This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AleksisMi View Post
    its possible the posters were part of her social sciences explanations, how people see posters and are affected by it, the subject the posters are hte least likely to interest the kids probably, they were probably chosen to teach the topic without affecting the kids or influencing them or causing them to decry the teacher as a communist or racist...

dont quote me on this but i have heard sometimes people seem to draw alot of conclusions on people based on what they choose to show other people when teaching subjects or decorating teaching zones, so maybe these posters were chosen to create a learning environment where they wouldnt be blamed or called horrible things or risk influencing the children in a wrong direction?
    Pro Union posters chosen to avoid influencing them? How's that track?

It's just another example of public education being used as left-wing indoctrination. And this district is in a pretty red area of NY state.

That's why you don't want "big state" operating your schools.

Comment

*eats popcorn*

Nothing beats conspiracy theories comedy. It's why I sometimes listen to Alex Jones
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
        *eats popcorn*

Nothing beats conspiracy theories comedy. It's why I sometimes listen to Alex Jones
        I listened to him once not counting random clips. Nothing he said made sense.
        By Nolamom
        sigpic

Comment

Agreed. He and Annoyed have a lot in common
          Jelgate is right

Comment

if Alex Jones does conspiracy theories then Lou Dobbs & Sean Hannity do news

you can't be both a conspiracy theorist & an elitist government-worshiper

he's the opposite of a conspiracy theorist that's why he avoids the real conspiracy theories

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
              if Alex Jones does conspiracy theories then Lou Dobbs & Sean Hannity do news

you can't be both a conspiracy theorist & an elitist government-worshiper

he's the opposite of a conspiracy theorist that's why he avoids the real conspiracy theories
              You mean this?
              sigpic
              ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
              A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
              The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
                You mean science posters? It is a well known fact that scientists are extremely biased towards the left to the point where they peddle these things like climate change and pollution stuff. It sickens me how teachers are fooled into thinking these fairy tales are actually part of the scientific framework of our understanding on how the world works.
                Say what?
                Spoiler:
                I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
                  Say what?
                  #poe's law?
                  By Nolamom
                  sigpic

Comment

tis a known fact scientists only do Fake Science

Comment

Its only fake if it contradicts you or your viewpoint
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                        Its only fake if it contradicts you or your viewpoint
                        and double fake if it contradicts me and my viewpoint

Comment

First, I said I wasn't sure what the posters outside that classroom were advocating, it might have been environmentalist crap.

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                          Outside the classroom in the halls and such leading to it there were some other materials promoting ideas that spring from the left, (environmentalist crap?) but even though I wanted to wander around the building to reminisce, being an old man wandering around a high school with no valid reason is not good for the old arrest record, so I didn't really get a chance to explore other rooms or areas of the school.
                          But even if they were, climate change is not proven science, nor is the assertion that mankind is causing it. It is merely a theory at this point, there are too many scientists that don't accept it. Despite what certain people would have you believe, it's hardly settled science.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                            First, I said I wasn't sure what the posters outside that classroom were advocating, it might have been environmentalist crap.

But even if they were, climate change is not proven science, nor is the assertion that mankind is causing it. It is merely a theory at this point, there are too many scientists that don't accept it. Despite what certain people would have you believe, it's hardly settled science.
                            Do you deny climate changes at all or just that man is responsible? If its the former, how do you explain the messed up seasons, floods, water level rising, ice melting in the North pole, etc.? Fake news?
                            Spoiler:
                            I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
                              Do you deny climate changes at all or just that man is responsible? If its the former, how do you explain the messed up seasons, floods, water level rising, ice melting in the North pole, etc.? Fake news?
                              It doesn't have to be just those two options. Personally the way I see it is that we are impacting climate change but not causing it. We can, if taken proper steps, alleviate the damage that will be done by the change in climate if we act decisively and soon. But Climate change isn't just about gases too, it's also about general polution. There is an "island" the size of Mexico made out of plastic floating in the pacific. You got fish taking that in as well as mercury. We understand how mercury impacts us, but those plastic particles that end up in our fish is...well...unknown. And we are only adding more and more into the ocean so whatever ill effects there are, we are amplifying it.

And that's just one aspect on how pollution is messing up the food chain independent of climate change (ignoring the impact of the climate change that bounces back on the food chain).

We should focus more on recycling technologies which I feel are getting shafted. We can do both reduce air pollution and other forms of pollution. But a big problem here in the US is that the EPA is being gutted, not just where it concerns greenhouse gases, but pollutants in general. Baby boomers and their Generation X lackeys ruining it for everyone else.
                              By Nolamom
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
                                [COLOR="#000080"]It doesn't have to be just those two options. Personally the way I see it is that we are impacting climate change but not causing it.
                                What's causing it then?

Interesting graph, I'd suggest you take a peek and notice the changes in the 1984 - 2015 bracket. I have yet to hear a plausible scientific explanation as to how our planet has naturally warmed of 0.6 celcius degrees in a 40ish year period, which coincide in the massive industrialization / globalization of our world.
                                Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X