Best-Lock Daedalus and Wraith Darts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best-Lock Daedalus and Wraith Darts

Best-Lock has created Lego-compatible SGA ships as well as the SG1 ships from last year. The Daedalus and 2 Wraith darts are available. The larger dart version comes with a Lego style Todd figure.

http://8of5multiverse.blogspot.com/2...best-lock.html

check out amazon in france there are heaps of new stargate kits available.
    sigpic "Check out or post Models, toys and blueprints " or: "latest Stargate PC Games "

Comment

I have the bc -304 daedalus set. Brand new in box. Mint condition. I'll sell it for $135.

Comment

How good is best lock cos I've heard some mixed reviews about them?
        "Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinded critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all." Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by StuckintheStargate View Post
          A mixed review sounds fair. For as low cost as the kits are ($4-$6 USD for the small sets), they are a good value. The dart canopy opens on the larger dart kit and the Stargate chevrons spin. There was a problem with a lot of boxes having missing parts, though, but the customer service department sent them to me after I emailed them a few times. I hope one bad quality control employee didn't ruin it for any future Stargate kits.

Comment

I've only ever made one set. The BC-304 daedalus set. Its super nice. And the box looks cool too! I still have one sealed set available. I through it up on ebay and got 22 watchers in 3 days. Price is $135.

Comment

Originally posted by chevron View Post
              I've only ever made one set. The BC-304 daedalus set. Its super nice. And the box looks cool too! I still have one sealed set available. I through it up on ebay and got 22 watchers in 3 days. Price is $135.
              Thanks, yeah the Daedalus set looks so cool!
              "Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinded critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all." Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by WraithTech View Post
                A mixed review sounds fair. For as low cost as the kits are ($4-$6 USD for the small sets), they are a good value. The dart canopy opens on the larger dart kit and the Stargate chevrons spin. There was a problem with a lot of boxes having missing parts, though, but the customer service department sent them to me after I emailed them a few times. I hope one bad quality control employee didn't ruin it for any future Stargate kits.
                Ah right that makes sense, you're right, it's a shame that one batch ruins the rep theyre defo going on the christmas list

Comment

I'm never spending money on a Best Lock set ever again. They are rubbish.

I own the Wraith dart, minus one piece, and a small Goa'uld set. And my sister has the X-what's-it-again glider with Carter. None of the pieces fit properly on top of one another. The quality is poor and when finally finished it falls apart again if you so much as touch it to dust it off. It sits there never to move again. At least I can move my Lego WWI plane without bits and pieces falling off constantly.

The dart canopy opens on the larger dart kit...
                  Unless you wish to have the entire thing in your hand, keep it closed at all times.

There was a problem with a lot of boxes having missing parts, though, but the customer service department sent them to me after I emailed them a few times.
                  Never gotten the missing piece for my Wraith dart. Missed a piece for my WWI plane, one mail to Lego Denmark and three weeks later the piece was in the mail. Now that's customer service.
                  Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Glue is your friend with Best Lock! My daughter has the gate running around. Though Jack kind of looks naked in his desert uniform! She's got some other sets I picked up cheap with Liquidation World was well... liquidating.
                    Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

Originally posted by Angela V View Post
                      Glue is your friend with Best Lock!
                      That is indeed going to happen soon.

Comment

I've been thinking about buying the Daedalus but the mixed reviews and high prices(they seem to have gone up a lot recently) make me doubt this. It would've been cool if Lego had had the rights to make some Stargate sets, but the Best-Lock sets are better than nothing I suppose.

Comment

You can still build your own Lego set. You would just have to design it yourself before building it.

I was at a Lego event a month or so ago, and one of the builders used his imagination to build a Stargate setting, and the only thing he used was Lego - no Best-Lock in sight.

Comment

This is very true, but in order for me to build my own spaceship sized sets I would have to order a lot of loose bricks, which is rather expensive. I've been looking into buying in bulk, but I haven't been able to find a place where I can buy the things I want for cheap, without half of it being pieces I don't need

Comment

Originally posted by RunnerRonon View Post
                              This is very true, but in order for me to build my own spaceship sized sets I would have to order a lot of loose bricks, which is rather expensive. I've been looking into buying in bulk, but I haven't been able to find a place where I can buy the things I want for cheap, without half of it being pieces I don't need
                              As you may know, I have a daedalus set. I have two of them, but don't need two so I'm selling one. They are actually high quality, not lego but a lot better than other best lock sets. I just sold mine a week ago on ebay for $125, but they never paid, so it's for sale still.

Comment

Working...
                              X