X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"We're in another galaxy - how much more OUT can you get?"

Great discussion!

Originally posted by SaharaGate
    But in scifi or fantasy - or anywhere really - with a same-sex relationship as a *part* of their character, rather than the definition of it, I have yet to see.
    I agree - there isn't a TV show that has the guts to do it at the moment. Buffy did pretty good for a while - the Willow/Tara relationship seemed to be the ONLY working relationship on that show for quite some time. I'd love to see something like that in sci fi, it would be really interesting to see how that develops. Atlantis has a lot of potential actually, because, IMHO, the characters have a lot of depth and the stories are very good.

In a world that seems to be increasing in conformity
    it's harder and harder to be who you wanna be
    It takes a lot of courage to stand up and get what you need
    And lots of us are happy in a different kind of family

Comment

I think it is a very intriguing idea...I haven't picked up much romantic tension between them but they are fairly close, so it's always possible. I would be very entertained if anything DID ever evolve between them.

Comment

I dont see it >< where =P

BTW does SGA have a scheduled airing time on scifi besides on fridays? and saturday early morning
        RADEK ZELENKA FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Shouldn't this be called Sheppard/McKay Slashie or something?

And no. SGA only airs on those two times. Although, they should re-run it on Sundays.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
          [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

Whats slash again ^^?

Comment

Originally posted by Luneria
              Whats slash again ^^?
              It's the term used when you want to see two males or two females hook up. I think. Don't quote me on that....unless I'm right. Then you can quote me.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
              [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

Oh, ship sounds better though since the title has sheppie in it

Comment

Also, why would Sheppie go for McKay.

Hes way to out of his league, I can see Aiden(Who I hate or that british dude), but McKay is way way below him.

Sheppard AND Emmagan FOREVER!!!!1!!one!

Comment

I will shamelessly bump until somebody agrees ^^

Comment

I am such a Shep and Mckay shipper.

Love the Lorne | The F.O.R.D shall rule the earth.... | Fly boys do it in the air
                      Quirk - The Paul McGillion fanlisting | Grace - The Rachel Luttrell fanlisting

Comment

^
                        l How??? McKay is obviously older(or shows it ), and he has a little gut( Dont get me wrong hes adorable but I am talking realistically ). Then there is handsome, rock hard Sheppie. I dont see the two ><

Comment

^
                          l How??? McKay is obviously older(or shows it ), and he has a little gut( Dont get me wrong hes adorable but I am talking realistically ). Then there is handsome, rock hard Sheppie. I dont see the two ><
                          Because there's more to relationships than how hot the involved couple looks like. Personally, I'll take McKay over Shep any day as I love his attitude and brains, not to mention his looks. As for the possibility of a McKay / Sheppard relationship... well, first of I do believe they're friends - in the ep "Hide and Seek", I doubt that McKay
                          Spoiler:
                          would have allowed Shep to shoot him and throw him off a balcony to test the Ancient personal shield
                          if they weren't friends and if he didn't trust the Major. Now, while it's not always a given, the best romantic relationships start off as good friendships which I'd imagine holds true for hetero as well as homosexual relationships.

Comment

Well I know that but still

Either way I am keeping Teyla and Sheppie toghether

Comment

Originally posted by CoffeeGirl
                              "We're in another galaxy - how much more OUT can you get?"

Great discussion!

I agree - there isn't a TV show that has the guts to do it at the moment. Buffy did pretty good for a while - the Willow/Tara relationship seemed to be the ONLY working relationship on that show for quite some time. I'd love to see something like that in sci fi, it would be really interesting to see how that develops. Atlantis has a lot of potential actually, because, IMHO, the characters have a lot of depth and the stories are very good.
                              I agree about the characters! They just seem really *real*, as my friend who I've just got hooked on the show says.

David Hewlett probably wouldn't be averse to the idea, given that he's been in a male-male love scene before.

I only realised this a few days ago, when I was innocently searching the web for cute pics of the atlantis actors....only to come across some *very* interesting pictures...

The movie was called Century Hotel apparently, but I haven't seen it. Just the pics.

Now Joe Flanigan I'm not so sure about

Alas, I don't think Stargate/Atlatnis wants the kind of attention that would come with that kind of a step though. I don't think controversy is the kind of publicity tptb seek out.

Comment

^
                                I think Shep and Mckay are actually quite equal.

Shep is the Alpha Male.

McKay is the Alpha Geek.

Comment

Working...
                                X