No announcement yet.

Stargate Chevron Light Prop - Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After being disappointed with the light glass situation, I put my paint can ninja skills to work...finally started the paint.

I choose to paint the chevron metallic grey.

Did 3 layers
    1st Layer
    2nd Layer ( 3 hrs later )
    3rd Layer ( 1 hr later )

1st Layer

close up

"To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important." - Teal'c

http://jcprops.wordpress.com/

Comment

Looks even better

Comment

Originally posted by Quizziard View Post
        It's a live auction, next weekend. And they're selling the Furlings (from "200") as well as large numbers of other things, including six separate lots containing segments of the SGC standing set Stargate:

http://www.propworx.com/2011/09/20/s...now-available/

That makes me really sad :'( Growing up with Stargate only to have it be cancelled when I'm at my 'SG obsessive high' (SGU).... *sigh* But now they're selling set peices, it sorta makes it more solid and legit that it's ended now.

Originally posted by jessec View Post
        Anyone who will try to build their own, what I learnt from this build is that things will be so so much easier if it was built in two parts. Top part should have never been glued down the bottom box should be built first lighting hooked. With the box built all u will have left to do is lay the top down.

My next build will be using this method..but I guess I still have to finish this one first.
        Well, practise makes perfect!

Originally posted by jessec View Post
        After being disappointed with the light glass situation, I put my paint can ninja skills to work...finally started the paint.

I choose to paint the chevron metallic grey.

Did 3 layers
        1st Layer
        2nd Layer ( 3 hrs later )
        3rd Layer ( 1 hr later )
        Looks really nice and glittery
        sigpic
        Sig by Yamiinsane, Thanks!
        'It's Nuttier than Squirrel poo' - Amanda Tapping
        : Thats it! Sphere, planet, label, name! : Following, still, you, not!
        I'm not crazy...I just have another consciousness in my brain! So he just looks crazy then?
        Indeed

Comment

Originally posted by StarSancFar View Post
          That makes me really sad :'( Growing up with Stargate only to have it be cancelled when I'm at my 'SG obsessive high' (SGU).... *sigh* But now they're selling set peices, it sorta makes it more solid and legit that it's ended now.
          They've been selling bits and pieces for over a year now. At least I got my hands on some small things and missed out one a few others.

But as you can see, you can also just build your own stuff...
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
            They've been selling bits and pieces for over a year now. At least I got my hands on some small things and missed out one a few others.

But as you can see, you can also just build your own stuff...
            Yeah, I heard, just thought that everything was aucioned off by now....
            Yeah, that keeps me happy!
            sigpic
            Sig by Yamiinsane, Thanks!
            'It's Nuttier than Squirrel poo' - Amanda Tapping
            : Thats it! Sphere, planet, label, name! : Following, still, you, not!
            I'm not crazy...I just have another consciousness in my brain! So he just looks crazy then?
            Indeed

Comment

Paint was done but I was not happy still lot of imperfections,so more primer bondo and then repaint again..will update soon
              "To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important." - Teal'c

http://jcprops.wordpress.com/

Comment

Working...
              X