• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh yeah, you're right. My bad. >.>
    sigpic
    Weapons At Maximum!

Comment

It has been clearly stated that you can't enter a wormhole backwards or you will be instantly disintegrated the moment you enter it whole ("SG1, A Hundred Days") I saw whole because Stargates transmit matter whole and while entering it backwards isn't proper travel, it would still make sense that you need to be all in it and the fact that it was seen in ("SG1, Common Ground") where the man stuck his hand in but was able to pull it out.
      "The universe is big, its vast and complicated, and ridiculous. And sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles. And that's the theory. Nine hundred years, never seen one yet, but this would do me. (The Doctor)"
      — Steven Moffat

Comment

Yep, A Hundred Days made it pretty clear that if Teal'c fell into the incoming wormhole he would die.

Comment

technically it's still within the rules.

the Gate absorbs you whole, then reintegrates you. the back was covered in rock too, so obviously it would work like an iris. you enter, the gate disintegrates and reintegrates you against an iris.

just like the jaffa who run through after our team

Comment

Originally posted by Raven Gold View Post
            The show? The episode where SG-1 was trapped in that prison word, the prisoners jumped into the incoming wormholes and Sam explained how they died.
            The kawoosh disentigrates things. We're not talking about that here.

Comment

Originally posted by D Toccs View Post
              Yep, A Hundred Days made it pretty clear that if Teal'c fell into the incoming wormhole he would die.
              Teal'c had to remain clear of the kawoosh. The cavity was exactly the size of a kawoosh so it was important for his to make the hole bigger so he'd be clear of the next one.

Comment

Originally posted by morrismike View Post
                Teal'c had to remain clear of the kawoosh. The cavity was exactly the size of a kawoosh so it was important for his to make the hole bigger so he'd be clear of the next one.
                I wasn't talking about the kawoosh.

I was talking about how the SGC kept the gate open for as long as they could to maintain radio contact with Teal'c. They made it clear that if Teal'c were to fall into the open incoming wormhole he would be killed.

Comment

and in that same episode they sent a malp through before Teal'c went through and the malp fell back into the wormhole and was never seen again
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Justin1693 View Post
                    It has been clearly stated that you can't enter a wormhole backwards or you will be instantly disintegrated the moment you enter it whole ("SG1, A Hundred Days") I saw whole because Stargates transmit matter whole and while entering it backwards isn't proper travel, it would still make sense that you need to be all in it and the fact that it was seen in ("SG1, Common Ground") where the man stuck his hand in but was able to pull it out.
                    Originally posted by D Toccs View Post
                    actually that episode didnt say anything about being disintegrated, they just suggested that teal'c couldnt go through an incoming wormhole

Originally posted by taff View Post
                    and in that same episode they sent a malp through before Teal'c went through and the malp fell back into the wormhole and was never seen again
                    this is the only evidence that MAY suggest death. but, the gate was horizontal so... i dont know, maybe that had something t do with it

as escyos posted,
                    "JeffW writes: “This has probably been asked before; what happens if you walk into the BACKSIDE of a gate with an active wormhole? Disintegration? Or is the field “Bi-directional” (i.e.-it will translate an object from the front or back)?”

Answer: Actually, I have answered this one before. The gate is not bi-directional so anyone walking in through the back of the puddle will step out into the front of the puddle. If they attempt to retrace their steps, they’ll end up traveling through the wormhole. Another similar question I get asked is “What happens if you enter an incoming wormhole?” The answer – You’ll be spat back out at a speed relative to that at which you entered it."

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...h-the-mailbag/

Inconsistency perhaps?
                    Blessed is he who expects nothing, for he shall never be disappointed

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by morrismike View Post
                      Teal'c had to remain clear of the kawoosh.
                      Love the technical term lol

Why don't we call it the splash? lol

Comment

Apparently radio frequencies can travel in either direction, as can other forms of electromagnetic energy. But matter cannot. If someone puts a part of their body inside an incoming worm hole, they can pull it out again, but once their entire body enters, it is completely disintegrated.
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X