Artwork for All - challenges, graphics, tutorials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ikorni View Post
    Damn! I just did this and had fully intended to do a tutorial....until I flattened the psd file and closed the whole program by accident! Anyone who's interested in it, though, do let me know so I can post my texture and stocks.

http://i1241.photobucket.com/albums/gg503/Ikorni/Others/th_stanakatic_zpsb4f1e822.jpg
    *raises hand* I am. Bad Ikorni. I never flatten anything. I'm too indecisive...Is there any way you can reconstruct what you did? I am bad at using multiple elements and I always love to practice using them ( and utterly fail, but that's another matter...)
    sigpic
    Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
    Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

Originally posted by LT. COL. John Sheppard View Post
      He's so wonderfully bad, isn't he? Ican't wait to watch it. My only issue with it is the 3D, my local threatre is not a good place to watch those and I'm not planning going to Lisbon on purpose. I might, though...

Originally posted by Hyndara71 View Post
      Thanks yamii and JW . I'm glad you like the WP.

JW, you did a great job yourself with the Tut - Luther *happy sigh*. I love this show to pieces! And I love your use of Red there - and this I say as a person who usually HATES red
      Thank you. I like red but I hesitate to use it, especially on wallies. I find it funny that you say you don't like red when I clearly remember one stunningly beautiful red piece with a DNA strand, Grimm themed, made by someone named Hyndara71

And so sorry for the multiple posts. I always forget to back read...*shakes head*
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JadedWraith View Post
        *raises hand* I am. Bad Ikorni. I never flatten anything. I'm too indecisive...Is there any way you can reconstruct what you did? I am bad at using multiple elements and I always love to practice using them ( and utterly fail, but that's another matter...)
        Heh. I can try. But you'll have to play with the blend modes yourself unfortunately to get the colouring.

This is only a very very very approximate reconstruction and I can't emphasise this enough!

Spoiler:

1. Use a black background.

2. Position your stock images as you will, erasing the sharp edges with a soft brush.

3. All stock images are to be positioned on top of these images and erase them where the faces/bodies are.

4. These are the images you need:

You'll need to play around with the opacity and the blending modes as I've already said earlier, but I do remember using a lot of linear burns to get it right.

5. Duplicate some images if necessary. I know I duplicated this one, resized it to frame the model's face and flipped it horizontal.

6. I resized this, kept the red paint stains to fit them around the model and text.

7. Use a selective colour layer (Adjustment layer) to get the colours you want. I think I chose a magenta/blue sheen.

8. Text - position your words wherever you want.

9. Make a stamp of everything and sharpen the entire layer and you're done!
        Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Ikorni View Post
          Heh. I can try. But you'll have to play with the blend modes yourself unfortunately to get the colouring.

This is only a very very very approximate reconstruction and I can't emphasise this enough!

<snip>
          Thanks, thanks a million! I'm memorizing it to try it later. I once accidentally merged some layers and I couldn't reproduce my own final work, as hard as I tried. And I had just ten, twelve layers. I couldn't get the colours right..oi!:O So differences are perfectly understandable.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JadedWraith View Post
            He's so wonderfully bad, isn't he? Ican't wait to watch it. My only issue with it is the 3D, my local threatre is not a good place to watch those and I'm not planning going to Lisbon on purpose. I might, though...

Thank you. I like red but I hesitate to use it, especially on wallies. I find it funny that you say you don't like red when I clearly remember one stunningly beautiful red piece with a DNA strand, Grimm themed, made by someone named Hyndara71

And so sorry for the multiple posts. I always forget to back read...*shakes head*
            *blushes* Thank you . That WP was more or less an accident, somehow. Glad you liked it

Original eBook:Der Spuk im Rosenhaus
            Sig & Avi by Josi
            sigpic
            LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)
            I'm on Twitter and on Facebook Tumblr and AO3

Comment

Nice artwork, everyone. Wish I was that good.

Comment

everyone thinks less of their own work - it's human nature. Besides, we each have our own styles.
                sigpic

Comment

I always see the things I'm not happy with..

Comment

Originally posted by FlyBoyFanGirl View Post
                    Nice artwork, everyone. Wish I was that good.
                    Shut up! You are. I really like your personal style: it's strong and meaningful. I love your current sig, e.g.

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                    everyone thinks less of their own work - it's human nature. Besides, we each have our own styles.
                    Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
                    I always see the things I'm not happy with..
                    The reason I never flatten anything is because that way I can make changes. I always agonize over details I didn't get right. I always ( or almost always) prefer others work to my own. *sigh* I'm puzzled when they don't like their work...
                    sigpic

Comment

Rather than flatten, I always make stamps. (Ctrl + Alt + Sft + E) that way, you preserve your separate layers (and whatever blending modes or opacities you used) in case you want to go back or need to write down what you did.
                      sigpic

Comment

Gorgeous arts everyone!

Here is a new wallie:

sigpic
                        Icon and Sig by me.

Comment

so cute! pure adoration
                          sigpic

Comment

Wallpaper I did for Jeyla's June Art Challenge in Beya:

Icon by AceofHadeon Sig by TrueRomantic

sigpic

Comment

I like that lace line textures...care to share?
                              sigpic

Comment

Great arties, everyone!

Re flattening or not. . . .I always flatten and save as a .jpg. But, before I do that, I usually save the .psd file so I can go back and tweak whenever I want to. My Rachel Weisz sig I just posted is an exception. I wasn't certain I liked it and saved the JPG. Then, I realized I'd never saved the PSD!

Comment

Working...
                                X