would notice the difference.
                          Clearly you've never seen Manchester.... it puts Glasgow to shame.
                          Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                            Clearly you've never seen Manchester.... it puts Glasgow to shame.
                            Y'wanna bet?

In Glasgow, I have seen, with my own eyes, two complete sets of Teletubbies - eight guys - knocking lumps out of each other on the concourse of Glasgow Central Station. All because the "Tinky-Winky" of one lot mistook the "Po" of the other lot for his mate.
                            sigpic
                            Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                            To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                            And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                              Y'wanna bet?

In Glasgow, I have seen, with my own eyes, two complete sets of Teletubbies - eight guys - knocking lumps out of each other on the concourse of Glasgow Central Station. All because the "Tinky-Winky" of one lot mistook the "Po" of the other lot for his mate.
                              .... I'll call it a tie then.
                              Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

I've just been watching it again. A few more thoughts.

My favourite bit - the Doctor talking to the tramp about his eyebrows.

Most emotional bit - the death of the poor dinosaur.

The worst bit - the Doctor falling out of the tree & riding off on the fake horse. Could have been shot & directed better.

Love the visuals of new title sequence (made by the fan). Not so keen on the arrangement of the theme tune. (But there again I thought that about the Matt Smith era theme tune & soon got used to it.)

I did like the music durng the episode, but I've not quite sussed out which is the new Doctor's theme yet. "I am the Doctor" grabbed me instantly in The Eleventh Hour. It may takeme a little while to get used to the music this time.

8/10

Comment

Working...
                                X