Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    have the past end with Watson saying 'there is another way'
    Then the action in the future, and Helen just shows up and have the gobsmack moment be her 113 years of seclusion' revelation.
    that could have been cool

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
      i'm thinking just writing 'uprising' *better* would have done the trick.

(i also love keeping 'tempus' separate and not letting some weaker storyline tarnish it's greatness )
      Totally agree!!!!

Comment

Usually I do not read the messages before I watch an episode and write my review but I have read all the ones in this thread and I must say that I am surprised if not embarrassed and annoyed by the virulence of some messages regarding some actors and/or characters.
        I find that there are a lot of judgments on the acting , directing and writing that bother me a lot because I thought that this kind of thread was done to exchange our feelings and passion about a TV show and its topics and characters. Sharing an opinion based on the events occurring in the episode , on the character’s behaviours , the storylines etc is for me different than giving a judgement based on the fact that we like or hate an actor/actress , and therefore affirming that an episode is weak or bad. I don’t think that the game here is to do like we were all experts in a jury of a movie festival . I would say that some here, should be a little more humble in their comments. I had even the feelings that some do not like the Sanctuary show , so why watching and then loosing time to denigrate the elements you would like to see leave for your own satisfaction . Usually , people share what they like together and not the contrary. Sorry , but I am really embarrassed by this and it spoils all the pleasure we could have to exchange opinions . there are so many things we can say about an episode , about how we may understand differently some situations or what outcome we think will arrive or what will happen to a character etc. I hope I didn’t hurt anyone , but I needed to tell .
        Personally I watched the 3 first episodes all at the same time Saturday evening and I really spent a very good moment , better than if we had chosen to watch a DVD movie. That was very entertaining , beautiful to watch and interesting . That is what make the good quality shows.

Comment

I just give my opinion about an episode/character whether it's positive or negative. To me that's what a discussion is about, it's not just about extolling all the greatness. It's a TV show that's directed and written by people and uses actors to tell a story; so there can be good and bad things about all of those things/people/factors.

It's not like it's a hate fest in here; everyone is being more or less polite and adult in the thread, otherwise I would expect the moderators to intervene.
          Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
          Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
          On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by Morigane50 View Post
            Usually I do not read the messages before I watch an episode and write my review but I have read all the ones in this thread and I must say that I am surprised if not embarrassed and annoyed by the virulence of some messages regarding some actors and/or characters.
            I agree to an extent. You (general) don't like a character or episode, of course you are free to share that opinion. But wishing for various characters' deaths (Will, Abby, etc) takes things a bit too far IMHO and is not particularly conducive to discussion.

I'm no moderator so I can't enforce anything, but I'd just like to make a request to my fellow fans to please dial back on the 'I wish character x would just die' kind of stuff. Goodness know there are characters on Sanctuary I don't really care for and I've shared those opinions, but wishing for their death is a bit over the top IMHO.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
              I just give my opinion about an episode/character whether it's positive or negative. To me that's what a discussion is about, it's not just about extolling all the greatness. It's a TV show that's directed and written by people and uses actors to tell a story; so there can be good and bad things about all of those things/people/factors.

It's not like it's a hate fest in here; everyone is being more or less polite and adult in the thread, otherwise I would expect the moderators to intervene.
              It is the person that does not have the majority view that I quite enjoy. Everyone here feels comfortable enough to be different and I hope it is always that way in the Episode review threads. Now for the threads that are exclusively for admiration, negative opinions are not tolerated and shouldn't.

I want to hear everyone's gut feeling of an episode. Did it make you fly high or make you want to sleep from boredom? The reviewers here that have the same, "I love it all, I love them all, They can't do bad" bore me but they are the constant on the end of the bell curve. Same with the "I hate it every week" people. The people in the middle are the ones I watch to see if the episode sways to Good or a Dud. And yes, I have my choice on who to kill off. I also have me choice on who I would Shag, go hiking with, watch sports with..... etc... Biggie and Kate would be my tv buddies. *get the popcorn*.

**As for this episode, its was great for me. No I didn't like all the acting but I was greatly thrilled with the writing. The twist and turns, the humour, the use of so many characters in one episode, the introduction of the new baddie that I wish would get eaten. And if I go to the middle of the pack of the reviews for this episode, this was a hit. Compared to last week which would be close to a dud.

Moderators, I do hope the review threads stay open for opinions. Good, bad, nutty, "what the hell?.....

**Edit: the bolded part is for the episode Untouchable. oops. Thanks fem. *hug*
              Last edited by Steff; 25 October 2011, 02:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Steff View Post

As for this episode, its was great for me. No I didn't like all the acting but I was greatly thrilled with the writing. The twist and turns, the humour, the use of so many characters in one episode, the introduction of the new baddie that I wish would get eaten. And if I go to the middle of the pack of the reviews for this episode, this was a hit. Compared to last week which would be close to a dud.
                You do realize this is the Uprising thread, right?
                Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
                  You do realize this is the Uprising thread, right?
                  Oops, thanks Fems..... hehe I thought I was in the Untouchable thread. hehehe

Ok, this is the episode I think lends toward the "dud". Too many of the reviews here are full of disappointments with the episode. I was very disappointed. Too many tents..... grrrrr .... no connection with the people that died....... grrrrr..... too many conference calls on the overhead tv's with internal administrative strife. grrrr

There you go.... Uprising.

And yes, I have thoughts of character deaths after watching...... hehe

Comment

1. Wasn't actually certain Helen would turn up at all in this ep, and least not in the fashion she did.

2. As the lady said though, very well played Will!

3. Bummer to see Kate bail but presume they have a gameplan. And possibly AD has one as well.

4. Real tension here, "how the hell are they going to get out of this".

Greeat stuff people, great stuff
                    I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

I'm in the north of the county, Matt, great to see a fellow Devonian on here!

Loved the camp and the eruptions from the Calderas, after last week's one abnormal this was much more satisfying. Enjoyed the episode but did feel the ending was slightly anti-climactic.....

Don't think Sanctuary is quite as good yet as Season 3 but early days still (well at least for us people in the UK!)

Comment

Ooo arrr..Back when GW started up I was living in the London burbs but then I moved here, thanks partly to my strong Exeter family roots.
                        I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Working...
                        X