Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attempts at insults don't change the facts. Something you and your orange idol seem to forget
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Oh, that was no attempt. Accusing someone of drinking Rum is a definite insult.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
        Are those things not available at drugstores, at the end user's (or their insurance)'s expense?

You seem to advocate a system where people can make stupid decisions and expect others to pick up the tab. I got drunk last night and went out and signed a loan on a luxury car that I can't possibly afford to make the payments on. What's your billing address?
        On the contrary...I advocate a system where people show compassion and concern towards their fellow humans. Ya know...you sortta remind me of my neighbor. Shortly after moving to the house where I now am, I was walking one morning and he came out to say hello. He's an older gentleman in his early 70s. One comment he made, unnerved me to the core. He said he was glad to see another white face in the neighborhood. I about fell out of my shoes at that. My neigborhood is predominately hispanic followed by African American and then caucasian. I like how he assumed that because I was white that would find a racist comment acceptable. After that, I saw him a few more times. I waved hello, but that was the extent of our interaction.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
          On the contrary...I advocate a system where people show compassion and concern towards their fellow humans. Ya know...you sortta remind me of my neighbor. Shortly after moving to the house where I now am, I was walking one morning and he came out to say hello. He's an older gentleman in his early 70s. One comment he made, unnerved me to the core. He said he was glad to see another white face in the neighborhood. I about fell out of my shoes at that. My neigborhood is predominately hispanic followed by African American and then caucasian. I like how he assumed that because I was white that would find a racist comment acceptable. After that, I saw him a few more times. I waved hello, but that was the extent of our interaction.
          How the frak did race come into this?

Comment

Because you are both cranky old men angry at the world
            Also when you support a racist president...
            Jelgate is right

Comment

How the frak did race come into this?
              You remind carter of his neighbour, a cranky, racist, backwards throwback dreaming of the glory days that never existed anywhere but your mind?
              sigpic
              ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
              A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
              The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Did I not comment on that a few days ago, on the day Trump made those comments?
                As usual, you lack nuance and context.
                Democrat is bad, cause they will take your guns.
                Did it ever happen?
                Nope.
                Did any of them suggest taking all your guns?
                Nope.
                Trump, your dear leader, a republican however seemed willing to do it. The legal aspect is secondary in this case because he is your leader, and your leader is suggesting ignoring your laws.
                What is it in your head that is so selective in applying logic?
                It's beyond tribalism at this point.
                sigpic
                ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                  Because you are both cranky old men angry at the world
                  Also when you support a racist president...
                  Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                  You remind carter of his neighbour, a cranky, racist, backwards throwback dreaming of the glory days that never existed anywhere but your mind?
                  Others get it...yet...Annoying misses the point.
                  sigpic

Comment

Others get it...yet...Annoying misses the point.
                    what I think he (and I) are failing to see is just what in tarnation is racist about not wanting a system where people are continually bailed out of the consequences of their poor decision making and will thus never learn from their mistakes

Comment

Annoyed is incapable of seeing beyond his dualism
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

"hispanic" is not the same as "white/black". Just saying...
                        By Nolamom
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
                          "hispanic" is not the same as "white/black". Just saying...
                          I think you're drinking from the same Kool-aid pitcher as Annoying. Nowhere did I make that claim.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                            Am I a bad man for wanting to change one letter in republicants?
                            No need to change it, already reading it that way.
                            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I think you're drinking from the same Kool-aid pitcher as Annoying. Nowhere did I make that claim.
                              Nonsense. I was talking about behaving responsibly and being responsible for your own actions. Somehow, you thought that was a racial issue. Or don't you think minorities can be expected to behave responsibly?

Let me refresh your memory:

Originally Posted by Annoyed View Post
                              Are those things not available at drugstores, at the end user's (or their insurance)'s expense?

You seem to advocate a system where people can make stupid decisions and expect others to pick up the tab. I got drunk last night and went out and signed a loan on a luxury car that I can't possibly afford to make the payments on. What's your billing address?

Comment

Nonsense. I was talking about behaving responsibly and being responsible for your own actions. Somehow, you thought that was a racial issue. Or don't you think minorities can be expected to behave responsibly?

Let me refresh your memory:
                                I didn't say it was a racist issue...can you not see that? I was just drawing a comparision between you and the grumpy, hateful neighbor on my street. My claim was you are similar to him....mean and hateful. I don't see how others could see what I was doing, but you don't.

You also remind me of my child. He always has to be right...even when he's painfully wrong. This morning there was a news report about apartments in San Fransico. The report said that on average, a one bedroom apartment goes for $3,300. The news reporter said, "Thirty three hundred." Alex translated that to $33,000. Yet, he was so hellbent on being right, that he was getting angry about it.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X