gate travel direction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gate travel direction

what would happen if u enter through the back of the event horizon??
    Last edited by monstar688; 03 August 2013, 07:51 PM.
    Blessed is he who expects nothing, for he shall never be disappointed

sigpic

you come through the front

Comment

my guess is you would be ripped apart at the event horizon. same as if you went through an incoming wormhole.
      sigpic

Comment

You can't go through the back. The event horizon is at the front, so the gate just blocks you from entering (like how it blocks anything not exerting a certain amount of pressure to indicate it wants to go through).

sigpic

Comment

I think this has been mentioned in SG1 in passing by Tealc before, he said he once knew a Jaffa who did it and his death was really painful. Will have a look to see if it's on Stargate Wikia or the like.

Comment

This has been discussed before. there should be an old thread somewhere in here if you look hard enough
            sigpicRequiescat in pace Weedle

Comment

i was always under the impression that you would cease to exist, as if you were caught in the kawoosh. i'm not sure they ever actually explained it in the show.

Comment

Originally posted by themeatcleaver View Post
                i was always under the impression that you would cease to exist, as if you were caught in the kawoosh. i'm not sure they ever actually explained it in the show.
                my thoughts exactly

Comment

Originally posted by blueray View Post
                  my guess is you would be ripped apart at the event horizon. same as if you went through an incoming wormhole.
                  nope

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                  You can't go through the back. The event horizon is at the front, so the gate just blocks you from entering (like how it blocks anything not exerting a certain amount of pressure to indicate it wants to go through).
                  nope

Originally posted by jayzee786 View Post
                  I think this has been mentioned in SG1 in passing by Tealc before, he said he once knew a Jaffa who did it and his death was really painful. Will have a look to see if it's on Stargate Wikia or the like.
                  that was a book and therefore serves no function here

Originally posted by themeatcleaver View Post
                  nope.

JeffW writes: “This has probably been asked before; what happens if you walk into the BACKSIDE of a gate with an active wormhole? Disintegration? Or is the field “Bi-directional” (i.e.-it will translate an object from the front or back)?”

Answer: Actually, I have answered this one before. The gate is not bi-directional so anyone walking in through the back of the puddle will step out into the front of the puddle. If they attempt to retrace their steps, they’ll end up traveling through the wormhole. Another similar question I get asked is “What happens if you enter an incoming wormhole?” The answer – You’ll be spat back out at a speed relative to that at which you entered it.
                  here http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...h-the-mailbag/

its the only CANON source we have and therefore is trustworthy.

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
                    nope

thanks escyos
                    Blessed is he who expects nothing, for he shall never be disappointed

sigpic

Comment

We also have that nuke behind the gate issue , we know that it doesn't absorbs the blast so that's 2 sources 1 from the writer and one from SG-1.
                      sigpic
                      Stargate Mods List

I am webxro , google me .SG,ST,SW,B5 Fan since forever.
                      StarTrek Excalibur enthusiast and Pardus player .
                      GW member infractions : 1

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post

Another similar question I get asked is “What happens if you enter an incoming wormhole?” The answer – You’ll be spat back out at a speed relative to that at which you entered it.
                        Except you don't come back out when you enter an incoming wormhole, you die.
                        sigpic
                        Weapons At Maximum!

Comment

Originally posted by Raven Gold View Post
                          Except you don't come back out when you enter an incoming wormhole, you die.
                          where did you get that info from? (Note: books, rpg, games are not sources)

Comment

The show? The episode where SG-1 was trapped in that prison word, the prisoners jumped into the incoming wormholes and Sam explained how they died.
                            sigpic
                            Weapons At Maximum!

Comment

Originally posted by Raven Gold View Post
                              The show? The episode where SG-1 was trapped in that prison word, the prisoners jumped into the incoming wormholes and Sam explained how they died.
                              actually they were vaporised by the unstable vortex not the wormhole itself.

Comment

Working...
                              X