X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
    Not true.

You can read as much as you want about it, but you can't read the subconscious impressions & stuff, I dunno maybe you want to call it the gestalt, but there's definitely information about a culture that you can't acquire without living in that culture for some time.
    your collective consciousness is simple enough to figure out

Why do you think I don't make comments about Yurp, for example? Granted, I can't find anything to read about that place, I suspect it exists only in your mind.
    and IRL
    I spelled it the way you pronounce it

Comment

In Annoyed's world all information and facts are left biased
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        By impeaching Trump, Clinton won't sit on the throne. Pence will be sitting there until such time a new President is elected.
        Consider the order of succession. Trump leaves for any reason, Pence steps in. If Pence is removed or leaves, guess who is # 3?

Speaker of the House, currently Nancy Pelosi.

What are the odds that the left/Democrats will try to take Pence down too? They've probably got a whole list of fictitious accusations to use against him already, just waiting to be used. Even high up Democrats know they can't beat Trump at the polls, they've come out and said so. "We can't beat him, so we better impeach him."

If you were running the show for them, under these circumstances, wouldn't you be doing something like that? It's their only chance.

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
          your collective consciousness is simple enough to figure out

and IRL
          I spelled it the way you pronounce it
          Ok, fair 'nuff. Europe. Since I don't live there, have never even been there, How detailed an understanding can I possibly have?
          Certainly not enough to argue with a resident who pays attention.

Comment

That is some pretty shaky logic there. It's also is contradicted by science and observational studies
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Today the Senate has finally passed a resolution recognizing the Armenian Genocide. After the House overwhelming voted for it, the Trump Administration blocked the resolution in the Senate three times before they finally gave up or failed, as the case may be.

For those of you who don't know, this is a big deal. People have been fighting for this for decades, but Turkey has denied it ever happened and the US government has refused to acknowledge it for fear of offending Turkey, and Republicans and Democrats alike have failed to do better for so long. Every Armenian everywhere has waited for justice and recognition for what happened to us for over a hundred years.

I'm only two generations removed from it, myself. And I can tell you, to get even a measure of justice, this is very meaningful day.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...e-trump-turkey

https://www.wsj.com/articles/senate-...se-11576181636

Last edited by Infinite-Possibilities; 12 December 2019, 03:38 PM.
              "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

sigpic
                ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                The truth isn't the truth

Comment

So, today trump attacked a 16 year old.
                  potus?
                  more like POS.

If you want to defend him, your no better.
                  sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                      So, today trump attacked a 16 year old.
                      potus?
                      more like POS.

If you want to defend him, your no better.
                      I presume you're talking about that whiner Thunberg.

"Greta must work on her Anger Management problem, then go to a good old fashioned movie with a friend!" Trump wrote of teenage climate crisis activist Greta Thunberg. "Chill Greta, Chill!"
                      Doesn't sound like much of an attack to me. Or, maybe it bolsters my argument that children should not be allowed anywhere near social networking because they're not yet mature enough to handle it.

What has this little whiner done to deserve any attention at all? Has she invented a new source of energy to replace what we have?
                      Has she figured out a way to solve any of the problems she's whining about?

Or is it that some media handler has picked her as a sympathetic voice for "the cause", endlessly repeating what someone tells her to say?

If she can't stand the heat, she shouldn't have gone into the kitchen.

Comment

Doesn't sound like much of an attack to me. Or, maybe it bolsters my argument that children should not be allowed anywhere near social networking because they're not yet mature enough to handle it.

What has this little whiner done to deserve any attention at all? Has she invented a new source of energy to replace what we have?

Or is it that some media handler has picked her as a sympathetic voice for "the cause", endlessly repeating what someone tells her to say?

cept she's only 16 unlike your King who can't stand the heat either (figuratively & literally: his makeup would melt in summer) and he's supposed to be the age of wisdom

Comment

so, any thoughts on the UK election?

IMO 2 explanations: either they can't learn from history, or it was a rusky-style election

if it's the former - then I'm gonna enjoy watching all those who voted for him, also lose their free health coverage
                          at least when they're in their death throes they can tell themselves that at least they're dying in their own sovereign country
                          lol

Comment

What has she done to attract the ire of the supposed leader of the free world?
                            Oh, that's right, he lost to her for time person of the year.
                            Oh, and she could handle it, she turned his attack into a joke.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
                              so, any thoughts on the UK election?

IMO 2 explanations: either they can't learn from history, or it was a rusky-style election

if it's the former - then I'm gonna enjoy watching all those who voted for him, also lose their free health coverage
                              at least when they're in their death throes they can tell themselves that at least they're dying in their own sovereign country
                              lol
                              Hmm, not sure.
                              The conservative swing was pretty huge, but I don't know if there is any evidence of rigging. Perhaps the UK folks are just so sick and tired of the Brexit deals that they wanted an actual majority government to do something about it?
                              I personally thing Boris is a tool, but at least he can be ousted by the party itself if he goes off the rails completely.
                              One massive advantage of the Westminster system.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                                What has she done to attract the ire of the supposed leader of the free world?
                                Oh, that's right, he lost to her for time person of the year.
                                Oh, and she could handle it, she turned his attack into a joke.
                                My point is that what has she done to make herself worthy of notice at all? Has she invented a cure? An alternate source of energy which can do the same job? Anything original at all? Or has she just got a good PR operation going someplace? Why should I even know who she is?

Comment

Working...
                                X