Spoiler:

Pen tool

Freeform pen tool

Vertical type mask tool

Custom shape tool

sigpic

Comment

Thank you very much for the tool tips, Nola

In the tutorial I followed ladygris makes a stamp of all the layers (Ctrl—Alt—Shift—E). I can't find anything named "stamp" in Paint Shop Pro X - is it the same as merging layers? In that case the options in PSP are: "Merge Down", "Merge All (flatten) and "Merge Visible" - I chose to flatten, but I'm not so sure it was the right thing to do...

Comment

a couple more to finish out the left hand side
          Spoiler:

3D manipulation and zoom tools

Quick mask tool

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Samantha-Carter-is-my-muse View Post
            Thank you very much for the tool tips, Nola

In the tutorial I followed ladygris makes a stamp of all the layers (Ctrl—Alt—Shift—E). I can't find anything named "stamp" in Paint Shop Pro X - is it the same as merging layers? In that case the options in PSP are: "Merge Down", "Merge All (flatten) and "Merge Visible" - I chose to flatten, but I'm not so sure it was the right thing to do...
            actually not quite the same - what making a stamp does is it creates a new layer of all the merged layers WITHOUT merging or flattening the layers beneath it. Does that make sense?
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
              actually not quite the same - what making a stamp does is it creates a new layer of all the merged layers WITHOUT merging or flattening the layers beneath it. Does that make sense?
              Yes, I think it makes sense - does it give you the opportunity to still change things in the layers beneath the stamped layer and then "refresh" the stamp afterwards?
              I wonder if PSP has anything that comes even close to making a stamp?

Comment

One question, Nola? Do you have any idea if the "refining edge tool" is available in all PS versions? I was looking at my tool bar in my PS 2 version ( yep, the jurassic version) and all I can find is my magic wand tool. When I right click it I find nothing similar. . Or is it hidden in some menu?

I'm asking this because, for example, I don't have the pen tool.
                sigpic
                Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
                Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

sorry so long getting back to you - RL got in the way (grocery shopping, making lunch, eating)
                  I found this graphic for CS2 tools

I used to use CS2, so I did remember that it does have the pen tool.

Unfortunately, the Refine Edge tool was introduced with CS 3, so your version of CS 2 won't have it.
                  sigpic

Comment

don't feel bad Jade... i still use CS3... i made the jump to CS5 once, but they changed a bunch of options on masking layers and i didn't like it, so i went back....
                    I'm a Slasher. I slash. It's what I do.
                    sigpic

Comment

The last version I used was Photoshop 7..

Comment

that really IS a dinosaur these days
                        sigpic

Comment

I have photoshop Elements
                          On the edge of breaking down
                          sigpic
                          Banner made by me

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                            that really IS a dinosaur these days
                            Indeed.. I only need Gimp to make textures.. Everything else I can do in Blender..

Comment

that's the first version i ever used... PS7 with Elements 2 plug-in.... not that i ever used Elements....
                              I'm a Slasher. I slash. It's what I do.
                              sigpic

Comment

I don't really use elements either. Depends on what I'm making.
                                On the edge of breaking down
                                sigpic
                                Banner made by me

Comment

Working...
                                X